Author Topic: Hurog 3 -- Speculation  (Read 104389 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Hurog 3 -- Speculation
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:39:27 pm »
Speculation thread and what you'd like to see if we ever get another book set in the Hurog-verse.

Let me see...after Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood...and like the next one to be called Dragon Brothers. :D

It'd be ten years in the future. Ward and Tisala would have a couple of kids. The eldest one, a boy...would be the first in generations to be able to change into a dragon. Ward brought back the magic...I'd like to think he was able to renew that link as well.

Hmmm...lots of Oreg, of course. :D Not sure what he'd be doing but he'd be there. Tosten as well...and Tychis. So many possiblities! Maybe something in the court of King Kellen but I'd like it more in Hurog than anywhere else. We never did meet any Seaford peoples.

Hurog Means Dragon.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Hurog 3 -- Speculation
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:52:03 pm »
I'd go for the title Dragon Scales, that fits the dragon + body part, or maybe Dragon Back, fitting the dragon+ body part that starts with B, also, it could hint at the plot! I want to see more dragons returning to Hurog! What strife would this cause? Might Oreg find a nice dragoness-friend? :D

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:26:33 pm »
Since the first two books dealt pretty heavily with the potential splintering of the empire (can't remember the name, don't have the books in front of me), I think the third book would deal with Kellen's rise to the throne with all the insipient problems.  It could deal with the possibility of Hurog breaking off to form its own country (though Ward would be opposed to this).  Plus, there is the fact that in both previous books Ward had to deal with the ramifications of some unconscionable act performed by one of his ancestors, so maybe we'll get to see another one of those.

Goddess of the Night

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 07:52:19 am »
What about Dragon Brain? Bones and Blood are an important part of the body but so is the brain. The dragon's bones held the magical power in the first book, the dragons blood was needed for the stone in the second. What if it is Oreg or Wards 'thoughts' that is important in this one... like telepathy or telekinesis. I bet you thought for a minute I was thinking zombie.
~*~ Nyx ~*~ Goddess of the Night ~*~

dsgholam

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 02:32:49 pm »
Maybe something like Dragon Change to play off of the thought that perhaps someone regains the power to change into a dragon, or Dragon Deliverance having to do with Kellen's rise and the return of the dragons.

I like Dragon Back, though. That could be a play on words- saying that the dragons come back, that someone rides dragon back, and that Ward and Hurog have the dragon's backs (as in Ward will protect them from further harm).

"Please don't shoot the pianist, he's doing his best." -printed sign in America seen by Oscar Wilde

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 12:30:40 pm »

I would like to see how Ward brings Hurog back to
the glourios dragon day´s, i am not so interested in Kellen,
than in hurog. Something like "Dragon´s Rise"

I would expect someone who wants to get Hurogs Dragon
for magical power.

I would like a happy end ( after struggels)
for Oreg,a nice dragon Lady perhaps, with a beautiful voice like the one
that died ( or Wards Daughter who knows).

I would like to see Wards Children, and maybe some dragon abilities for Thosten.

I would like... i would like...
another Hurog Book with whatever is on Mrs. Briggs mind :)
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog

Reu

• Tinker
  • Draco invictus!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 09:47:41 pm »
We've seen a lot of internal threats in the first two books, I would like to see some of the external threats to the kingdom, or even some exploration of the other parts of the kingdom.

I don't want to see Ward and Tisala's children yet. There's still too much of their own story to tell.  I also want to see more interaction between Oreg and Tolsten. I think those two would have some interesting discussions, particularaly about the night Tolsten tried to kill himself. Wouldn't Oreg have known?

Most of all? More Axiel. He's another great character. I would like to know more about him.

Each of the previous books, the title has fit directly into the heart of the book - the Dragon bones needed to be destroyed, the blood woke the Bane. I can't wait to see what Patty comes up with for the next one.
Don't let the muggles get you down.
-Ron Weasley

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 12:06:30 pm »
Minor quibble, Reu.  The menace in Bones was the king of an outside country.  Not internal at all.

Oh, and a cross post for people to think about:

Rats, it went away.  I'll go back & grab it again.

For those planning on going to Miscon, who would be interested in holding a hurog party?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 12:08:29 pm by Patti L. »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Reu

• Tinker
  • Draco invictus!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 11:00:06 pm »
I guess in a way, I see a lot of the problems in Bones are also being internal, as well.  To clarify (I've been cooking too long... I type clarify and my mind automatically went to butter  :D) I would like to see a strictly outside influence against the Kingdom.

In Bones, part of why it worked, and how it set up for the Blood, was that the king was... well... hmm... A Posterior region. We see him only allow 100 men to stand against an invading force.  We see the king kill off the queen's suitors. A lot of what happened in Bones wouldn't have happened if the king had actually acted in a kingly manner.

I want to see what happens when they have a competent king on the throne. Then again, I guess there's also the stories to be told about getting Kellen (Keller? Kellen?) used to being on the throne. It's bound to be a bumpy transition.
Don't let the muggles get you down.
-Ron Weasley

pence

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 05:06:57 pm »
Thee was a glimpse of a second dragon - Or one full wild dragon that was not a hurog.  If the dragons are coming back, with other associated magical things it might cross with the Hobs bargain world.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 09:33:34 pm »
~~oooh, what if the freeing of Oreg, etc was tied in with the unravelling of the bindings from the Hob's world?  Butterfly wings across an ocean?

dsgholam

• Tinker
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 11:06:50 am »
Oh I would love that! It always seems that the Hob's world is just thiiis (holding thumb and forefinger a half inch or so apart) far away from several of Patty's other worlds. And I just love the Hob and that world so darn much!

"Please don't shoot the pianist, he's doing his best." -printed sign in America seen by Oscar Wilde

pence

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 04:00:29 pm »
There is a glimpse of a dragon in 'Steal the Dragon'.  The non contemporary fantasies really could be on the same planet!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 04:39:36 pm »
-- if on different continents.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 12:43:16 pm »
I don't think so. The dragoms from each world seemed to different.