Author Topic: Werewolves- body temperature  (Read 15069 times)

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
Werewolves- body temperature
« on: March 03, 2008, 03:14:53 pm »
This is just general on your out look of the werewolf.

I know in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, her werewolves have an unusual body heat. They have a feverish heat to them that burns off medicine and allows them to heal quickly. Their normal body temperature is 108.9 F....which would be really bad for a normal human.

My question is, is Adam, Ben and the other werewolves body heat normal? Or is it a crazy, feverish body heat? Like, in Twilight, one of the wolves is called a space heater. Could Mercy use Adam as a space heater, if she needed to?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:31:30 pm by Elle »
^.^ ~Neko~

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Werewolves- body temperature
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:51:59 pm »
I'd wager a nickle that at least in wolf form, if not in human, they are warmer than humans, just as dogs, wolves, & most other mammals are.
Heh.  I'm reminded of an unofficial Star Trek book I had until I made the mistake of lending it to someone, where the gal got made into a concubine in the alternate universe with the evil twins of the gang, she had the observation that a Vulcan to snuggle up to every 20 odd days beat a hot water bottle all hollow.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Werewolves- body temperature
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:45:24 am »
Yes.  The werewolves have a high metabolism and a higher body temperature, especially in wolf form.  Not so high that anyone would normally notice.  Their temperature climbs with effort -- and like dogs they don't sweat.  This is one of the reasons that, unlike Mercy, they don't like hot.  Mercy's coyote form is much more suited to the desert climate of eastern Washington than the werewolves are.
Patty