Author Topic: Dawn Cook  (Read 12658 times)

Temari

Dawn Cook
« on: February 25, 2008, 04:13:46 am »
I really loved her "Truth" series - definitely recommended, especially for those that like tales with dragons.  :)

I also enjoyed the "Princess" series, though it's a bit annoying that the end of the 2nd book seems to suggest she's in the middle of a series, but then no more arrive, and searching the web it seems that she's decided that's all for now. She hasn't published anything else though for a year or so now - writers block?

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Dawn Cook
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:45:05 pm »
I'll second this author. Both series are really good - although I am surprised that the Princess series apparently turned out to be a duology. I thought it could be mined more. I think the books are marketed as YA, but I really didn't see it as that. They're definitely for all audiences.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

TheDoctor

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:43:11 pm »
Both series were very good. The Truth series was my absolute favorite, Forgotten Truth being teh best in my opinion.

I agree though, she could have continued the princess series quite easily. I wish that she would have continued so we could see what would come of the princess and Jeck. Loved the idea of them together.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 06:43:18 pm »
Dawn Cook = Kim Harrison
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Temari

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 12:31:34 am »
How funny! I like the Kim Harrison books too, but hadn't recognised that it was the same person!

TheDoctor

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 11:30:56 am »
Dawn Cook = Kim Harrison

You just blew my mind. Now i for sure have to check out Kim Harrison.  bOuNcY

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 08:51:56 pm »
That's just trippy.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 01:33:52 am »
I didnt know that!!! :D

Ohhh I need to check her out for sure now.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:32:30 am »
 I just finished the princess series ! The books were great !  bOuNcY The only thing I wished was that Duncan was not the bad guy ! I liked him as well as Jek .:) My sister did not like Duncon but I did ! It was an enjoyable series !  :D
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 08:56:54 am »
 Mabey there will be another book to the series ! Hope so ! :P

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 07:46:06 pm »
She has alot of Kim Harrison books to write. You might want to try her YA series (as Kim Harrison)

Her Adult stuff is to adult for you
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 01:38:12 pm »
 Thanks , I will talk to Art . ( She if she will let me tidy her house a bit for her getting us the books !  :D )

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 01:39:24 pm »
clean out her fridge.
life is terminal

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 01:41:42 pm »
 That is usually an option but she just bought a new one !  LOL

She hates doing dishes so we will probably be stuck with that ! :D

RoseOnyxis

• Grease Monkey
  • Why is she spinning her web ♫
    • Rose's deviantArt
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 09:54:10 pm »
I just finished the Princess series - really upset that there won't be a continuation =/ I really wanted to see what would happen with the relationships.

I've read the first 2 Truth books, but I'm kinda wary about getting the next one since Alissa and Strell are already pretty much together, or at least they both know they love each other and the chase of the relationship is my favorite part of reading, so with that, would you still recommend I continue with that series?

Ooo artsy things =D