Author Topic: Alpha and Omega Hardcovers?  (Read 5746 times)

wyvern350

• Tool Wrangler
Alpha and Omega Hardcovers?
« on: July 22, 2010, 02:38:36 pm »
Is this series paperback only, or were hardcovers ever published?  If it IS paperback only, are there any plans to publish hardcovers?

ETA: Title edited. Elle
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:42:02 pm by Elle »

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Hardcovers?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 03:22:20 pm »
Paper back only so far.

magique

• Tool Wrangler
Fair Game in Hardcover?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »
I was looking at the Book Depository website  http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=patricia+briggs&searchSortBy=pubdate_high_low and saw that Fair Game is listed as coming out in hardcover.  There’s also a paperback listed, but based on what I’ve read and seen that is likely the UK edition, since they’re not released in hardcover over there.  Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble aren’t listing Fair Game yet, has anyone else seen or read anything about this?

While my bank account prefers paperback, I’m happy for Patty!  This means that the series has been successful and publisher thinks highly enough of the book/Alpha and Omega series to change the format (plus it makes me hope that we’ll get more Charles and Anna sometime down the road :D

edit: Not sure if this would count as spoiler or speculation, so  I figured I’d start a new topic
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:18:23 pm by magique »

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Alpha and Omega Hardcovers?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:30 am »
magique, thanks for bringing that in. I wasn't expecting any of the A&O to be hardcover in first print. I was thinking it go more along the lines of the original Mercy novels. PB then rerelased as HB.

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. :)

ETA: there was already a thread here talking about A&O hardcovers so I just merged your post into it.
Hurog Means Dragon.

magique

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:16:40 am »
no problem Elle  :)

Amazon has finally listed "Fair Game" as well, in hardcover.  My guess is that they will go back and reprint the earlier ones in hc too, like you mentioned.  Since I do ultimately like to buy books I love in hardcover, this is good  (I just have to convince my wallet of that  ;) )

gingkogirl

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »
Sigh. Looks like I'll be buying another e-book/hardcover combo. I am really going to have to start choosing one or the other
very soon. I now have too many series that I am buying both digital and dead tree. Must get a grip!

evening-green

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:00 am »
I recently saw there was now a hardcover edition from the Science Fiction Book Club, sort of like their "Preying for Mercy" edition where the first three Mercy books are combined into one hardcover. The Alpha & Omega hardback includes the novella and the first two books. Too bad you can't just buy those in the store or order them from normal booksellers.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:00:10 am »
Actually, soon you can.  See Mr. Mike's reply here: 

http://www.hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6341.msg485023#msg485023
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:21 am »
Yay! An orderly bookshelf might be acquired. Should anybody be obsesed enough to need to have all the books in the same format :-whistle

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

evening-green

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:40:59 am »
oh that's good news, I would have missed that so thanks for the link :D

LWard

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 06:25:27 am »
I think evening-green was talking about the Alpha and Omega Omnibus. It's a 4 in 1 (Short story from the anthology and all three books), like the Preying for Mercy omnibus they did a few years ago. You can only get it though Science Fiction Book Club, (http://www.sfbc.com/fantasy-books/urban-fantasy-books/alpha-and-omega-by-patricia-briggs-1074261790.html) unless some other sellers pick up some copies and try to sell them through Amazon or something.