Author Topic: Mercy and Vampire Protection/Vampire Racket  (Read 11652 times)

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
Re: Mercy and Vampire Protection/Vampire Racket
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:57 am »
hmm, interesting i still think they can smell, but maybe not

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 03:17:31 pm »
OK, here's a thought.  Mercy notes that vamps don't have to breathe, that she thinks Stephan only does it out of habit or to make her comfortable.  So, even if they have a superior sense of smell, would they necessarily use it?

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 03:19:15 pm »
i think that would be one of the only reasons they breathe, it crossed my mind that that could be a reason why they breathe also. 

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

talkingmuffin

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:48 pm »
I know that this is a little late to the topic (thread?) and there is a possiblity that no one will read it, but it could be that since Marsilia was "asleep" until Samuel and Mercy visited the seethe in Moon Called and Stefan and Andre were pretty much running thing for her that no one in the seethe had a clue that there was even a change in the garage situation.  Maybe Stefan kept it all to himself, as there was really no one higher up to report to.  When other cars in the seethe needed to be repaired, Stefan might have just told the other "need to know" vampires that he "knew a guy."  Once Marsilia "woke up" since there were more pressing matters to attend to (the rebellion) it just hadn't come up yet.

On the better hearing/better sence of smell note, they probably do have a better sence of both than a human, but I think it is more a better sence of blood.  When Stefan found Cory Littleton he said that he went to the room where the only human was, the maid's blood calling to him.  When Wulfe rocked to Mercy's heart beat, once again her blood was calling to him.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 11:14:35 pm »
Welcome, Talkingmuffin! 
Are you saying, more or less, that Stefan probably brought the cars to Mercy himself when he could, so the others wouldn't be aware of her?  And that while they are aware of moving blood, blood still in a living body, the trace scents that Mercy would leave on the cars wouldn't register, because they weren't 'live'?
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

talkingmuffin

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 12:31:01 am »
Thank you for the welcome Patti.  ;D  I hadn't gotten that far into my theory, but yes that sounds about right to my interpretion of Mercy's world.  I am assuming that by traces Mercy left on cars you mean blood, not scent and such?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50:31 am »
I suppose she might have left some blood scent, barked knuckles, being female, small cuts, etc., but I was really thinking more the things that werewolves or normal animals smell; sweat, skin cells, natural oils, soaps, etc.

Be sure you drop  by my place, we can talk about well nigh anything there, & there are chairs you can get comfy in.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

talkingmuffin

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 08:40:27 pm »
That does make sence, and I really don't know how to explain how that works in my theory, except that maybe Stefan gets the vehicles cleaned:  by a witch or professional detailer, whichever is cheaper  :) Now I have more thinking to do...

luvstraberries

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 06:57:22 pm »
I am re-reading Moon Called and at the part where Mercy is explaining to Samuel why she "pays" protection money to the vampires by working on their vehicles...

"They agreed I could repair their cars instead-and they pay me for parts.  That way they save face, and I only have to repair Stefan's bus and an occasional Mercedes or BMW. Stefan's not bad for a vampire....It's okay, Adam told Samuel.  We keep an eye on her.  And she's right, Stefan's not bad for vampire.  Word is that he runs a little interference so she's not bothered."

In Bone Crossed we find out from the excerpt in Cry Wolf that Marsilla knows Mercy killed Andre, will she still be "protected" by Stefan or since she has chosen Adam as her mate will she fall under their protection (or now supernatural that is not too powerless) and no longer need Stefan's help?

"every business the vampires considered under their jurisdiction (meaning anyone touched by the supernatural who was too powerless to stand against them) paid protection mone.  And yes, yes just like the mob, the vapires only protect you form themselves."

Tambayo

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 01:01:59 pm »
From the excerpt in cry wolf, Stefan now needs Mercy's help/protection from the seethe. Assuming that Marsillia was the one that nearly killed him.

Regarding the protection money : she is now part of the pack and whatever agreement they have with the vampires should apply to her too.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 01:26:47 pm »
Yeah I agree- I dont think Adam or even Sam will let that agreement carry on especially now shes accepted Adam. But I do think its ironic that Stefan is probably getting asylum from the Wolves. I just wonder how Stefan and Mercy will be able to get out of this dilemma.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

CarolKat

• modGroup
  • Pack Member
  • purrrrr
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 05:33:01 pm »
I think that now that Stefan has fed from Adam and he is Mercy's mate there will be an interesting effect.  Stefan has whispered words of love to Mercy while offering her protection.  Stefan doesn't know Mercy has accepted Adam alhough he knows of the interest of both Adam and Samuel. In BB he shared his blood with her and in MC Marsilia fed off Sam the outcome of his losing control and changing in Mercy's car. While Marsilia may be out of control she cannot afford all out war with the wolves. I thnk Stefan loves her but now he is sure he cannot protect her. Will feeding on Adam give him the ability to protect her just as Adam does but with the power of the wolf? just food for thought.

When I'm good I am real good  >D , When I'm bad I'm even better :-whistle

ALeighc

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:01 pm »
NOOO!!  I so cannot wait for it to come out. Don't make my mind reach in hunger until February.  .sigh. I love the thought though. :P

raion

• Grease Monkey
  • Everybody laughs in the same language ; )
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 09:42:51 am »
Now that Mercy accepted Adam she is part of the pack meaning that she is now under pack jurisdiction. So she no longer has to pay the vamps.

May be that I misunderstood that but I thought that Mercy was under Stefans protection because he chose to give it to her when Marsillia practically ordered her and Sam to come to the seethe and Mercy had asked him to find something out for her making her his "ward"? That had nothing to do with the protection money she pays.

Yeah if he allows it Stefan will get some protection from the wolves. Mercy won´t allow him to endanger himself further because of her and she naturally has the pack´s protection *gg*

I don´t think that drinking from a werewolf once gives a vampire power over the wolf especially not over a wolf as powerful and dominant as Adam!