Author Topic: I've always wanted to say this...  (Read 1844 times)

Jeska

• Tool Wrangler
I've always wanted to say this...
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:00:07 am »
Dear Patty (and Mike too),

I've been a fan for a long timeā€¦ In fact, I'd say at least half of my life. (Sorry. That makes me seem young, or you guys seem old, and I don't think either is the case.) You were my substitute English teacher at Prosser High once. And actually, you were the one that gave me that first book. It was a Bookworm copy of Steal the Dragon, which has remained a favorite of mine all this time. I don't remember a thing you covered in class, but I was several chapters in before the bell rang.

Thanks for hooking me, then and now.

And Mike, I don't know if I actually had you in one of my classes, but I do remember a pretty awesome conversation about driving a car into (and along the bottom of) the Columbia River. I enjoy reading your hilarious blog posts.

There was a post you did about art a while back that touched me. You said "I think that art means more to those who don't have a particular talent for it." I wholeheartedly agree. While I don't have a knack for writing stories, I think I'm a darn good reader.

I have a lot of respect for those with the skill to create a fantastic story in a town I know, or bring humor into a sprinkler adventure gone wrong. So, thank you for doing what you do best. You guys keep writing, and I'll keep reading it.

All the best,
Jeska

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
Re: I've always wanted to say this...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 11:59:58 am »
 :-LOVE
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it