Author Topic: Wen Spencer - Tinker & Wolf Who Rules  (Read 66228 times)

Thea

Re: Wen Spencer - Tinker & Wolf Who Rules
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 10:10:10 pm »
I am part way through and I promise to post my take on this one.
So far it is very hard sci-fi-ish, but it is getting characters now that are interesting...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 04:00:53 pm »
Haven't read it, but got a snippet over at the other forum.  As usual, she makes you turn your thinking on it's head.
Oh, and I just read a thread over there where they list where you can read a couple of short stories set in that world!
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 08:55:05 am »
I got Wolf who Rules several months ago but I never got round to reading it yet- I dont think I can get Endless Blue its in hardback - I think I will wait till I can get it in paperback.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Rob

• lovebird
  • Mechanic
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2007, 05:52:46 pm »
I've just finished reading Tinker and Wolf Who Rules....I loved them....does anyone know if she's got any plans to write anymore books about Tinker?  I looked on her website, but I didn't see anything about what she's working on or other future projects.  I hope she is.
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2007, 08:05:14 pm »
The information on it varies.  What I've heard is that there are a couple of short stories, (see above) but for a couple of reasons she's not planning on going back any time soon.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 04:50:46 pm »
I've finally read A Brother's Price. As much as I love Spencer, I'm feeling ambivalent towards this book. I may have to keep it around and read it again .... I liked how she upended the gender roles, yet I didn't like that they were so oppressive to begin with. Plus, I thought the romance was too quick. They fell in love waaay too quickly.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2008, 03:55:45 pm »
Wen has definitely done better than The Brother's Price  But that still leaves room for a darn good book.  It is definitely weak in the relationship building between the rommance subjects and there are aspects of the that I plain don't like.  But it is good speculative fiction.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2008, 05:32:01 pm »
Wen has definitely done better than The Brother's Price  But that still leaves room for a darn good book.  It is definitely weak in the relationship building between the rommance subjects and there are aspects of the that I plain don't like.  But it is good speculative fiction.

Exactly - you said it much better! Thanks :)
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Perkinator

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 11:56:01 am »
My 2 cents.

Ok..I love Ukiah Oregon, Tinker and Wolf Who Rules! Who wouldn't want their own Windwolf? And Tinker is just amazing. It might have just been me, but I didn't care for Endless Blue.  I just couldn't get motivated about the characters, so it might have just been me.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 01:49:35 pm »
Nah, it's whatever floats your boat. Some books by an author grab you, while others by the same person leave you flat.  Asimov mysteries? yes!  Foundation series?  no.  Like that.

FireCatZ

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 10:21:49 pm »
I keep checking her web site but have not seen anything.

http://www.wenspencer.com/index.html

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2008, 06:47:47 pm »
I liked Endless Blue myself.  The Misha is going to develop into a cool character, as is Eraphie, I think.  I love the gods and their take on mysticism and faith.  With fiction, we use lies to tell  Truths.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2008, 06:59:01 pm »
   With fiction, we use lies to tell  Truths.
You should use that as a sig line, Jackie!

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2008, 07:01:06 pm »
I do say that a lot don't I? ::)

rox_squirrel

• Mechanic
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2008, 05:08:56 pm »
i absolutely loved tinker and wolf who rules and wish there were more of the books in the works.  i also really liked the ukiah oregon series and wish there were more of those too.   ;D  i want ukiah's brother to meet his moms and his son as well as his partner.  i think it would be very interesting and entertaining to read