Author Topic: Colleen McCullough  (Read 3254 times)

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
Colleen McCullough
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:24:38 am »
Anyone who has read her historical novels set in Republican Rome? I really loved Silla and Caesar in those novels... ;D And Caesar's mother too!!! She was too cool...  ;) I still have to read October Horse though, 'cos it's really huge and I can't bring it around in university, that's where I spend most of my time...  :-\ I have to manage to read it before October then, when I'm still at home preparing exams *mazoku saaaaaad 'cos she wants to read her books but has to study instead*  :'(
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Collaroy

• Tinker
  • Le vent nous portera
    • Collaroy's myspace
Re: Colleen McCullough
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:54:19 pm »
Thorn Birds is one of my all-time favourite books, even though I haven't read it in years. But it's comforting to know that it's there in the book shelf, waiting for me should I ever run out of fresh reading material (along with all those other great books I've wanted to reread for ages).

Apart from Thorn Birds I haven't read anything from her, but that Rome series sounds good and I'll look into it. Is there any particular order in which the books should be read or can I just start with "First Man in Rome"?

Work/school/university sucks! Takes so much time away from the really important things- when there are so many books to read and so little time already. :(
* If there's no dancing at the revolution, I'm not coming. *

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
Re: Colleen McCullough
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:03 pm »
There is an order, 'cos she starts from Silla's and Mario's age and goes through Caesar's republic to the first Imperial age. The exact order should be: First Man in Rome, The Grass Crown, Fortune's Favorites, Caesar's Women, Caesar: let the dice fly, The October horse, Anthony and Cleopatra. First Man in Rome is the one I liked less and you can skip it without a problem  ;) From the Grass Crown there are both Caesar and Silla in the picture and things get much more interesting 8)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.