Author Topic: Legislation of the werewolves  (Read 19239 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Legislation of the werewolves
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:54:25 am »
While I was skimming over Iron Kissed over the weekend - I was wondering about the aftermath of the video of the rape and how it would affect the legislation of the werewolves. Although it looked like that Adam and Charles cleared things up - I bet the anti-supernatural groups will see this as a way to rile up the werewolves. They must know that riling up a werewolf will show that they can be dangerous and will use that for their own hate agenda- unlike the Fae who are more mysterious and dont have the loss of control a werewolf has.
Its going to be much tougher now especially now that the some of the anti supernatural groups know that this is one of their weaknesses and how dangerous they can be from the damage that Adam did to Tim's corpse- ( I presume that that the policeman who sent that edited tape is a member)

I also dont trust that lawyer that Mercy consulted with in Iron Kissed and she knows Mercy is a coyote- I know she is bound by confidentiality, but hate is a powerful thing especially in context with prejudice and from the sounds of it her own group sounds more insidious than Tim's.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Lightning

• Grease Monkey
Re: Legislation of the werewolves
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:01:04 am »
good question i think patty is going to work that into the next novel
long live Briggs<br />Alpha and Omaga Rocks  <br />Pity those foolish enough to get between me and the books

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:11:40 pm »
That does raise problems, but on the other hand, I can kinda see the werewolves going along with a registration of members or somewhat along those lines.  After all, it's more rules to follow. ;)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:21:04 am »
Yes, but it's following rules that are laid down by people who aren't wolves.  I don't think they'd like following rules made by those who are less dominant than even the most submissive werewolf (to a werewolf's way of thinking). 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 09:48:28 am »
They are already living under rules laid down by non-werewolves, and were before they changed into were.
But additional rules laid down by non-changers for them with no knowledge of how damaging those rules might be, that would definitely get up their noses.  Dominance might be irrelivant.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:20:21 am »
Yep I agree and what if there was pressure for them to be segregated into enclaves or a reservation like the Fae- but unlike the Fae who are using the reservations as anchors-  I cant see the werewolves living like that. Things are going to get more messy and tense I think.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:09:34 pm »
Yes, but it's following rules that are laid down by people who aren't wolves.  I don't think they'd like following rules made by those who are less dominant than even the most submissive werewolf (to a werewolf's way of thinking). 

Unless of course the Marrock gives the new laws his o.k., then they'd be obligated to follow them.
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 06:24:14 pm »
True enough, Grey, but I just can't see Bran agreeing to that.  In my mind (which is a strange place, so take it for what it is  ;) ), forcing the wolves to register would be a bit like what the Grey Lords did, and everyone seems to feel that Bran wouldn't just throw his people to the - uh, wolves - like that.  Just my thought. 
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Lightning

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »
ya but they said that in MC
long live Briggs<br />Alpha and Omaga Rocks  <br />Pity those foolish enough to get between me and the books

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 08:59:07 am »
Another factor is this - although they accept the Marrok's rules, werewolves are control freaks and I really dont see them buckling under bureaucratic red tape and especially human created laws. I agree Bran wont go along with that at all and he was adamant that the Bill could not pass in Iron Kissed. But I wonder if there is some kind of compromise has to be made. I also had another thought I wonder if we are going to see this in the Anna and Charles books since they are going to focus more on the werewolves. And did Charles take Anna along with him to calm Adam down in hearing because it must have been very difficult and stressful to see that again especially with the humans who will try to hijack this for political points.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:47 am »
Bran's money will have bought numerous Politicians to prevent segration to happen.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 11:21:39 am »
I think there is only so much money and power that Bran can give- there are other humans who have the same resources who can try to lobby against him. I also think the fundamentalist religious groups will also try to exert pressure- remember the witch burning mention in Iron Kissed. I think from the sounds of it that things will get even more worse and the Fae will be caught up with it as well which wont make them happy with the werewolves.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 04:48:12 pm »
i was worried about that tape, but if adam was back at the end of IK he must have really made the politicians feel bad and sympathize with mercy's situation. so i don't know what exactly will happen with it but i bet it will be in future books

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 05:11:46 pm »
I think that tape is going to have consequences- its proof for the bigots and people who want to hijack this for political gains. And although Adam and Charles has smoothed things over I really think it has weakened the werewolves position against some concessions which they may have to accept and not like :-\

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »
yeah, i know it will have something to do in the future.  i just don't know how for sure people are going to twist this exactly.  they will most likey use it against the fae too

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.