Author Topic: Wen Spencer - Tinker & Wolf Who Rules  (Read 60091 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Wen Spencer - Tinker & Wolf Who Rules
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 06:33:10 pm »
Thanks Cerulean,

That gives me some hope. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:33 am »
Hey, Evaki, did you see where someone saw a news article about a fire near Pendleton Oregon & thought (Well, alright, it was near Ukiah) 'why doesn't he move?'  I giggled a bit. 
The person continued, something like 'can you think too much about the books?'
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

evaki

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 06:28:44 am »
Hey, Evaki, did you see where someone saw a news article about a fire near Pendleton Oregon & thought (Well, alright, it was near Ukiah) 'why doesn't he move?'  I giggled a bit. 
The person continued, something like 'can you think too much about the books?'

The day I went over and registered they seemed to be having some technical difficulties as every forum I went to I got an error message.  But I haven't been back since.  I have to go check it out now.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 09:50:14 am »
Please do.  I think they were getting that because of something like a full buffer?  Anyway, they've trimmed off a bunch of the older stuff & it's responding better now.  Sometimes giving it a moment, standing to stretch or something, & then hitting the 'refresh' button will do the job.
There's lots of good stuff over there.  I even put in my mom's almost foolproof fudge recepie.

evaki

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 12:06:46 pm »
I did go back, I even posted and got a response from Wen herself.  check out the forum that says something to the effect "Endless Blue pending, what's next."

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 08:39:42 am »
Good good. ;D  It's always nice when the authors give individual attention.  Sort of a mixed blessing, because it takes time away from writing the good stuff we want to pay them for. :D :D
Did you look at any of the other things?  I like the story fragments made up for what's happening at the virtual Diner & Tavern.
And please tell me you read the Liadan Universe (TM) (or is it (R)?) by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller?  They post at Binjali's sub forum over there too.  No-one here seems to have anything to say about their work.
"Plan B is in effect.  Speak to me of danger, do!"

evaki

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 04:03:23 pm »
Have you checked out Wen Spencer's blog about deciding her next project.  So many people voted for a Tinker book, she had to ask them to stop.  No I have not read any of the Liadan Universe.  (I am currently way to engrossed in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series and loving it.)  What is the general premise of the Liadan Universe?  It maybe up my alley.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 09:12:52 pm »
Hmm, you put me on my mettle here.  How to give you some idea without committing spoiler?
Well, first, let me say that the 3 earliest written books take place in what's called the 1300's Standard.  The thing is, they've written some back history since then, & may well continue to jump around the timeline.

I'll put it like this.  In the duology Chrystal Soldier & Chrystal Dragon, we learn of a great menace that has repercussions that aren't understood at probably more than 1500 years later.  (I suspect that there are at least a couple of hundred years unaccounted for before the 'Standard' chronology was begun.)

If you start with 'Agent of Change', the first written, you find there seem to be three types of humanity.  Terrans (or terran decended) who run to 5'5" up to 6'4" more or less, then the Liadans, who are more 4'7"ish to 5' even, for a tall specimin.  They have 'golden' skin, & the men don't grow facial hair.  Then there are the Yxtrang, who seem to have moved toward brutishness, & hunt the rest of us.
Oh, and there are Clutch Turtles.  We meet a hasty young fellow called Edger, who is a mere 800 years of age.  It's space opera, at least to start.  It gets deeper & more complicated as the series progresses.

The most unlikely people tend to meet & fall in love in this universe, they really do.  And if you've read any Georgette Heyer, many of the situations & patterns of speech will seem familiar.  There's some excellent humor, too.

And there I'll stop, before (hopefully before, anyway) I say too much.   Thank you for asking, I really think these authors are as good & underappreciated as Mrs. Briggs.  I'd actually think it would be hilarious if they wrote something together.  I mean the readers would be rolling on the floor laughing with joy.

Thea

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 07:14:29 pm »
I love Lee & Miller and I am reading the online novel.

I must admit, I really wanted Wen to write another Tinker book!!!!! I want more Pony  ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 09:25:40 pm »
And Oilcan!  I want him to get a serious romantic entanglement.  Not to mention the bike races.

ForGetMeNot

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 05:23:34 pm »
Thank you everyone I just added 'Wolf Who Rules' to my wishlist for October.   ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2007, 09:06:37 pm »
It's out in mass market paper now, I saw it today.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 06:11:31 am »
Yup,  just bought it and read it in the last few days.  I didn't like it as well as Tinker, but it was quite good.

mtomni

• Mechanic
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 04:11:35 pm »
I really enjoyed the Ukiah books. Has anyone heard whether or not Wen is writing more? It just seems like she's stopped with that series.  :-\

I recall reading that she's not ruling it out, but that she wanted to write in some other worlds, first. So it's a possibility, but no plans as yet.

I understand that the demand for the Ukiah books weren't high enough for her to keep writing them.  Personally, I'm sorry she stopped.  Loved them.  And I think there are a total of 4 on the Ukiah books.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2007, 10:37:17 am »
Has anyone read Endless Blue, yet? I've seen it in the stores, but I haven't bought it. It's hardcover and in a new universe, so I'm not sure I want to commit, yet.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)