Author Topic: Can Mercy be turned into a werewolf?  (Read 5453 times)

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
Can Mercy be turned into a werewolf?
« on: August 03, 2007, 01:42:37 pm »
 This has been bugging me for a while now.... when Mercy picks who she wants to be with, either Adam or Sam, she will age while they won't :(. Because of this would Mercy attempt the change? And if she does, would her being a walker even allow her to become a werewolf? And if it would, how would that work... would she be able to pick which to turn into when changing voluntarily? Would she be less bound to the lunar cycles as normal weres are? Would she be less volatile than your average werewolf?  ???

I don't really expect her to try the change, but I really want to know how the Walker and the Wolf would... interact. Weird question I know, but curiosity is killing me. ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:13:19 pm by Elle »
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Were-walker
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:30:14 pm »
Uhm.  Well. In all honesty, by the rules of my world, I'm not sure that Mercy is human enough to be Changed.  Remember that a lot of magic doesn't work right on her.

Becoming a were is not something that she wants at the moment, being all too aware of the downside.  There is also that nasty problem that so many people (like Mercy's foster mother) die in the process. 

But okay, say that she did get Changed.  I am certain that she would suffer from all the afflictions of a normal werewolf (making characters suffer is good for the book, after all -- and I try not to make things easy for them).  I don't know if she'd still be able to change into a coyote at all -- I'd give her a fifty-fifty chance.  If she could change into a coyote, her scent would be funky to other werewolves.  If she isn't mated to a powerful werewolf, she might be in trouble.  A wolf's instinct is to kill that which is different to protect the pack.

Fun stuff for thought!  Thank you :)