Author Topic: Karen Chance  (Read 243499 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Karen Chance
« on: February 28, 2008, 05:34:20 am »
Has anyone read any of her Cassandra Palmer books? I have read the first two Touch the Dark and Claimed by Shadow and have already preordered the third one Embraced the Night.

Here is the blurb for Touch the Dark

Cassandra Palmer can see the future and communicate with spirits-talents that make her attractive to the dead and the undead.  The ghosts of the dead aren't usually dangerous; they just like to talk...a lot. The undead are another matter.

Like any sensible girl, Cassie tries to avoid vampires.  But when the bloodsucking Mafioso she escaped three years ago finds Cassie again with vengeance on his mind, she's forced to turn to the vampire Senate for protection. The undead senators won't help her for nothing, and Cassie finds herself working with one of their most powerful members, a dangerously seductive master vampire-and the price he demands may be more than Cassie is willing to pay...

If you like Kim Harrison then I would def recommend this series. There is also a spinoff book out this year and features a dhamphir called Dory - called Midnight's daughter and will be the start of a new series

Blurb and excerpt can be found here :)

http://www.karenchance.com/books_md.html
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
Re: Karen Chance
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:00:34 am »
*nods* I have the books too, they are good!

GW  WK  WH

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44:02 am »
Oddly enough, I read the first one, Touch the dark, and wasn't very impressed with it, but decided to give the second book a try anyway. I never got past the first few chapters: I don't know why, but Cassandra just pisses me off, can't really understand why or how, but I can't bring myself to like her. :-\
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:52:57 am »
Really?  I love those books :)  Can't wait till the next one comes out...only 2 more months :/
I kinda want Cassy and Pritkin to end up together though.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:57:40 am »
I think I know what you mean Maz about Cassie but in the last book she seems to be accepting her position now and basically she doesnt want to be a pawn like the previous Pythia was. And I acutally want Mercea and Cassie to get together but Pritkin is nice ;)
I really didnt like Tomas though - there is something about him that doesnt ring true- but I am looking forward to the sequel and also the spinoff sounds more gritty and has def more of a harder edge heroine than Cassie.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:02:13 pm »
Yep.  Im looking forward to it too :)
The other series that K.C. is writing says that there is a half human/vamp in it and if I understood it right Mercea was the father.  So maybe him and Cassy do end up hooking up...

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:42 pm »
no love lost for tomas here either....  what is getting a little annoying as that mark-thingy that is going on... shoot, how is the name... that makes her over-sensitive to mercea.... hmhmhm

GW  WK  WH

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 12:08:09 pm »
the geis?

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 12:09:36 pm »
Its a gea - and I agree that is getting tiresome as well. I think part of the problem with Chance's writing is that she seems to drag on certain plot points yet shes good at writing writing action and fast plotting.
I think in the new book Cassie has to get a book which everyone is else is after which will help her get rid of the gea.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 12:16:41 pm »
geas, right..... haha, had to laugh so hard, has... did you just mention that in the adam/mercy relationship thread

;)

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 12:24:30 pm »
I did LMAO - but unlike Adam and Mercy who seems to be interrupted at every turn. Cassie and Mercea are being bonded against their will ;D

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
    • my livejournal
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 12:28:11 pm »
uh, he looks good, mercea right? hmmm not sure if I would mind having that geas *grins*

what totally threw me off and had me go back to reread was that whole "geas strenghtening with meeting in the past"-thingy..... ::)

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 12:30:36 pm »
Thats the thing about time travel - its confusing and def gives you a headache trying to sort out the when and the hows.

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 12:34:27 pm »
How did she end up putting one on him?  I never got that one...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 12:36:21 pm »
I think when she went to the past- she removed it and it was reset but it wasnt removed. But when she went back and encountered the past Mercea it came back. I think that is what happend- Its confusing :P