Author Topic: A question about the fae  (Read 2140 times)

Saokara

• Tool Wrangler
  • I believe ~
A question about the fae
« on: March 06, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »
So sorry, if I'm posting this in the wrong spot but every other board I checked was a read-only archive ^^;

So I notice little things, and the less I know about a thing, the more I WANT to know, and then I start obsessing over it D: Bad habit, I know... .so my question(s) is(are) thus:

Who was your inspiration for Ymir??? I'd love to know more about the minor fae we read about in and around Uncle Mike's tavern :D And one more... it's mentioned in Silver Borne that Zee had on the same clothes under his glamour as he did WITH it... so my question is, do the fae glamour their clothing, too? Like, just "glamour" and suddenly, new outfit every day, no laundry required? Or do they have to buy and wear clothes over the glamour like it was their own body?? Do they need to use the bathroom like us mere mortals??? LOL Sorry for all the questions! I'm weird that way :p

I just got done with Dead Heat. I really hope the triad of species can come up with another treaty before the fae are all wiped out :C t'would be sad to see that much more magic die in the world :C As always your work is awesome!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:04:21 am by Saokara »
I don't have to outrun the monsters. I just have to outrun the neighbors. :p

dreamlogic

• Tool Wrangler
Re: A question about the fae
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 12:00:23 am »
I, too, am a newbie here and very curious about what the fae are up to. It was made clear in Dead Heat that the Grey Lord who let the Doll Collector go was a Fairy Queen, another very nasty piece of work. What about Beauclaire, and the other relatively sane Grey Lords? What are the fae getting at?

Saokara

• Tool Wrangler
  • I believe ~
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 04:10:33 am »
I thought Dead Heat made it pretty clear that the fae who let out the Doll Collector was Edithe, the Grey Lord who most often pretends to be a child. It would be something nasty for a Lord to do, to torment a guy who liked to prey on children....mock him so to speak. But i too would like to see a book that was more fae-centric!!
I don't have to outrun the monsters. I just have to outrun the neighbors. :p

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 07:44:53 am »
I didn't see that it was particularly either "type" of fae suggested here. 
But, remember the number of  victims Charles & Anna found; this is NOT something that happened in the timeline we've seen since "Moon Called", this goes back decades before that.

Also, bear in mind that the Fae don't work together well.  This is probably a faction of temporary allies in the fae ranks, disagreeing with the long term goal that the Grey Lords have imposed on them.
"Plan 'A' is to ask the ogre to change into a mouse. I eat the evidence, no muss, no fuss, no body" said Puss-in-Boots as he screwed the silencer onto his HK Mk 23, "Plan 'B' gets messy."
~Law Dog

dreamlogic

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:35:45 am »
"She was the spiritual archetype of the evil queen in the fairy tales, partially because she'd participated in quite a few of the actual events..." Fair Game, p. 2. In this universe that says "fairy queen" to me. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think she's Edith. The other fae seemed to fear Edith more than they would a fairy queen, or anything else that we've been told of. But they always know what each are up to, at least in part. I bet the next book will have a lot about this.