Author Topic: [Mercy 9] Fire Touched [The Book Spoiler Thread]  (Read 23877 times)

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: [Mercy 9] Fire Touched [The Book Spoiler Thread]
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »
Hmm.... I'd agree, except Patty Briggs usually says she writes by the seat of her pants rather than by planning. :)

Maybe it was an unconscious  foreshadowing? ???

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2016, 06:46:09 am »
Usually doesn't mean always. If she knew early on that she wanted to get rid of the walking stick at some point, and decided it needed to be in this book, she might have done that consciously. I know other authors who are pantsers, and they sometimes have an idea when they start the book what needs to happen, just not how they're going to get there.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2016, 01:56:38 pm »
Quite true. :)

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 02:03:35 am »
Hmm, I just keep remembering that a trip over Reichenbach Falls is not always an ending.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2016, 07:31:25 am »
Heh. Got that right. Although I devoutly trust no one will harass Patty until she brings it back.

YuleRule

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2016, 10:19:37 am »
So I just finished rereading the whole series. I feel I missed some of the implication's of Adam's secondary deal with the fae - that Aiden has safe passage:

“Underhill,” Adam said, “has requested that Aiden visit her now and then. She misses him. For him to do that, you have to guarantee him safe passage from my territory, through yours, and through a door to Underhill.”
I watched the understanding spread across both Gray Lords’ faces, but it was Goreu who said, “A very interesting bargain you propose. We shall have to discuss it.”

What do the various parties gain by that deal?
Please Check These Out!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:52 am »
The fae get more than 5 minutes at a time of sleep, as I recall, and potentially a pipeline to Underhill for better relationship.

Adam/the werewolves also get some kind of link to Underhill, as well as doing what's right for Aiden.  Further, the more they interact in a peaceful manner, the more likely it is that it will continue and slop over onto the relationship between baseline humanity and the fae, and the weres.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2016, 03:47:51 pm »
Both sides also got to end what had been a sort of stand off.

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 05:01:26 am »
Agreed on all counts.

YuleRule

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2016, 06:02:19 pm »
So... anybody found it odd that we saw Ben swearing on screen? All previous books either had self-censoring (Adam) or Mercy commenting that Ben's sentences were "edited."
Please Check These Out!

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2016, 04:16:37 am »
His short story has him swearing in full mode at the end. :)

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2016, 10:22:31 am »
I enjoyed Fire Touched, I'm really glad Adam finally stood up to his pack where Mercy was concerned and she didn't give him too much grief over something that really needed to be done for awhile now. Could of gone without Christy's short appearance kinda wish she was put in her place more instead of just going to the Bahamas for safety, still feels like the other shoe hasn't dropped where she is concerned otherwise why just the vacation and her not moving and leaving the entirely? Like there is some more trouble and grief to be had from her character, and that she didn't the message from the last book with Mercy and Adam's solid relationship if she thought she could just move back in and take over the house again. Christy seems to know a decent amount about wolves, Mercy, fae, vamps that seems dangerous to speak freely and openly with someone like her, it could very well come back to bite them all.

I like that Thomas was in the book and that we got to see more of a role from Zee and Tad. I really wonder how Zee knows the new wolf. As for what happened to the walking stick, well I hope it comes back one way or another. I don't think it got enough credit towards the end with all the times it saved Mercy's life and helped her, it was sort of like what is she going to do now? Now that she can't depend on it to show up an save the day in a way.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2016, 05:00:09 am »
Did anybody else find it odd that Babba Yagga knew to use the word "nudge" at the end of the book?

We know she can go unnoticed as she did in Fire Touched. But Mercy seems to see through that.

I was wondering if she has some sort of magical bugs planted on her pyramid scheme salespersons.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2016, 06:01:07 am »
What, you don't think Izzy's mom didn't tell people?  A LOT of people?
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2016, 11:10:16 am »
Perhaps, but not in the short time frame of the story.