Author Topic: Masques Discussion  (Read 48754 times)

white_unicorn

• Mechanic
  • The stories are written at Wattpad - Wolf_Lady :)
    • Wattpad - Stories
Re: Masques General Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2008, 06:58:39 am »
Oh! I loved the book...I'll get the next one as soon as I can...

I loved it when Aralorn says
"It's a good thing that I love you or you'd be Uriah bait"

I had a good laugh at that scene...

lgmorgan

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2008, 09:28:25 am »
I would love to get this book for my Kindle. Have all of the rest of Patty's books on my Kindle and enjoy reading them over and over and .... Well you get the idea. ::)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2008, 02:09:53 am »
I loved it when Aralorn says
"It's a good thing that I love you or you'd be Uriah bait"

I had a good laugh at that scene...

I loved that part too! I really enjoyed Masques and can't wait to see how Patty re-writes it and the sequel.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 08:15:39 pm »
I'm sure this topic would have so much more posts if most of us weren't using the same copy of the book. :P

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 09:43:04 pm »
I'm sure this topic would have so much more posts if most of us weren't using the same copy of the book. :P

Probably! I've been avoiding this section until I read it and now I want to re-read it to figure out more topics to discuss. But it's unfortunately in the mail :'(
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 10:00:47 pm »
Yeah, I think I had it close to a year ago, probably longer so I can't recall much, even if I reread it several times!

Tambayo

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2009, 12:03:47 pm »
M'dear, welcome.  The pirated e-version seems to have gone away.
I ran into a e-version of masques recently? So it must be back.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2009, 12:14:00 pm »
Oh.  Not so good.  Tambayo, if you'd be so kind, PM to Mr. Mike with any information you have about it.  He's not hugely uptight, but it messes with their legal rights if they don't pursue information about such.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Caffey

Starting the series without 1st book
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:57 am »
Hi, I'm dearly enjoying Patricia's books and want to read even more.  So discovering this series being re-released, I tend to always read in order.  So much easier to get into a series that way. 

1. With the first book Masques not being available, does book 2 give us a intro into the series so I wouldn't be lost?
2. Patricia, do you think its possible it could be available in ebook until its re-written or like a intro to the world of this series available on the site so that can jump into the series with book 2?

Thanks. 

Caffey

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 03:01:54 pm »
They're written almost stand alone, focus on different characters and geological regions. Basically you can read them alone, you just miss out a little for history. I read them in reverse order and didn't find that it affected my enjoyment very much.

Caffey

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:37 am »
Thanks Zealith.
Maybe I'll hear from Patricia on the history to the site for like a guide to start with book 2.  Its the book-holic in me that likes to read them in order!

RAVEN'S STRIKE, RAVEN'S SHADOW, DRAGON BLOOD and DRAGON BONES were all re-released too! 

Twila26

• Tool Wrangler
i fould it on
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 05:22:12 am »
I finally found it, although it has a ton of errors i still can read it online. you can print it out  like me i love paper and not siting at the computer.

i enjoyed it, love allof her books i only have the raven books to read next.

cherie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 11:35:09 pm »
Masques is at the top of the list for most wanted out of print books on abebooks in the Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Horror section:

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/books/rare-scarce/most-wanted-out-of-print.shtml?cm_mmc=nl-_-nl-_-h00-mstoopX-_-feat

Twila26, I highly suspect that the online copy you fond is a pirated version, as there's not one officially released that I know of.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:37:50 pm by cherie »

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 04:35:38 pm »
The Sianim series has three books: Masques, Steal the Dragon, and When Demon's Walk.   They're a VERY loose series, sharing only some world-level events, so you can read them in any order without missing anything.  Beginning authors have a very uncertain future, and Patty wanted to be able to re-write the books in a different world under a pseudonym if necessary.   :o

There's lots of pirated versions floating around.  I've ranted at length about "those nasty pirates", but it's hard to get too upset about folks trying to read a book that's NOT available through any reasonable channel.   Readers shouldn't have to pay $300 to get access to a paperback novel!

Finally, check the home page for some additional news.  Masques will be coming back into print in 2010.   
Where's my super-suit?

Jax

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2009, 04:44:16 pm »
Mike, that's excellent! Thanks for the news. :)