Author Topic: Idea for a Mercy video game?  (Read 1239 times)

Jake

• Grease Monkey
  • Kaiju Rulez
Idea for a Mercy video game?
« on: December 12, 2015, 01:50:22 am »
I was recently playing Tales of Borderlands by Telltale games and enjoyed it. I played other games of theirs in the past like Wolf Among Us and the Walking Dead games. For those who don't know Telltale is a game company that is known for having outstanding writing and simple point & click like gameplay. They are NOT the generic game companies that focus on action. I had an amusing idea, what if Telltale made a game based off a Mercy book like Moon Called? It would be interesting to see how the story would play out. Choosing certain options that could go one way or another. Or maybe hearing alternate responses from Mercy or Adam in the story. Or seeing how the action scenes in the book play out in game format with a wrong choice costing a big deal. I could imagine who could voice the characters as well. Mercy should be voiced by Laura Bailey and Adam should be voiced by Troy Baker.

While I'm not actually serious, I think it would be an awesome idea. Plus I'd thought I would start a topic. What do you guys think?
Forget money, I have a vision!

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: Idea for a Mercy video game?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 04:13:54 pm »
It might make a cool adventure game. :)

firefly

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 04:24:40 pm »
I would absolutely play any sort of Mercyverse video game!  TTG is known for their fantastic storytelling and world building, though, so I think they'd be a great choice!  That said, looking at it realistically, it would probably be more similar to their Game Of Thrones game, in which you don't play as any of the main characters, but do interact with them and play with them, just form a very different perspective. c:

Jake

• Grease Monkey
  • Kaiju Rulez
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:33:48 pm »
Possibly. Though I think GOT is such a huge main stream series, that playing as different characters makes a bit more sense for it. I think a Mercy game could possibly be different since Mercy doesn't really have anything outside of the books besides the awesome comics (Mercy needs more attention dammit). I think a Mercy game would/should be more like Wolf Among Us (ironic? LOL).
Forget money, I have a vision!