Author Topic: [Mercy 9] Fire Touched [The Book Spoiler Thread]  (Read 24755 times)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: [Mercy 9] Fire Touched [The Book Spoiler Thread]
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 12:22:06 pm »
What are the chances that there's a facebook group for the company, where it might have gone up, and Baba Yaga could have seen it there, since she's living in the area, though?  I'd think they're pretty high.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2016, 01:52:18 pm »
Perhaps. That is modern technology for the Fae though.

mellinatre

• Mechanic
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 01:48:14 am »
With all the magic that she have probably pick up things like that is nothing for her...like listen to two people talk right next to you...

Am I the only one that would like to see Izzy's mom again? I find that scene really something else  LOL LOL LOL

and I definetly hope to see more Baba Yaga action soon...I would like to see her as a more prominent character in the future because she is so damn funny and it's already pretty clear that she is on Mercy's side so she can help a lot and maybe become also kinda of a friend in her own ways
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:50:43 am by mellinatre »

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2016, 01:58:53 am »
I've just re-read, and saw at the end that Mercy was happy she hadn't told Elizaveta that there was this woman, Tracy LaBella, calling herself a witch. I found myself chuckling over speculation on what would have happened if she had made that call, and Elizaveta went off to confront her.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2016, 06:11:12 am »
Being Russian Elizaveta might have recognised Tracy LaBella as Babba Yagga. If she didn't, she probably would have quite soon.

JoshsAngel

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »
So, am I the only one who is beyond pissed at Bran throwing the entire Columbia Basin Pack under the bus by cutting them off and declaring them rogues which means they're anyone's game? Any pack that thinks they can take them on is free to do so, which means that their weakest members, such as Mercy, Sherwood (since he does have the amputation) and Zack would be targeted first. What better way to bring down the Alpha than to kill his mate? For someone who has claimed to consider Mercy 'precious' to him, Bran sure has a funny way of showing it.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2016, 07:18:25 pm »
Sorry, JoshsAngel, It's a "one, or many?" issue. Bran has ALL the werewolves on both the North AND South American continents to watch over.  30-40 wolves against thousands?  As any troop commander, that's 'acceptable losses'.
Besides, he's doing what he can covertly to help, or did you miss his expending a very big favor to add Baba Yagga to the mix?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2016, 08:14:06 pm »
I thought it was only the North American werewolves? I believe Mercy only mentioned the US, Mexico and Canada.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2016, 10:36:41 pm »
Go back to "Hunting Ground", someone asks if there are any, or something to that effect.  There's a dismissive "they don't count", and if I recall correctly, a statement that they take their lead from Bran, whether they're part of the uber-pack or not.

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2016, 08:52:13 am »
South America or not, the point stands. Bran is responsible for all the wolves he controls, not just for his favorite packs. He has to look at the big picture, not just the little slice of it we get to see.

Furthermore, Bran is not infallible. He has been known to make mistakes. This particular issue may be in the nature of a gamble for him. He would only do it if he thought it was his best bet. I'm pretty sure we can trust our author, if not Bran, that Mercy and most of her pack will survive and thrive. Can't have plot without conflict.

Melanie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2019, 08:00:15 am »
I would like to know the conversations of Beauclaire with Zee, Tad and Aiden in fae prison.

Poor Tad! OK, also poor Zee, but I doubt that Zee has nightmares, he is used to violence.

How does Tad cope with the aftermath?
Mercy did a therapy with a counselor after IK, but that's not possible for Tad.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2019, 12:40:50 pm »
There might be counselors for the supernatural, especially now that more of them are in the open.

Melanie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2019, 09:24:30 am »
On Facebook, someone suggests the Austrian, now Italian Omega Ric (Heinrich) Postinger.
He studied psychology and is familiar with the supernatural world.
Maybe it was even he who helped Mercy through Skype.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2019, 06:57:01 pm »
Good point! I like that idea.