Author Topic: The Storm Cursed Vicki J Memorial Giveaway  (Read 152 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
The Storm Cursed Vicki J Memorial Giveaway
« on: May 12, 2019, 12:42:26 pm »
Hey, I've got my late sister's books by Patty, and got the paperbacks autographed when she was in Seattle earlier this week.
One of the hardbacks is personalized to my sister.
I've decided to do a giveaway here in honor of Patty's new book, and my sister.

My current plan is to set it up with a simple "comment in the thread to enter" format; depending on how many entries we get, I'll give things away either individually, or combining a paper and a hard cover until out of hardcovers, then make it 3 mass markets per person until I run out of books.

I thought I'd put a notice in the news banner and start the thread with a locked post today, then give from Wednesday the 15th to Friday the 24th at 6 my time zone (pacific) for entries

I will make it a provision that if winners don't PM me their mailing addresses by the 30th, they forfeit their prizes, and I'll split them among the other winners, or if we get more entries than I expect, I can draw again for new winners.

This is going to be open internationally, even though postage may cost me a bundle; we don't have (alas) many international participating Hurogs these days.

This post is going to be locked for you to look at until I get up on the 15th and unlock it. At that time it will be open for you to comment - maybe a question or comment about Storm Cursed? - to enter.
Once I've counted the entries, I'll decide how to allocate the prizes. I'll try to post the winners names by 8 my time zone on the 24th.  Anybody who gets their info to me in time, I'll try to mail out on the 25th.  The rest, I'll send out on June 1st.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: The Storm Cursed Vicki J Memorial Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 05:52:49 am »
All right, I forgot to open this yesterday.  LOL  :-[

Here it is now; a nice, Mercyverse related post, and you're entered to win one (or more, depending on number of entries) books out of the Mercyverse. 
The pocket sized are autographed by Patty, and one of the hardcovers, personalized to Vicki J.

You have until Friday the 24th, my time zone 1800, or six pm.  It's not quite 7am as I post, if that helps you figure out the difference in time zones.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

wolvin.mm

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
    • My blog (in Dutch)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:01:34 am »
A comment about 'Storm Cursed'? I am wondering when the paperback will be out (the one with the Dos Santos cover of course, not the UK one).
But I am sure I need to practice my patience once more  :-\

And thank you again for your generosity, Patti  :-*

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 02:31:01 am »
It's a nice thing you're doing as a double tribute. I don't want to be grasping for a book, but I did want to say that.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 05:36:12 am »
I second Bill's comment, and want to add that I think you should possibly keep the hardback personalized to your sister, if the shelf space is available.

And given shelf space concerns, I'm all about paperbacks. Especially The Hob's Bargain, which tends to get lent out and returned at extended leisure.

victorymon

• Pack Member
  • It wasnt me this time... I swear!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 07:02:31 am »
well, since Patti asked I would love to join the fun.
But I prefer hardcover somehow. I dont know about you but I prefer my books that way.
As for free books... I have nothing against softcover. But I prefer the hard ones.
Hey everyone, watch this, I´m an Artist: http://victorymon.deviantart.com/

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 04:46:29 pm »
This is incredibly sweet. If I had room I'd enter, thank you for doing this.

Victorymon, you can't have any! *fake angry look*
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

katy

• Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 04:54:00 pm »
Patti, this is such a lovely thing to do in memory of your sister! 

I am loving how Patty is able to pick up threads I didn't even realize were loose ends and weave them all together in ways I never expected!  I think I'm starting to see more of the things that might possibly be clues for future stories -- but I bet I haven't spotted all of them!

wolvin.mm

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
    • My blog (in Dutch)
« Reply #8 on: Today at 11:58:12 am »
Patti, this is such a lovely thing to do in memory of your sister! 

I am loving how Patty is able to pick up threads I didn't even realize were loose ends and weave them all together in ways I never expected!  I think I'm starting to see more of the things that might possibly be clues for future stories -- but I bet I haven't spotted all of them!
You are making me very curious :o