Author Topic: Kelley Armstrong  (Read 162345 times)

Jule

Kelley Armstrong
« on: August 03, 2007, 02:14:17 pm »
 Anyone read Kelley Armstrong? She wrote the Women of the Underwold series and Exit Strategy. Her Women of the Underworld series feature werewolves, ghosts, witches, and even a necromancer. Each character is different from the last, and completely lovable. My favorite is the werewolf (probably no all that surprising) called Elena. Kelley Armstrong aslo has some shortstories online.

jenglows

Re: Kelley Armstrong
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 04:08:08 pm »
I really LOVED Bitten and Stolen and the first couple of the magic stories ( Dime store and industrial), but I haven't continued reading it.  In truth, Elena got way too whiney for me in Broken.  My youngest was a few months old when I picked it up and I think that being pregnant so recently made it hard for me to relate to the " everyone is being too nice to me" complaints.  She kept going on and on about how Jeremy ( my favorite character) and Clay were allquitting caffine and beer  with her  and Jeremy wanted to take her shopping for baby stuff and how that really bothered her.  I just couldn't relate to her issues with it. at all. I ended up putting it down and I haven't really picked any more up.   I heard that the more recent one is very good so I might go back to the series...

Jule

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 04:25:45 pm »
I don't have kids, but I could relate to how freaked out she was by the prospect of having kids. I get what you're saying though. You should read No Humans Involved. Jaime's a really fun character and Jeremy has a big role in this book.

Andrea

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:30:52 am »
Got all the books and can't wait for No Humans Allowed to come out in paperback...
have had a sneaky read in Borders, and it is loking really good  :)

AnemicOak

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:46 am »
Excellent series.  Can't wait for Personal Demon to come out in the spring.

celeber

• Tool Wrangler
    • Cerulean Siren
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 12:53:35 pm »
Excellent series.  Can't wait for Personal Demon to come out in the spring.

Me too! I am looking forward to the YA novel next year as well.
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. ~ Anonymous

Mona

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 05:15:45 pm »
I enjoyed Bitten, etc.

I just picked up Exit Strategy from the library.  Her reviews have been pretty good.

Mona

Emily

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:21 pm »
I've read all Kelley's books up to now. I've really enjoyed reading them, though I have to agree that Broken, although I enjoyed it, wasn't what I expected. It took me longer to read the Nadia Stafford book than the paranormal ones, though, so I think I prefer those. I don't normally read non-Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror books, so that's probably why. I am looking forward to Personal Demons, but I'm not sure about Hope, as she her character's not had much development, yet...It should be interesting though. What I'd like to see is a book with Savannah, or one of the other werewolves as the narator, as Kelley calls it on her site.

CheekyHalfWit

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 05:17:34 pm »
I've read them all sence she first came out with Bitten.  I really couldnt get into the whole Hope story line.  I just dont care for her too much. 

Delti

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 09:10:16 am »
Have you read the Chaotic novella yet? It's narrated by Hope, and it's in Dates from Hell. It was pretty good. She seem like a pretty interesting charactor.

No Humans Involved was excellent. Probably my favorite so far.

Kmarie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 01:29:55 pm »
Let's see, I've read Bitten, Stolen, Haunted and Broken.  I love the way Kelley writes.  Thanks for the heads up on No Humans Involved, I went directly to the Library link and requested it.  I have so many authors that I read, that sometimes I miss a new book that one of them has out.  Can't wait now since I read an excerpt online! 
"A happy life is one which is in accordance with its own nature." -
  --  Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 09:24:55 am »
I loved Bitten, liked Stolenokay, didn't care too much for Dime Store Magic, but liked Industrial Magic better, couldn't stand Haunted, and *loved* No Humans Allowed. It took me a while to get the courage to pick up Exit Strategy, since it's non-paranormal, but I really liked it. It is a very different book than her others, but I'm really looking forward to the sequels.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Kmarie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 11:31:46 am »
Just finished No Humans Involved and I really liked it.  I'll be checking out Industrial Magic next and might even try Exit Strategy since I like Kelley's writing so much.
"A happy life is one which is in accordance with its own nature." -
  --  Lucius Annaeus Seneca

ForGetMeNot

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 09:47:45 am »
Kelley Armstrong is one of my favourite writers and is on my auto buy list.  I enjoyed Exit Strategy and will pick up the next in that series but for sure I lean more towards the paranormal/supernatural storylines.

I picked Bitten up in hardcover format when I realized I was standing up in the bookstore reading it and it was almost closing time so I'd have to put the book down   :o   No.  Didn't happen.

ForGetMeNot

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 12:00:45 pm »
Totally forgot to add that Kelley usually has online novellas relating to her Other World series available at her website I think the first 'batch' she wrote have been taken down because they are going to be published.