Author Topic: Speculation about Tad ***Frost Burned Spoilers*** no bars!  (Read 4967 times)

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
Speculation about Tad ***Frost Burned Spoilers*** no bars!
« on: March 10, 2013, 05:46:20 am »
I am currently re-listening to Frost Burned, and while thinking about Tad, (just now on the part where he and Asil and Mercy are at Sylvia's to get the kids to take back to Kyle's...) Thinking about his situation and such.... how would it be if he went to Aspen Creek, set up a blacksmith's shop, could do some down home, old fashioned metal smithing, forging metal etc.  Developed his craft, perhaps to do some personal growth and research about exactly what his craft IS.

How cool would it be if some certain few interesting fae sort of started to find their way to Bran?  Noone the Gray Lords would be all that concerned about, they dismiss the half fae/part fae as unimportant, but what if they started to find their own version of power with the protection of Bran and his pack, either right in town, or nearby in some little deserted town in a hidden valley nearby?   Probably mostly the minor part-fae, and maybe a couple full fae who are "too weak" to be of interest... perhaps some full fae who are powerful enough to stay hidden from the Gray Lords... maybe they LIKE being around humans!  or at least SOME humans, and Weres?   

This is VERY intriguing to me!
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
Re: Speculation about Tad ***Frost Burned Spoilers*** no bars!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:30:48 am »
As I said over in the other thread, I really loved that Tad's working with her in the garage, giving her both companionship and the help she needs... I just think a part fae enclave is incredibly interesting.  Maybe that is a little too ambitious though... maybe Tad could set up a forge back behind Mercy's garage, I just have this idea that he needs to get some real ironwork done, perhaps some beautiful curly decorative work that can give him some surcease, creative outlet that could perhaps help him work out 'stuff'.  Don't ask me why I think he needs that, I just do! 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:33:55 am »
It's pretty obvious why he needs that, to me.  The whole "came home from college & didn't tell Mercy, was a real grump when she phoned him" thing shows that.  Particularly in conjunction with his dad's history & the weapons he forged when he was in a similar mood.
Besides, he needs to get control of his big guns, so they're not loose cannons.
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 08:48:34 am »
Also thinking back on the book where Zee says that many of the Fae are tired of just existing, this would let him shine.  Artistic effort instead of destructive effort... AND he could possibly sort out his 'big guns' around this work!

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 08:49:25 am »
Just sayin'  8)

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 08:53:39 am »
:)  That sounds like a good idea to me.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

pjfrisch

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 08:59:04 am »
We never did hear what Tad was studying in the "Ivy League" college.  Although he might want to do some metalwork as a hobby, it might not be his "thing".  We don't know what Tad was studying in college, but now he is black-listed by both the Fae AND the US employers and school-mates.  No wonder Tad is in a big funk!  Doing car repair when you had planned to do some other career is very disappointing, and would leave anyone in a depression.  Although I suppose that Mercy had to learn that lesson herself, when she couldn't get a teaching job, and ended up repairing cars.  I am glad that we finally got to meet Tad, because we have heard about him for a long time, and until FB we didn't know that he had Fae powers.  I am looking forward to seeing more of him, and him finding his way in the world.  I don't think it would be fair to him to end up forever as Mercy's assistant, even though I am sure that she would love to have him.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 09:08:15 am »
I could see Tad as a sort of free-lance troubleshooter/diplomat between mundanes and various sorts of supernaturals, with enough power to take care of himself for the most part, and a network of friends to call on for help, maybe.  Kind of like Keith Laumer's Retief, without the CDT to hold him back.  >D
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.