Author Topic: Dragon Bones Discussion  (Read 35092 times)

AdrienneEtienneHouseman

• Grease Monkey
    • Deviant Art Site where I post some of my writings
Re: Dragon Bones Discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 04:26:16 pm »
I know, but she will be publishing stuff between now and then, and my mind might change when I stop being a broke college student, and have more time to read.  Most of the reading that I have been doing is new books by my favorite authors as they come out and books that my best friend/roommate hands to me.  Since college started, (not including the break where I was at home and things that I have read for class), I have read 5 books: Iron Kissed, the Vaneyal books by Mercedes Lackey, and re-read The God Eaters by Jesse Hajiceck.  I've felt somewhat book deprived, but I haven't had the time for much more.

AEH
"The ultimate aim of the martial arts lies not in victory or defeat. Instead it lies in the perfection of those who participate." -- Gichin Funakoshi

I'm looking for literary or sf/fantasy magazines to submit to, if you have any good suggestions, drop me a line!

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 04:15:22 am »
I started this one today  :)
First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 07:55:09 am »
Ward is the best, you'll enjoy!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 01:13:03 pm »
I did...and the sequel too :p
First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!

turtlezipp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 03:27:09 pm »
OMG. 

i admit i really really enjoyed reading the Mercy books, which is the reason that i even started reading dragon bones.  but i really didnt expect to like that book anywhere near as much as i did.  too often the books beyond the first one you read by an author never fully live up to the first one read.  however much praise this book deserves, i fear i cannot give it.  i'm making this post short because, although, i felt i had to show my appriciation for such a fine work of literature, i must now go so that i may begin dragon blood.  :P  suffice it to say that the book was well appriciated and well loved.  (also a must read for ppl who appriciate this genre of books)

Heres to looking forward to the second book of the series.
~zipp

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 08:10:39 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it/them. This series is my favorite out of her works mainly because of the characterization.  I find the elements that tie together to shape Ward to be fascinating!

lazybeth

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2009, 07:16:23 am »
I just wanted to say that this set of books (Dragon Bones/Dragon Blood) is my favorite of all   :D :-LOVE... I really hope some day Patricia continues the storyline.  I love so many of the characters and want to know what happens to them! For now they just get to live on in my imaginiation.  8)
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
- Jane Austen

red42

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2009, 10:28:32 pm »
Dragon Bones was the very first book I read by Patricia.  I think I read it at least monthly.  If I've had a hard day (and as a PhD research student there are a lot of those) its the book I pick up to relax me.  I just love it!
And would really love there to be more books in the series....
Although the Mercy and Alpha and Omega books are very close second....
And all the rest actually - can never get enough!

Tish

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2010, 10:51:42 pm »
I bought Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood about a year ago for a road trip and they've been in my TBR pile since.  I bought them because Patty wrote them and I love her Mercy Thompson series.  I've never read straight fantasy, just urban fantasy.  I finally read these books last week and had one question for myself.  Why in the hell did it take you so long to read these awesomely fantastic books you idiot?  Needless to say I totally loved them and definetly want more.  Ward is just wonderful, Oreg is my favorite, and I don't have the words to describe the greatness that is Tisala.  I'm pushing them on my fellow readers.  Because of these two I checked out and read up on Raven's Shadow/Strike and am buying them the next chance I get.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2010, 08:44:45 pm »
I'm glad you finally picked them up! Any favorite Dragon Bones moments? I think I really enjoyed the reveals to Ward's family when they realized all that time he had been "hiding" such a great story. Ward is my favorite for sure then Oreg. I think they're up for re-read. :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 09:03:17 pm »
I think I really enjoyed the reveals to Ward's family when they realized all that time he had been "hiding" such a great story.
What great story?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 09:22:31 pm »
Maybe a missed comma.  :)

I think I really enjoyed the reveals to Ward's family when they realized all that time he had been "hiding", such a great story.

I meant Dragon Bones was a great story. Great book would probably have been better. My bad.  LOL
Hurog Means Dragon.

Allannah

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2010, 01:04:47 pm »
Yes, definitely "Great Book!"(s!).  I agree with Elle - time for a re-read!  I've very much enjoyed Mercy's world, and am really looking forward to Silver Borne, but I can't wait until she gets back to Ward and the Hurog world. 

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2010, 01:12:13 pm »
Don't forget that you can also contribute tidbits from the Hurog world here in the Hurog Worksheet!