Author Topic: Anna's whereabouts during Blood Bound **spoilers**  (Read 3113 times)

Asgen

• Tool Wrangler
Anna's whereabouts during Blood Bound **spoilers**
« on: September 28, 2015, 09:07:29 am »
I've recently started reading the Mercyverse again, in chronological order per the timeline. When I reached the section in BB when Bran walks into the church immediately following Littleton's death with Charles, I couldn't help but wonder:  Where's Anna?

I know that BB was written before the Alpha & Omega series which explains why she wouldn't be mentioned; however, it's still bugging me that Charles left Montana with Bran to potentially mess with something that erodes control of the wolf and Bran didn't think to bring Anna, and Charles let him. I can't see Anna allowing Charles, Bran, Samuel and Mercy dangle on the hook in danger when she might be able to assist. If there was any situation tailor made for blanket application of Omega power, that gymnasium was it. BB does mention Bran's presence allowing Sam and Adam to regain control. It makes me wonder if Anna was secretly hiding on the other side of the doors.

Any insight into where she was or how she fit into that situation would be appreciated.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Anna's whereabouts during Blood Bound **spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:38:12 pm »
Maybe she was visiting her family.

chloe

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 01:09:12 pm »
Thats a good question Asgen.  Did you read the short story "Alpha and Omega"?  Maybe BB happens at the same time as that story?  I feel like there was some mention in the story of Bran paying attention to Mercy's issue (partly because he was worried about Samuel).  Or maybe they had just dealt with it.  Bran and Charles don't show up in BB until the very end.  Also, I think Cry Wolf starts just when Anna and Charles get to Montana from Chicago (the first time Anna goes there).  Now that I think about it, there is a foreward just before the short story that gives the timing in the Shifting Shadows book of the short stories.  I will look it up when I get home, now I'm curious too! :)

Asgen

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:18:07 pm »
Moon Called and Alpha and Omega happen year one on Thanksgiving. Cry Wolf is immediately after that, followed a few weeks later with Hunting Ground. I think they mention Christmas. Blood Bound is in the summer of the following year, probably June through July. I'm currently in Iron Kissed which takes place about a month or so after BB.

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 12:14:16 am »
Maybe Anna just wasn't mentioned

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 02:03:25 pm »
Maybe Charles was feeling stupidly over protective.

chloe

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:42 am »
Since this happens early in the Mercyverse, I suspect it is one of the continuity issues that was noticed by readers at the beginning.  Patty has since aquired some very adept fans devoted to keeping continuity in the Mercy and A&O books.  But in keeping with the theme of replies here, I agree that probably Charles and Bran were just being overly protective of Anna and left her at home.  Which makes no sense considering how she handled herself in Cry Wolf.  If she could handle that crazy witch, I bet she could hold her own with Littleton.