Author Topic: An answer to Patty and short fiction questions.  (Read 1923 times)

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
An answer to Patty and short fiction questions.
« on: August 28, 2007, 02:45:47 pm »
I know I'm not Patty, but I have some idea what her plans are.  Patty has a hard time with short stories -- her natural tendency is to want to make everything a novel.  This short novella took her almost five months to write, and she was pulling her hair out the whole time.  I think it's safe to say she'll be concentrating on novel-length works.  On the other hand, she just agreed to write at least one short story (maybe half the length of Alpha and Omega) for another anthology.

What makes Alpha and Omega a little weird is that it was intended to be a single, stand alone story.  After it was written, her editor approached her about writing a series of novels based on these characters.  That's awkward -- the reader ends up needing to buy an anthology in order to get the background on the series.  I think she'll avoid writing any more short stories that anchor a series of novels.  So, yes there will be a FEW short stories, but you should be able to skip them without missing anything that relates to the novels.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:35:10 pm by Elle »
Where's my super-suit?