Author Topic: Elizabeth Moon  (Read 16704 times)

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
Re: Elizabeth Moon
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 02:33:39 pm »
I liked the first trilogy with Paksenarrion. Gird's story, not so much I think.
Also like the space opera that I have read by her, which I see is not much only the Herris Serano series.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 02:42:26 pm »
I didn't see anything in Wiki about the potential movie of "Speed of Dark"; it's one I'm not sure would work as a movie, it's so internal to Lew.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2012, 03:33:33 pm »
Movie deal was for The Vatta series. I saw it in a publisher's maginze.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2012, 03:53:59 pm »
Well, I heard about the potential movie a couple of years ago, probably at Baen's Bar.  Can't find anything about it on Wiki or IMDB.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2017, 07:23:19 pm »
New Book!  :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1101887311/ref=pd_luc_rh_sim_03_04_t_img_lh?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

After nearly a decade away, Nebula Award–winning author Elizabeth Moon makes a triumphant return to science fiction with this installment in a thrilling new series featuring the daring hero of her acclaimed Vatta’s War sequence.

Summoned to the home planet of her family’s business empire, space-fleet commander Kylara Vatta is told to expect a hero’s welcome. But instead she is thrown into danger unlike any other she has faced and finds herself isolated, unable to communicate with the outside world, commanding a motley group of unfamiliar troops, and struggling day by day to survive in a deadly environment with sabotaged gear. Only her undeniable talent for command can give her ragtag band a fighting chance.

Yet even as Ky leads her team from one crisis to another, her family and friends refuse to give up hope, endeavoring to mount a rescue from halfway around the planet—a task that is complicated as Ky and her supporters find secrets others will kill to protect: a conspiracy infecting both government and military that threatens not only her own group’s survival but her entire home planet.

Jax

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »
That's fantastic! I love her work.