Author Topic: Book Addicts R Us  (Read 76503 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Book Addicts R Us
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:09:06 am »
I feel  books are more like drugs - its my addiction people collect shoes, stamps of bags. Its books for me- I just checked out the sellers on amazon and they have it in stock although they are based in the US - but its too expensive although I'm tempted very very tempted.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

gryphon340

• Mechanic
Re: Book Addicts R Us
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 04:28:13 pm »
Do it Do it you want it, know you want it. ;D
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 04:33:46 pm »
Enabler.  ;D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 04:45:01 pm »
Doesn't mean you're not an enabler, just means you're not a spoiler.

Exhibit A:

I rest my case.  :D
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:47:20 pm »

you sound like ben stiller in starsky and hutch.. ;)  argh, I think I really am too weak to resist the pull .... but first I will read all the kitty-books that arrived this week, then I'll decide if I order the hardcover *nods*

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 03:55:33 am »
This is like enabling books as an addictive drug lol. - Also talk about the definition of book dealers hehehe
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 05:59:04 am »
This is like enabling books as an addictive drug lol. - Also talk about the definition of book dealers hehehe

Hmm, sounds like this could be an interesting topic for a new thread.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 06:55:00 am »
ahhh, but books are addictive..I say how many times I've maxed out my credit card or spend money i really shouldn't have on books..as a matter of fact, I spent over $150 dollars in the last 2 months, but I just had to have them. ::)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 08:45:16 pm »

Thought this might be appropriate for this thread. :D I consider this to include books. ^^

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 02:18:23 am »
*stands up*

Hi, my name is mazoku and I have a problem. I'm an obsessive-compulsive buyer of books: if I walk into a bookstore I can't go out with my hands empty. So, to avoid spending all of my money, I stopped walking into bookstores. Unfortunately, I stumbled upon an internet bookstore, and so the problem came back. After trying to resist its lure, I decided I'm not strong enough and succumbed. Now the courier man knows me by name and asks me what books I bought this time. My friends tried to help me, but they succumbed too and now I'm officially their pusher. I even bought a messenger bag so I can have the book I'm reading always at hand (you never know where or when you might have to wait in line).
The upside of all this is: all my money disappear in buying books/mangas/candies (I can't read if I can't munch some candies ;)) and so this leaves no space to other addictions.

*sits down*

Life is so f*cking good if you have good books to read!! ;D
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 02:37:39 am »
LOL

I also like to say that we should celebrate this addiction and be proud of it! We should have a book addict day ;D on Hurog one day.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 05:17:49 am »
Man I always thought the introduce your self was the start of book addiction club.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2008, 01:48:22 pm »
So today was my local library's semi-annual used books sale. They sell both their cast-offs and donations which can include dvd's, vhs, cd's and audio tapes. I made out like a bandit - 6 paperbacks, 1 audio story and 14 movies on vhs. *sigh of contentment* 
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 02:09:46 pm »
That should help you rest quietly at home so you don't end up hospitilized.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2008, 02:15:14 pm »
As long as I can keep the cabin fever at bay. Tomorrow I will stay home and not do any errands, not even taking out the trash.