Author Topic: Re-reading Silence Fallen  (Read 2023 times)

YuleRule

• Tinker
Re-reading Silence Fallen
« on: February 25, 2020, 06:43:56 am »
So I had the sudden and inexplicable urge to reread Silence Fallen. (It had nothing to do with a new mercy book coming out next month, honest!  :) )
And I've been on a Doctor Who kick recently, so I can actually appreciate Bran's alias that much more now.

But I was wondering, what's your interpretation of who recognized Bran?  I think Adam knew who he was, but he went along with the facade even in his own thoughts. Libor recognized him. And, of course, Mercy provided the reveal for the readers, she wasn't in any state to dissemble.

Also, anyone notice that this forum is so quiet nowadays?
Please Check These Out!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Re-reading Silence Fallen
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 06:46:03 am »
I had no idea, so I don't know who else would have recognized him.

Yes, very quiet, alas.  Feel free to run around making noise.  :)
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

YuleRule

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 06:55:33 am »
Making noise? My first thought, obviously what you meant, is post more. But my second thought was to post links with sound. To actually be noisy. Maybe explosions. My last thought was to post links to rickroll people.

Edit: Also, getting wildly off topic, do you have any good Urban Fantasy recs?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:02:09 am by YuleRule »
Please Check These Out!

pondhawk

• Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 07:22:24 am »
You can always dig around the Speculative Fiction boards. There's a Book Recommendations thread somewhere. I would start with Ben Aaronovitch, who has a new book out today, but it's eight in the series, and you really, really should start at the beginning with Midnight Riot in this one. I sometimes jump in in the middle, but it's a bad idea with this series.