Author Topic: Just finished Dead Heat; wanted to say thanks  (Read 1116 times)

MelissaDale

• Tool Wrangler
Just finished Dead Heat; wanted to say thanks
« on: March 11, 2016, 02:47:16 pm »
For anyone reading this that hasn't read Dead Heat, may want to carry on because I'm going to talk about the ending....

I wanted to say thank you to Patty for including adoption as a solution rather than some weird magical loophole for Anna and Charles having children.  As an adoptee, I am always perplexed by those who may have difficulty having biological children going through the expense and emotional turmoil of fertility treatments that fail and then refuse to adopt.  Granted, everyone has their reasons, and not saying that they are wrong. 

I hope as the story proceeds, that the child in the story isn't lost to the trope of adoption.  Many times in the adoption conversation, the biological mother and the adopted parents are the only characters. The fact that a child is there that has no choice is often overlooked for the 'great deeds' and 'difficult choices' done by the other parties.  The Lost Daughters blogs are great resources for insights into the conversations adoptees are having.

Anyway...I don't want to get on too much of a soap box.  Thank you for that turn in the story.  I look forward to reading more.  I always enjoy your work.  Thanks for keeping me entertained!