Author Topic: Anne Rice  (Read 5721 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Anne Rice
« on: February 25, 2008, 07:25:04 am »
To all you Lestat fans it looks like Anne Rice will write another installment.

"One more book." Those are the words Anne Rice fans have been dying to hear about the Vampire Chronicles ever since her shocking — and dismaying to many of his followers — turn to religious writing. Long seen as a committed atheist, four years ago the best-selling author drove a stake through the hearts of her followers when she vowed to abandon her sinister stories and instead write only of the Lord.

However I have given up reading her books after Memnoch the Devil I just couldn't get into the following books. For more info check out the article below ;)

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1716849,00.html?cnn=yes
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:43:03 am by Elle »
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
Re: More Lestat!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 07:17:21 am »
I tried to stick it out to the end, but after memnoch which i loved, i kinda lost track of what she was writing, i know i need at least 2 more of her books in the series, i have blood canticle but i need the 2 preceeding it, i think one of the is Blackwood farm.  Guess if she is reviving lestat, i better grab them and get caught up. :-\

on a second note, after reading the link, I think i may just leave it alone, sounds like just more lestat looking to redeem himself, and find his religion, if thats possible for a vampire.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 07:20:58 am by beverlyp »

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 07:22:27 am »
She's also done a few stand alones with Armand, Pandora and Marius I think. I dont think I will follow the last few- I gave up after Memnoch which went a bit wierd and also I found that her writing can be too descriptive which can bog down reading the book. But I am glad that shes gone back to conclude Lestat's story, especially after she said she would never go back to writing about the vampires again.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:45:48 am »
I'm looking forward to it. I think she's going to try and make him have some sort of religious awakening but she's no fool when it comes to her bread and butter. Not to mention, how many people genuinely loved Lestat's character. I felt like Blood Canticle was a rush job. I loved Blackwood Farm, though. I'm an unashamed fan.  ;D
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 09:44:53 am »
I wonder if she is going back to writing Lestat because her Christian books arent that successful? Although I doubt it but I find it interesting that shes going back after stating that she will never write about the vampires again. And there will probably be a new flame war with her old fans and new ones- that was pretty scary lol

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 11:34:31 am »
on her web site she said not and that it had nothing to do with money..but I would say that to if i was getting ready to eat crow..lol  course all this spin just lets me know how far out of the lestat loop i have been.  I didn't even know she had turned christian till i was reading it on here, and after reading more about it, i would rather she leave lestat roaming his savage garden and not try to save him..he is a vampire after all. Course if i remember my lestat correctly he was never completely comfortable with being evil anyway, and he was always searching for something, maybe he needs a good dose of the lord to make him happy.

Woodstock Stir Crazy

• Tinker
  • Neko turned Woodstock.
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 12:19:42 pm »
I agree. I didn't know she gave up on Lestat. Her books are extremely descibtive and sometimes it annoys me to no end. I think one part she had Lestat describe moss on a tree. It had nothing to do with book at all, it was just random. Blackwood Farm is before Blood Canticle. Blood Canticle was about Mona being a vampire and she changed at the end of Blackwood Farm:D
^.^ ~Neko~