Author Topic: Blood Bound Book Club chat transcript (January 26th)  (Read 2733 times)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Blood Bound Book Club chat transcript (January 26th)
« on: January 27, 2013, 06:16:09 pm »
Bill/Reidiwr joined the chat 20:06
Bill/Reidiwr: Me too. 20:06
CarolKat: Hi BCW! Hi Bill 20:06
Mid_mod: Let's get the 'rules' out of the way with. Again, I hate the word rules! One: please no swearing; Two: don't reveal personal information; and third: please have fun  20:07
Becki joined the chat 20:07
Leslie joined the chat 20:08
Jasper joined the chat 20:08
Mid_mod: Last week was a little chaotic after the tech issues. So for the first hour we have some Mercy question/guides to start with, and for the second hour it'll be more general. How does that sound? 20:09
Bill/Reidiwr:  20:10
JellyBeane21: works for me 20:10
CarolKat:  20:10
Piper: Sounds good 20:10
Cynbell: kewl 20:10
Bill/Reidiwr: Hi Piper.  20:10
Varg: Sounds good.  20:11
kyria joined the chat 20:11
kyria: hi all! 20:11
Bill/Reidiwr: Hi Kyria.  20:11
CarolKat: Hi Varg and Kyria! 20:11
Baum Diggity joined the chat 20:11
Piper: Hi Bill!   20:11
Has_mod: Hey guys! 20:11
Varg: Hi  oh and hi Piper! 20:11
Baum Diggity: Hello! 20:12
Piper: Hi Varg!!  20:12
Bill/Reidiwr: Hi Varg & CK.  20:12
Cynbell: Hi 20:12
Mid_mod: Fantastic! So let's get started. In last week's chat we touched upon the different supernaturals in Mercy's world. What do you all think of the Vampires? Whilst the fae are happy to keep to themselves, the Vamps are quite different in their interactions. 20:12
Varg: I like that they are creepy and quite antisocial actually. 20:13
kyria: Well, vamps don't really have the option of not interacting to some degree with the human world. 20:13
Piper: Agree with Varg 20:13
Baum Diggity: I think that makes sense, considering they require others for food. Not that they want to get personal with them - just rule over them 20:13
kyria: *also agrees with Varg* 20:13
big city wolf: But their interactions are not positive ones. They only use humans for food. 20:13
CarolKat: The only one that puts himself out there a bit more is Stefan and he seems somehow less typical 20:14
Cynbell: Makes sense, they see themselves as top of the evolutionary food chain, and intellectually superior. 20:14
Baum Diggity: i think of it as the relationship most people have with meat food....some are more or less friendly, but it's all still food 20:14
JellyBeane21: I like the way that it is shown how different Stefan interacts compared with the others 20:14
Baum Diggity: it gives them more dimension, i concure 20:15
Baum Diggity: *concur 20:15
Varg: It is hard to be on an equal footing with what you consider to be food, no matter how well meaning you might be. And the vampires does not as a group seem to be at all well meaning. 20:15
Has_mod: I think Stefan retains some humanity and it helps he has Mercy who is his touchstone which helps grounds him. But the other vamps are definitely chilling and scary 20:15
big city wolf: Stefan is friendly, but still dark, 20:15
Baum Diggity: he even mentions it later that he's not the man he once was 20:16
CarolKat: The seethe is a very scary place when they are gathered there. 20:16
Baum Diggity: it's sort of inevitable 20:16
Baum Diggity: unless you feed on people normally....ick 20:16
Bill/Reidiwr: I still prefer to keep my blood in my body.  20:16
Baum Diggity: picky, picky.....no blood drives i guess. 20:17
Varg: Also they are very very different from human beings even if they look similar. Yes Bill that is the best place for it after all  20:17
Baum Diggity: i think that's what bugs people about them most 20:17
kyria: I'd rather be bitten than have blood drawn by needle. Even if I'd rather the blood bank get my blood than a vampire. 20:18
Grey joined the chat 20:18
kyria: Hi Grey! 20:18
CarolKat: I like the way Stefan tries to pick his people as those he can help, like with leukemia 20:18
Varg: lol Being prey does not mean you want to give in the predator. *nods* 20:18
Cynbell: heya 20:18
Varg: Hi Grey 20:18
Grey: Hello all  20:19
Has_mod: Hey Grey! 20:19
Jasper: I think they are mysterious and calculating in the way how they interact with everyone and that makes keeps them interesting  20:19
Baum Diggity: though Rachel mentions he's not that ambitious as to make a good vampire. just maybe better 20:19
Mid_mod: So how long do you think it will take for the Vamps to make a power move? Marsilia has made threats towards Mercy but was that because of Stefan or because of politics? 20:19
Grey: I really like the political and egotistical mind games they play with each other and those around them 20:19
Has_mod: I agree Grey! I love the vampire dynamics and politics. its different to how the wolves interact with each other as well 20:20
big city wolf: Marsilia doesn't like Mercy because Mercy's a walker and has some built in protection against vampires. 20:20
Grey: while being supernaturally powerful, they are often psychologically flawed and weak, being so self obsessed and blinkered, so set in their ways 20:20
CarolKat: I think it was a bit of both, Stefan did keep the fact that Mercy is a walker from her 20:20
JellyBeane21: I think that threats have more to do with Marsilia's ego than Stefan 20:20
Varg: Hmm. Power move, the pack being out of the city might tempt Marsilia into trying something. 20:20
kyria: I think the vamps are a while from making their move. They'll want to see what comes of the Fae thing. 20:20
Cynbell: agree, both 20:20
Baum Diggity: hmmm, i see them in that point like crocodiles. 20:21
Baum Diggity: they can wait a long time to make a move, but when they do....BAM! 20:21
big city wolf: Can't imagine vamps every being acceptable. Fae and wolve can eat standard food, but vamps just suck blood. 20:21
Mikel joined the chat 20:22
Baum Diggity: doesn't Mercy mention that in BB? 20:22
big city wolf: Witches seem to be more or less out now though. 20:22
Grey: true wolf, but they're glamorous and sexy and humans (generally) are a bit stupid and easily taken in by that sort of thing 20:22
Has_mod: Hey Mikel! 20:22
CarolKat: Hi Mikel! 20:22
Varg: I think if they can keep themselves from coming out they will for as long as possible. Might still make a power play against the wolves if they think they can get away with it. 20:22
Grey: so I think they'd actually do the best out of all of the monsters to go public 20:22
Varg: Hi Mikel. 20:22
Mikel: Hiya Has and Carol and all others 20:22
Cynbell: Hi  20:22
Baum Diggity: Well, right now they are....I wonder in the mercyverse how that mythology's been altered..... 20:22
kyria: yes, but if the fae and wolves move into a place where humans either accept them or are subjugates, or where vamps can set them up to take the brunt of the retaliation... 20:22
Mid_mod: We still have mystery surrounding the scary vamp with those bloody gauntlet chains 20:23
big city wolf: They do have the ability to draw people in. 20:23
Baum Diggity: yeah, nosferatu was pretty charismatic  20:23
Bill/Reidiwr: Hi GW. 20:23
Baum Diggity:  20:23
CarolKat: The blood exchange is a scary thing too, sharing of power 20:24
Grey: plus since the world is basically ours, they'd have the additional benefit of how popular vampires have been the last 15 years or so in media (books, movies etc) 20:24
kyria: And, as Gabe (?) says... where there's fae and werewolves, there ought to be vampires. I don't think the vamps will have a choice to stay in the dark for too much longer 20:24
Grey: in fact... 20:24
Mikel: Hey Bill 20:24
big city wolf: Becomin a sheep would be scary. 20:24
Baum Diggity: true story, kyria 20:24
Grey: what if that was a vamp ploy to make themselves have the easiest time coming out (so to speak) and directly into a position of social power and acceptance? 20:24
Grey: a long con, so to speak 20:25
kyria: And humans have this obsession with living forever; the possibility of being turned will appeal to a number of people - yay, willing sheep! Sign here to accept that we might "accidentally" kill you... 20:25
Has_mod: The vamps like their byzantine plots - I can see them playing that game 20:25
Baum Diggity: hmmm....makes me think of some of the Carrie Vaughn stuff, Grey 20:25
Grey: all the books and films making vamps sexy, glamorous, sympathetic, anti-heroes... 20:25
Grey: what if they were all written by vamps or pawns? 20:26
Baum Diggity: Oh, gosh, could you imagine them doing some horrendous Edward plot to hide behind. 20:26
Grey: I haven't read any of her stuff Baum 20:26
big city wolf: Would some people be willing to donate (like in some of the other series)? 20:26
Baum Diggity: Vaughn's pretty funny, you'd like it 20:26
Mikel: we will not have spakley vampires in my vampire club! 20:26
Grey: I bet there's be twihards lining UP to do that wolf lol 20:26
Baum Diggity: I'd hope there'd be an equal Buffy movement..... 20:27
Has_mod: LOL Baum thank you for the image of sparkly Marsilia and Wulfe and co 20:27
kyria: ...Twilight as a way to trivialize vampirism. That's a new spin. LOL! 20:27
big city wolf: LOL 20:27
Has_mod: It so wrong! 20:27
Grey: lol 20:27
Baum Diggity: Wulfe.....as Edward. Made my day 20:27
CarolKat: LOL 20:27
Varg: lol 20:27
JellyBeane21: Haha 20:27
Cynbell: hehe 20:27
Baum Diggity: You know, now Twilight's a little more bearable. 20:27
kyria: Wow, I will never think of Twilight the same way again. 20:28
Baum Diggity: In my mind, it's now Wulfe on a mini-vacation. 20:28
big city wolf: Haven't watched that yet. The actors put me off. 20:28
Baum Diggity: Kristen Stewart can do that do people. It's a gift. 20:28
kyria: I think we're getting off topic a bit... 20:28
big city wolf: He he. 20:28
Baum Diggity: sorry 20:28
Has_mod: oops we better get on topic guys although we can reviisit this later   20:28
Grey: well just think, Marsilla and co would come out into instant celebrity, rockstars, superstars... 20:28
Grey: they LOVE all that attention, being adored 20:28
Grey: can you imagine a vampire sports star? 20:28
CarolKat: The pack dynamics is explored more fully in this book, especially with Mercy interacting more with the wolves. How do you feel about the politics of the pack, and did you ever think Mercy would be able to navigate through it all? 20:29
Baum Diggity: Maybe she's born with it.....maybe she's undead.... 20:29
Grey: what they'd get away with? Look at what human celebrities get away with even now. 20:29
big city wolf: In the books, vampires came out for a while in the 1600 or 1700's. 20:29
Baum Diggity: In BB I got the vibe she didn't really want to be invovled, but she was not as adverse to individuals. 20:29
big city wolf: Mercy is like a wild card. She doesn't have to really follow the rules. 20:30
kyria: Mercy has her own way of navigating pack politics 20:30
big city wolf: Of course, being the alpha's mate may change that. 20:30
Cynbell: I think Mercy is born to navigate it, she just sneaks in like the coyote she is and turns them all on their ears with all their pack rules 20:30
JellyBeane21: Agree Cynbell 20:30
kyria: *agrees with Cynbell* 20:30
Mikel: on that note, could you imagine what would happen when someone realises that MMA/Linebacker/Basketbal​l star is really a Werewolf 20:30
Grey: I bet if Mercy and Anna got together they could really shake things up, in regards to pack politics 20:30
Baum Diggity: i've sort of suspected Cesar Milan for a while....lol 20:31
Grey: lol 20:31
kyria: I can't decide if Bran would be subconsciously in favor of that, but I'd bet Asil is hoping for it... 20:31
JellyBeane21: Haha 20:31
Baum Diggity: even Asil'd be biting off more than he can chew.. 20:31
Mid_mod: Talking about pack politics, the pack dynamics was explored more fully in BB, especially with Mercy interacting more with the wolves. Did you ever think Mercy would be able to navigate through it all to where she is now? 20:31
KimmyC joined the chat 20:32
Baum Diggity: Not as comfortably as she seems in snippets.... 20:32
big city wolf: I wasn't sure she would end up with Adam. 20:32
Grey: Same, I really thought she'd end up with Charles 20:32
Baum Diggity: i think she's settled in better than even she expected. she's used to leaning on them more 20:32
big city wolf: At that point I thought she may work out her issues with Samuel. 20:32
Grey: It's been great watching her grow beyond her own were nature 20:32
KimmyC: I'm not surprised Mercy is so good with the pack politics....she grew up around them and needed a good understanding to survive 20:33
Cynbell: And yet she doesn't feel like she has to conform. 20:33
JellyBeane21: Agree with KimmyC 20:33
Baum Diggity: she def knows how to manipulate the system KC, but she didn't want to rely on it in BB 20:33
big city wolf: I'm waiting to see what (if any) are her differences with the other walkers that she met, since she is coyote's daughter. 20:33
JellyBeane21: She keeps her own identity but is able to work with the pack contraints... and bust them when necessary 20:33
Grey: (I meant Samuel, the Alpha Omega books are too fresh on my mind lol) 20:34
Baum Diggity: that would be cool to see, bcw 20:34
Grey: Yes I'd like to see more of that too 20:34
Baum Diggity: i went back to this subject after BC....her conflict with vampires and ability to control ghosts...saw it in a discussion board from back in the day....the suggestion that she can control vamps 20:35
big city wolf: Control vamps? 20:36
Baum Diggity: she demanded of marsilia why vamps disliked walkers and she had been surprised that she answered or something....i'd have to look... 20:36
kyria: well that would make life interesting 20:36
Baum Diggity: maybe not as well, since ghosts are weaker and less self-aware.... 20:36
big city wolf: I remember that. 20:37
Piper left the chat 20:37
KimmyC: I thought the vamps killed the walkers b/c they could find their daytime resting places 20:37
White Roses joined the chat 20:37
Baum Diggity: that's probably a good reason to hate somebody, too.... 20:37
big city wolf: And because walkers are resistent to vamp control. 20:37
KimmyC: Right 20:37
Has_mod: It does explain why Walkers were so hated and were hunted down. I don't think it was just the ghosts then that would mean those who can see ghosts like mediums would be hunted down too? 20:37
KimmyC: Good point HM 20:38
KimmyC: But maybe they were lol 20:38
Baum Diggity: true mediums would be fairly rare, though...but yeah. 20:38
big city wolf: But are all walkers resistent to vamp control, or just the coyotes? It hasn't been addressd yet. 20:38
Cynbell: And plus how cool would it be for Mercy to do that?  20:38
Grey: There hasn't been much mention of mundane humans having genuine abilities like that without being supernatural, or at least half breeds, so yes, I'd assume a true medium would be very rare like Baum say's 20:39
Baum Diggity: maybe to varying degrees. perhaps Mercy's more so since she's close to Coyote 20:39
Baum Diggity: it would, for sure - cynbell - she could tell Marsilia to go where the sun....does shine. hm. 20:39
kyria: LOL 20:40
KimmyC: Prob the vamps didn't care one way or the other....just didn't want to take the chance and get a meal out of it as we'll 20:40
Grey: haha! 20:40
KimmyC: Hahaha BD that would be great 20:40
Cynbell: Exactly Baum lol 20:41
Baum Diggity: what do we all think of the demon storyline....that was fairly unique to the BB book 20:41
Has_mod: I think the demon possesed vamp was one of the most chilling I've read. The scene where he scratches his fangs in the window was freaky. I also think its not the last we've seen of him 20:42
Grey: Yes he was really outside what we're used too, which was great 20:43
Baum Diggity: yeah, that scene always sticks with me - every time i listen to the audio book when i'm working out or something i want to shout "run!!!" 20:43
KimmyC: The demon riding vamp was creepy! 20:43
CarolKat: Well maybe not him exactly but another one like him, Wulfe knows how to make one. 20:43
mindi: Agree with Has_mod. Have to skip that part at Mercy's trailer when I read BB 20:43
big city wolf: The demon ridden concept is unique. I liked it. It was a nice bit of horror. 20:43
PrettyPolly joined the chat 20:43
Baum Diggity: patty got scary crazy down pretty well - i think one of the best depictions of demons i've read yet 20:44
Baum Diggity: CK, Wulfe is his own bucket of crazy creeps 20:44
KimmyC: Agreed BCW different from the norm 20:45
Mid_mod: Just a quick question guys. Is the room lagging for anyone? Just to make sure nobody is having any problems. 20:45
Baum Diggity: I think so, a bit..... 20:45
mindi: a little 20:45
Cynbell: all good here 20:45
KimmyC: Maybe a little 20:46
JellyBeane21: I think it might be a bit, but nothing too long 20:46
Baum Diggity: *applies chat room oil* 20:46
Baum Diggity: better. 20:46
CarolKat: True, the whole demon thing is scary I don't like that there was no one that could control it. 20:46
Has_mod: If anyone is having issues let us know we can clear the room and refresh it which will help 20:46
Has_mod: Ok shall we refresh then? Don't type anything until its clear 20:46
kyria: mine's lagging, but my internet is slow like crazy here. 20:47
CarolKat: Just be sure we make a copy of the chat before we clear it. 20:47
KimmyC: Yeah it was freaky that the vamps could be controlled that way and not even know it. Good for Stephan to think to bring Mercy 20:47
big city wolf: my connection lags anyway. 20:47
Bill/Reidiwr: No trouble here. 20:47
Has_mod: warning - I'll refresh just in case we need to do it anyway 20:47
big city wolf: But it's fine here 20:47
Has_mod cleared the room 20:47
White Roses: Ditto 20:47
Baum Diggity: Oh, shiny. 20:47
Grey: my eyes lol 20:48
Bill/Reidiwr: That was refreshing.  20:48
CarolKat: LOL 20:48
Has_mod: @bigcitywolf - it wont kick you out of the room but it clears the room with lag - don't worry it will get filled soon  20:48
Has_mod: LOL 20:48
Baum Diggity: XD 20:48
big city wolf: LOL 20:48
CarolKat: Did you make a copy Has? 20:49
Has_mod: yep! no worries i've got it all down 20:49
CarolKat: Cool! 20:49
Baum Diggity: Sweet! So...what's the story.....what shall we discuss now? 20:50
Has_mod: The love triangle stepped up a notch in tension, as well pressure, on Mercy to choose. Her past with Sam has made her gun-shy in being involved with werewolves. What are your views on the choice she was facing? 20:50
big city wolf: Samuel's troubles got worse because he was affected by the nearness of the demon ridden vampire. 20:51
KimmyC: Samuel is no good for her as a mate. Plus I'm a little in love with Adam lol 20:51
Baum Diggity: hmmm....i'm trying to think how i felt when i first read it.... 20:52
JellyBeane21: I was always rooting for Adam, though I did like Samuel. 20:52
Cynbell: Well by the end of BB we know that Stefan is too cold for her, killing innocent bystanders. 20:52
Grey: I'm glad she chose Adam, it means Sam is still free for me ^_^ 20:52
big city wolf: I like both of them. 20:52
Baum Diggity: i suppose i was conflicted - i hadn't gotten super attached to Adam yet, and while Sam warranted pity, i didn't know if it equalled love. 20:52
KimmyC: I like Samuel a lot but I don't think he's a good for her as Adam 20:53
Baum Diggity: but neither were bad people. 20:53
Cynbell: I think Adam fits her better. 20:53
KimmyC: Agreed Cyn 20:53
Baum Diggity: true 20:53
Cynbell: Sam seems to think of her more as a kid or to be taken care of. 20:53
JellyBeane21: True 20:53
Has_mod: I love them both but I think Adam is great and was def rooting for him. He respected her and understood her 20:53
Mid_mod: I love Sam, but I'm so happy Mercy chose Adam. I think Sam has too much of Bran in him. Sam keeping his secret on why he truly wanted Mercy 20:53
JellyBeane21: Adam is more her equal... and a challenge 20:53
Cynbell: Adam sees her more on her own terms, what with the junk yard around her trailer 20:53
KimmyC: Adam seems able to let her be her own person even if it drives him crazy. I think that part of what he loves about her 20:54
Cynbell: agreed Kimmy 20:54
Baum Diggity: Adam was better for her - she was herself around him better, but i hadn't wanted Sam out in the cold. good thing Patty's got our backs. 20:55
kyria: I was cheering for Samuel, I admit... even though I knew it would be the wrong choice for Mercy. 20:55
Has_mod: Also I think he can be himself with her as well and be relaxed and not in full alpha mode 20:55
big city wolf: Adam seems to have been interested in her for a while, with the photo of her in his room and all. 20:55
Baum Diggity: yeah, that was weird. 20:55
Katrin joined the chat 20:55
Grey: She's not patient enough for Sam either, it wouldn't have been a good match in the long run 20:55
Has_mod: Hey Katrin! 20:56
Cynbell: I think he was smart, letting her come to him 20:56
KimmyC: He still always has his Alpha moments but I love that he always seems to find a way around it that satisfies them both 20:56
JellyBeane21: She would have run if he pursued her 20:56
big city wolf: Samuel has too much history. 20:56
Baum Diggity: that's the way to tame a wild coyote, right? 20:56
Cynbell: right 20:56
Baum Diggity: not that you should *wildlife disclaimer 20:57
Cynbell: not that you could  20:57
Katrin: Hi. I always thought Sam would make much better "big brother" figure for Mercy, once they got over that whole love/not love conflict 20:58
Cynbell: I don't think Mercy will ever be "tamed" either 20:58
Baum Diggity: at least not mercy...i have a few at my work.... 20:58
kyria: The trick to taming a wild animal is to not. 20:58
Cynbell: independence is Mercy's thing 20:58
Baum Diggity: high fives all aroud, kyria! 20:59
Has_mod: I agree katrin! I think the dynamics he shared with her was more brotherly/first crush feel to me and I think deep down she couldn't reject him because of weariness of old age and he was a great buffer against adam 20:59
Cynbell: she gradually lets more people into her circle of trust 20:59
Baum Diggity: especially in this book, yeah 20:59
Cynbell: agreed Katrin, Has 21:00
Has_mod: So What do you think of Stefan’s feelings towards Mercy; is he in love with her or is she someone safe for Stefan to love? That added another interesting dynamic in the series 21:01
Cynbell: I think Stefan genuinely cares for her, but in his nonhuman way 21:01
Baum Diggity: he's definitely in love with her - but perhaps aware that that's not a good idea. not that he won't take what he can get. 21:01
KimmyC: I don't know if he's in love with her but I think he does love her 21:02
Cynbell: caring for her makes him feel more human maybe, something he misses 21:02
Baum Diggity: i think the history bw him and other walkers would add a new layer of complexity to that relationship 21:02
Baum Diggity: Coyote definitely knew him. that was such a teaser at the end! 21:03
Baum Diggity: agreed, Cyn 21:03
Has_mod: I agree BM Cynbell - she's his touchstone in some ways similar to Sam with his age issues 21:03
big city wolf: I would like to see more of Coyote. 21:03
Cynbell: me2 21:03
big city wolf: But he doesn't seem to be very good for her physical health. 21:04
Baum Diggity: true story 21:04
kyria: I imagine he'll be around, though 21:04
Baum Diggity: Coyote's not good for anyone's health - even his own sometimes 21:04
villasenor joined the chat 21:04
Baum Diggity: that's what makes his stories so fun 21:04
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
Re: Blood Bound Book Club chat transcript (January 26th)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 06:22:15 pm »
Mid_mod: I think Stefan wants a change in the way the seethe is run. I wonder if Mercy is his way of changing things for his people. I would like to think there are other Stefan vampires out there. 21:04
Has_mod: well since we are in the second hour - we can open up the chat! 21:05
villasenor: Maybe we will get lucky with a short story about Stefan & walkers. 21:05
Baum Diggity: that would be nice to think. well, there's the one in Grey 21:05
Baum Diggity: oh, ba-bing, that would be good villa! 21:05
Has_mod: I would love a short story with Coyote's meeting with Stefan that must have been an interesting one! 21:07
Cynbell: agree Mid, maybe Stefan will be a trendsetter 21:07
Baum Diggity: YES! what fun! 21:08
Mid_mod: And we all know Marsilia is bidding her time on Mercy. 21:08
chaya joined the chat 21:08
Baum Diggity: You know, it sometimes makes me wonder, what with Old Joe's vamp trouble and Coyote's regognition.....eep. 21:08
CarolKat: Mercy and Marsilla are oil and water 21:08
Baum Diggity: Definitely. 21:09
White Roses joined the chat 21:09
Baum Diggity: I think it's because they're so much alike. 21:09
Baum Diggity: Except the evil part. 21:09
Has_mod: I think the real dislike between the stems from Stefan - I think marsillia is jealous of Mercy 21:09
Has_mod: and BM that too! 21:09
JellyBeane21: Agree, Has 21:09
Mid_mod: LOL yes! Good v Evil smackdown  21:10
Baum Diggity: I read that in monster truck announcer voice. I'd pay to see that 21:11
Has_mod: Hey Elle!!!! 21:11
CarolKat: Hi Elle! 21:11
Elle joined the chat 21:11
Mid_mod: Hey Elle 21:11
Cynbell: Hi Elle 21:12
Has_mod: And Chaya, Ren and Venice! 21:12
Elle: Hey everyone.  just on a few minutes break at work and wanted to drop in and say hi 21:12
Baum Diggity: Hi! Happy break! 21:12
Has_mod: I think there will be a showdown between Marsilia and Mercy it does feel like its hinted at but I kind of like the whole frenemy vibe they got going 21:13
Venice joined the chat 21:13
Has_mod: and yay glad you can make it! 21:13
Baum Diggity: I am very interested to see where it goes in this book with the hints that have been dropped 21:13
Elle: Hope the chat goes well!  love me some crazy scary vampires. Lol 21:13
CarolKat joined the chat 21:13
White Roses: (I have learnt something today -do not bake cookies whilst on a chat, everytime I go to write something the oven timmer goes off) 21:14
CarolKat: Has I lost my mod rights 21:14
Has_mod: Its going perfectly and with no conk outs *touch wood* 21:14
big city wolf: Yes, Asil, vampires and evil G-men. 21:14
CarolKat: got kicked briefly 21:14
chaya joined the chat 21:14
Baum Diggity: squee! 21:14
Has_mod: @CK did that work 21:15
Baum Diggity: not you getting kicked out, sorry... 21:15
Venice: Hi everyone! I love Adam but I have a soft spot for Sam 21:15
Janilee joined the chat 21:15
CarolKat: nope 21:15
Mid_mod: I would love to see a smackdown between Leah and Sage. Sage FTW! 21:15
chaya: hey. everyone ; 21:15
big city wolf: 38 days to D-Day. 21:15
Baum Diggity: lol 21:15
big city wolf: Isn't Sage more dominant, without Bran's input? 21:16
kyria: shouldn't that be p-day or b-day? 21:16
big city wolf: P-day works. 21:16
Baum Diggity: i think so, yeah 21:16
kyria: Yeah, but Leah gets the magic Bran-steroids. 21:16
Katrin: FB-day 21:16
Bill/Reidiwr:  21:16
Has_mod: @CK log out and log back in again but it says you're still a mod and I sent you a pm here 21:17
KimmyC: Uhhhh who is Sage? 21:17
Mid_mod: Yes, I think so also. Leah pulls power and rank from Bran. I still can't believe that Leah put a pass on Asil! (this was hinted from Fair Game) 21:17
big city wolf: It would have to be without Bran's power. But then Leah is supposed to be crooked and dumb and unlikeable. 21:17
Katrin: part of the Aspen Creek pack, Kimmy 21:17
kyria: Sage is one of the Aspen Creek wolves, Kimmy 21:17
Baum Diggity: sage is in the marrock pack from a and o 21:17
Mid_mod: Kimmy, Sage is a female werewolf who managed to smackdown Leah when Anna first meets Leah 21:17
kyria: we met her in Cry Wolf 21:17
CarolKat joined the chat 21:18
Baum Diggity: ask and you shall receive  21:18
KimmyC: Oh yeah I need to do a reread on AlphaOmega. It's been awhile 21:18
Baum Diggity: I know everyone hates leah, but I like having her around - she's a fact of life 21:18
Katrin: still in the middle of my re-read 21:18
Has_mod: Guys Im going to refresh the room again - its lagging for some people 21:18
kyria: Well, if you only have Good Guys and Bad Guys and nobody in between... 21:19
Has_mod cleared the room 21:19
kyria: its boring 21:19
kyria: Thanks Has! 21:19
Baum Diggity: okieday! 21:19
Cynbell: Don't walk into the light! 21:19
kyria: *headdesk* my stupid internet. 21:19
kyria: I still have a lag. 21:19
CarolKat:  K 21:19
Baum Diggity:  sorry kyria! 21:19
Has_mod: K Ill do it again 21:19
Kkat07 joined the chat 21:19
Has_mod: sometimes refreshing twice helps 21:19
Katrin: "cleared the room" - somehow I have that picture in my mind of a huge bouncer throwing everyone out the door... 21:20
Baum Diggity: i'm in the woods, if it makes you feel better..... 21:20
Has_mod cleared the room 21:20
Kkat07: Hi! 21:20
Cynbell: haha 21:20
CarolKat: Hi Kkat 21:20
Has_mod: hey Kkat!  21:20
Venice: Good! 21:20
kyria: Well let's see if that helps. 21:20
Cynbell: who's the bouncer at Mike's 21:20
Has_mod:  woot! 21:20
Kkat07: Hey Has. Did I miss anything interesting? 21:20
kyria: nope, it's definitely my internet. I want my old service provider back... 21:20
Katrin: doesn't he have several? 21:20
kyria: Yeah, but there's one who gets mentioned by name... 21:21
Katrin: fergus? 21:21
Baum Diggity: it's the doublets that make the bouncer so tough....yes! FERGUS! 21:21
Has_mod: I'll post the transcript later this week at Hurog but we had a fixed chat on Blood bound but we kind of opened the chat now for teh 2nd hour 21:21
Mid_mod: I think it's been hinted at that Leah and Bran won't be having their HEA, but I can't wait to see how that showdown will go down. 21:21
Cynbell: Fergus clears the chatroom then  21:21
Has_mod: Mid i'm surprised you haven't said your catchphrase of Leaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh must Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee​eeeee 21:21
Kkat07: Cool. Too bad I missed the first hour-went shopping with roomie. Steak tonight! 21:22
kyria: What's a HEA? 21:22
afroqueen joined the chat 21:22
Katrin: Happily ever after 21:22
Mid_mod: Has, I was trying to conduct myself as proper . 21:22
CarolKat: Bran and Leah always fight about Samuel and Charles, I wonder if they do the same over Mercy. She really wants Mercy gone 21:22
Cynbell: wouldn't be very H in the EA if Leah was there 21:22
big city wolf: Patty said that Bran doesn't want HEA with Leah. I was surprised that he let her have control of the books. 21:22
mindi: Which book is it hinted that they won't have a HEA? 21:23
Baum Diggity: see, now i feel bad for leah....so much hate....i'll be the lone pro-leah...just pro-leah somewhere else. 21:23
Has_mod: BCW I knoooow! That screamed to me that is going to cause problems especially since she was flirting with Asil 21:23
kyria: He doesn't hate her so much. He just doesn't want to love her. 21:23
Mid_mod: big city wolf, I was surprised at that also. Leah in control of the finances? What mischief could she get up to 21:23
afroqueen: I love that no one likes Leah! 21:23
Has_mod: @Mindi I think it was during an interview or something 21:23
CarolKat: What's to like? 21:24
big city wolf: In Cry Wolf it says that it took him a while to find someone so stupid and selfish that he thought he could never like her. 21:24
mindi: thanks 21:24
Baum Diggity: she's able to hold her own, even if by questionable means.... 21:24
Cynbell: lol 21:24
Kkat07: I think she was only in control of part of the finances. And after Fair Game, Charles is probably back to running them. 21:24
big city wolf: Patty has commented that Leah has no scruples. 21:24
Katrin: yeah, but who lets someone stupid take care of the books?! 21:24
Baum Diggity: marsilia does the same, and while she's not likeable, we almost admire her at times. 21:24
Has_mod: And the potential for betrayal as well 21:24
Cynbell: speak for yourself BD lol 21:25
Janilee: Leah doesn't bother me, she has her purpose. 21:25
Hailey joined the chat 21:25
Baum Diggity: yay, Janilee! 21:25
Has_mod: I think with Marsilia she has the Seethe's best intentions at heaart - I don't think Leah has that kind of loyalty 21:25
Mid_mod: Yeah. There was also something said in a very old chat that Bran would never betray Leah. But Leah on the other hand... 21:25
karl joined the chat 21:25
Janilee: I wouldn't invite her over for tea, mind. 21:25
Katrin: would anyone? 21:26
Cynbell: True, Leah is all about being queen wolf 21:26
CarolKat: I would and maybe add something to it LOL 21:26
Venice: Lrah and Brans wolves arr as tight as cab be though. 21:26
Baum Diggity: i bet there's something somewhere. people don't act without motive. i'm not her bff, but i would want to know more to understand her actions. 21:26
Has_mod: Hey newbies if you want to join the chat - click join chat below to post 21:26
karl: maybe Bran is giving her rope .....if she does somthin that hurts the pack ? 21:26
Hailey: it was said leah is HIGHLY jealous of the love bran has for his passed mate and his sons, thus lots of resintment 21:26
Venice: I feel sorry for Leah at times. 21:27
Cynbell: maybe she's just a placeholder 21:27
Baum Diggity: he's the one that keeps her around, though. does he have a replacement? 21:27
Baum Diggity: RELEASE THE SPECULATION HOUNDS! 21:27
Has_mod: I think Bran is distracted right now with all the politics and upheaval going on 21:27
Katrin: I sometimes wonder if being the top female wolf is worth being so alone - I don't think she has many, if any friends... Is there even anyone who actually likes her?! 21:27
CarolKat: I really want their whole story
kyria: Yeah, I think Leah just started out with a few major character flaws... but after years of being the "other woman" to a dead woman, she's just gone downhill 21:27
Janilee: Very few people are all bad. Leah has motives, I'm not sure I'd like them. She is after her own interests. So keeping the books, and doing it properly is in her best interests. 21:27
Cynbell: we'll just have to wait and see I guess 21:28
afroqueen: You would think that since Leah does know that Bran does not and will not love her that she would stop being such an angry McAngrypants and just fill her life with stuff she can control that makes her happy. But noooo...McAngrypants! 21:28
Baum Diggity: she seems to be doing alright....makes you wonder what she was before. 21:28
jess joined the chat 21:28
Baum Diggity: lol, McAngrypants..... 21:28
Hailey: yea bran didnt want to love her, thats why he chose someone so "catty". he needed a mate to help stabilize him and the pack structure though.I'm sure he has some feelings for her now though 21:29
Mid_mod: Yes, we know very little of what Leah was like pre-Bran. All we know is that she wasn't nice back then. 21:29
Kimagine joined the chat 21:29
Baum Diggity: a comfortable enmity hailey? 21:29
karl: Brans "wolf chose her 21:29
Cynbell: true 21:30
afroqueen: Bran's wolf knew he needed a mate and figured Leah would do. 21:30
Kimagine: Just finished reading Shifter's Wolf -- enjoyed it soooo much, and I desperately wish there were more adventures for Aralorn and Wolf...  21:30
kyria: Bran's wolf said they needed a mate. 21:30
Mid_mod: The fact she keeps wanting to kill Mercy tells she looks out for herself and not for the good of others. She's not evil though. She's just not nice. 21:30
big city wolf: It has said that Bran has regrets that she is so often hurt. 21:30
kyria: BRAN chose someone he wouldn't fall in love with. 21:30
Cynbell: which brings me back to placeholder, having Leah around is practical 21:30
Hailey: sure 21:30
afroqueen: Exactly Kyria! 21:30
draken joined the chat 21:30
Has_mod: @Karl just like Sam's wolf - I do think its not a full mating - its more of a mating of convienence 21:30
Venice: Bran does not like to see Leah hurt. He also doesn't stand for his sons to say anything negative about her either. That's something at least. 21:31
Kimagine: I think, in a lot of ways, Mercy and Aralorn are a lot alike 21:31
Wiccanmoonchild joined the chat 21:31
Baum Diggity: interesting comparison, has! 21:31
CarolKat: Like what Samuel tried on Mercy. 21:31
CarolKat: HI WMC 21:31
Kkat07: I noticed that too. Did anyone else think that Kessenih and Leah are somewhat alike? 21:31
afroqueen: @Venice...I think that's more about Bran being a gentleman and a good guy, not so much because he has any serious feelings for Leah. 21:32
Cynbell: agreed 21:32
draken: But the reason that Leah doesn't like Mercy is because she can have children easier than Leah and Mercy ''leads' members of the pack into trouble. So perhaps she has the good of the pack in mind. 21:32
Kimagine: Bran impresses me but he scares me, too. 21:32
Cynbell: mabye she'd rather be doing the leading Draken 21:32
Hailey: yea i think sam liked the idea of what him and mercy could become and have,even though mercy wasn't a true mate in the scence 21:32
Kimagine: I think Leah is petty and jealous in a lot of ways. 21:32
CarolKat: All the female wolves seem to have a problem with that draken 21:33
Has_mod: Bran is at fault as well - much more so than Leah but I get his reasons but I think this will blow up in his face 21:33
Baum Diggity: and Bran can just be reinforcing the ettiquette of pack structure. 21:33
afroqueen: Leah doesn't like Mercy for the same reason most werewolf females don't like Mercy...her ability to have children and the fact that she's a coyote. 21:33
Kkat07: She might have more than one reason for resenting Mercy. 21:33
Baum Diggity: if he's to maintain the status quo he must keep a solid front - even with his sons. 21:33
Kimagine: that's a kind of bigotry and arrogance on their part -- and I see that very pronounced in Leah 21:33
Mid_mod: Bran is the most sneakiest, manipulative and dangerous werewolf around. He must have all his plans mapped out 21:33
CarolKat: She did grow up with Bran 21:33
Has_mod: Afroqueen I think its more about Mercy having the respect and love from Bran - she's not getting that from him and I think it rankles 21:34
Baum Diggity: leah did? 21:34
Baum Diggity: oh, mercy 21:34
CarolKat: Ah but the best layed plans... 21:34
Kimagine: but, Leah's a consort to the monarch of sorts and, like it or not, she is owed respect 21:34
Cynbell: Mercy throws wrenches in plans  21:34
Katrin: I do wonder why everyone assumes that Mercy will have an easier time having healthy children.... There's no proof for that yet... 21:35
Hailey: i think leah will get respect when she shows her pack the compassion they deserve 21:35
Varg: Leah hating Mercy due to her actually having a chance at having babies makes sense now when Mercy is grown up, but Leah was a danger to Mercy even when Mercy was just an infant. 21:35
afroqueen: Mercy is the bomb diggity! Her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!! 21:35
Baum Diggity: that's not a great policy for mechanics... 21:35
Cynbell: lol 21:35
Hailey: yea thats why mercy couldnt live with bran, it was said leah would have killed her 21:35
Hailey: or harmed 21:35
Baum Diggity: lol....slow posting..... 21:35
Kimagine: I like the fact she knows so much about her heritage now -- she needed that confidence 21:35
Kimagine: and knowing who her father is and what motivates him helps her understand herself 21:36
afroqueen: True Hailey...Leah brings a lot of the disdain on herself by her behavior...you want people to respect and like you...earn it. 21:36
Kkat07: Yeah. And it's not good when your enemies know more about your heritage than you do. 21:36
Baum Diggity: she needed the acceptance from some group that she was actually part of - i'm glad she got it 21:36
Kimagine: yes 21:36
Kimagine: it's going to make her a stronger person 21:36
Kimagine: she won't have so much self-doubt 21:36
Kimagine: and she needs strength, not just for her, but for the pack... 21:37
Cynbell: on the other hand not knowing has also made her strong, and independant 21:37
Kimagine: weakness and self-doubt will only make her position more tenable, so this can only be an improvement 21:37
Baum Diggity: true 21:37
karl: @Katrin In River Marked it says that Mercy can go months without shifting, wich i swhy weres lose babies 21:37
Baum Diggity: i think the independence made her the person she is so she could value acceptance when she got it 21:37
Cynbell: yea, agreed BD 21:38
Katrin: Yeah, but even human female often loose children from werewolves, even though they don't shift 21:38
Cynbell: she wouldn't be a great heroine if Coyote told her all of her cool powers right off the bat 21:38
Katrin: Adam's first wife had multiple miscarriages 21:38
Has_mod: Also her independence was a way to defend against herself from being abandoned or taken advantage again as well 21:39
Baum Diggity: yes - to be an independent thinker and actor in situations 21:39
Kimagine: I like that she showed to everyone that she's at least an equal to any of them, and, in many ways, stronger -- she already knew she wasn't like them. It's apples and oranges. I don't think the baby issue is as important. 21:39
Hailey: true about the pregnancys, now i wanna go look back in the book to see why sam said it would be easier for mercy lol 21:39
afroqueen: Yep Has...I was just reading where she was thinking how she set herself apart so she wouldn't be abandoned or taken advantage of. 21:40
Mid_mod: It's also because Mercy can shift without her body changing 21:40
Mid_mod: it's like magic! 21:40
Baum Diggity: just like magic..... 21:40
afroqueen: *poof* Coyote! 21:40
Baum Diggity: wait a minute..... 21:40
Kimagine: amazing, isn't it... 21:41
Kkat07: Sam was thinking that since Mercy is a coyote, she might be able to have a werewolf child without miscarrying. 21:41
Has_mod: I think the theory that Sam had as well is the fact that wolves and coyotes do mate in the wild as well but it will be interesting to see how that goes 21:41
karl: YES.Magic covers it. lol 21:41
big city wolf: It's because coyotes and wolves can intermingle, so he thought that Mercy could have babies with werewolf. 21:41
Kimagine: Poor Sam. I just adore him. He's so conflicted and confused. 21:41
Baum Diggity: werecoywolves. a magical ecological nightmare... 21:41
big city wolf: LOL 21:41
Baum Diggity: that kid wouldn't have struggles ever.... 21:41
kyria: Identity crisises 21:42
Hailey: i know i love sam,i was definetly torn with him and adam both in the pick but it finally seems he's gonna get his happy ending 21:42
Hailey: pic* 21:42
kyria: Every day of its life 21:42
draken: nah, no confusion over his identity what so ever. lol 21:42
karl: Atleast Sams not alone anymore. 21:42
Baum Diggity: indeed. 21:42
kyria: I still have this lingering distrust of Ari. I got her and the faerie queen mixed up when I first read Silver Bourne. 21:42
CarolKat: I can't wait for Samuel's story in the anthology 21:43
Kimagine: Sam's a best friend. Adam's a soulmate. Both are hot. Ah, the suffering one must endure... 21:43
Hailey: lol pooooor mercy 21:43
Katrin: lol 21:43
Baum Diggity: lol.....it's a tough life. 21:43
Kimagine: I know, right? 21:43
kyria: Yes, Sam story AND Ben story in the anthology! *happydances* 21:43
Baum Diggity: Heeee heee heee! 21:43
Venice: Hopefully his lady fae is up to his weight. Sam deserves some happiness 21:43
big city wolf: But Ari is an old love of Sam's and there will possibly be a Sam and Ari story. 21:44
Has_mod: And Tad hopefully! He's like Charlie from Charlie's Angels you only hear from him but never met him  21:44
Baum Diggity: she's lasted this long, and so has he - i think they're a good pair 21:44
Kimagine: I'm sort of "meh" on her though. 21:44
Hailey: is anyone else hopping something happens to stop mercys age progression.i think its so sad that one day she'll be gone and adams still here 21:44
Katrin: I wonder how a meeting between Ari and Leah would go... 21:44
Mid_mod: Patty is in the middle of writing Sam's story now  21:44
Hailey: hopeing* 21:44
afroqueen: I want a Ben story. 21:44
big city wolf: I'm hoping Mery will at least have an extended life span. 21:44
Baum Diggity: I want the age thing, too, but I feel like maybe the lesson there is you can't have it all? i dunno. i still want it all. 21:45
Cynbell: no reason to think she'll not have one is there? 21:45
Has_mod: There might be two stories for Sam and Ari - Afroqueen there's def a ben story written! Ann (Patty's assistant) said it was fun  21:45
afroqueen: Yay for Sam's story! 21:45
Hailey: yea ,i was thinking since we figured out who her dad is, that might come into play with a longer life 21:45
Cynbell: her dad was killed in an accident not old age 21:45
afroqueen: Yay for Ben's story! 21:45
draken: I think Ari would just ignore Leah, Katrin. She's survived so much worse it would be like a fly buzzing in the background. 21:45
Kimagine: Yep, me, too, Hailey 21:45
Baum Diggity: that anthology's not coming out for a while, yes? 21:45
big city wolf: Late this year. 21:46
kyria: I'm still holding out for a Samuel and Charles story. 21:46
Has_mod: At the end of this year hopefully 21:46
Kimagine: I thought Coyote was hysterical -- completely amoral, but with a fondness for humans 21:46
Mid_mod: Ari probably has a lot more power and is more scary than Leah. The Fae are super scary. 21:46
Baum Diggity: ah, thanks 21:46
kyria: I love books with good sibling relationships 21:46
big city wolf: I'd like to hear about when Charles was growing up. 21:46
Has_mod: Mike said that they are aiming for 2 books a year 21:46
Cynbell: awesomesauce 21:46
Kimagine: Charles is another one -- dang, that one rocks my socks. Holy hannah... 21:46
Baum Diggity: The fae eat wolves for breakfast. probably literally 21:46
Kkat07: 2 books a year? That would be awesome. 21:46
draken: I'm sorry - I missed it. Which 2 books are coming out this year? 21:46
Baum Diggity: Has, yeah, you just gave me an extra christmas. thanks! 21:47
Hailey: mercys next instalment is in march 21:47
Baum Diggity: anthology and f 21:47
CarolKat: Frost Burned and possibly the anthology 21:47
Kimagine: When I read the books with Charlie, I was in the hospital -- best hospital stay I ever had! Went too quickly almost! LOL 21:47
Baum Diggity: frost burned. 21:47
mindi: @kyria - I'd like a Sam/Charles story, too. I like how they tease each other. 21:47
Has_mod: the schedule - They are aiming to go back to it - there's a Mercyverse anthology slated tentatively for the end of the year and hopefully another 2 more in 2014 21:47
draken: Thanks. 21:47
karl: How Badass is Charles that Coyote calls himTerrifying ? 21:48
Baum Diggity: oooooh!!!! 21:48
Katrin: I hope they include the older short stories, so that we finally have them all in one book 21:48
Kimagine: Charles is awesome. 21:48
Kkat07: Yes, Charles is awesome. 21:48
Baum Diggity: i heard they are. 21:48
Has_mod: I loved that Karl!  21:48
Hailey: ooooh maybe a little more on stefan?  21:49
afroqueen: I'm finally reading the Alpha & Omega series...about to start book 2 and I love it! 21:49
Baum Diggity: and charles is da bomb 21:49
Kimagine: Makes my heart go pitter-patter. I could wake up to pancakes from him any day.   21:49
Mid_mod: A little tidbit about Ben, and this was guessed by some readers on Patty's forum. Ben's upper crust accent was revealed in Chapter One of Frost Burned that Patty and Mike put up 21:49
kyria: <3 Charles 21:49
CarolKat: Anna is great especially when dealing with Leah! I love those scenes 21:49
Kimagine: I'm not a huge fan of Ben... I'm in the minority, I think. LOL 21:49
Kkat07: Anna's great at dealing with just about anybody. 21:50
afroqueen: Ben takes some getting use to...but he's like Mercy's younger annoying brother. 21:50
Has_mod: @Hailey the anthology? No idea only confirmed so far that patty is working on is a Warren and Kyle, Ben, Sam and ari, Tad and Moira and Tom from Hunting Ground they also appeared in a short story themselves 21:50
Hailey: i love that fact anna and mercy or sooo diffrent.Some authors make all their heroins the same and mrs.briggs doesnt 21:50
Baum Diggity: i'm trying to interpret those layers of revelation. i'm not sure what to make anymore. 21:50
mindi: I've always like Ben but I'm a sucker for an English accent. 21:50
Hailey: @has -thanks 21:50
Hailey: really like ben and merys friendship 21:51
CarolKat: I didn't like Ben at first but he's grown on me. 21:51
Kimagine: Anna has some things in common with Mercy, but I think Ararlorn (from Masques and Wolfsbane) and Mercy have a lot in common, which is wonderful 21:51
Hailey: mercys* 21:51
Baum Diggity: me too, ck 21:51
Hailey: i've only read mercys series and alpha and omega. Are the other ones just as good? 21:52
Mid_mod: So how did Ben, someone from a rich affulent family (which he (and Patty ) kept hidden) become a werewolf. 21:52
draken: I'm guessing he pissed someone off. 21:52
Kkat07: Maybe he annoyed the wrong person? 21:52
Baum Diggity: ah, i don't even know, mid! 21:52
Kimagine: Shifter's Wolf was awesome. Absolutely wonderful. I told my husband I was irritated I didn't have more of them to read about! 21:52
Kimagine: Maybe Ben ate the wrong person... 21:53
Katrin: re-reading the books gives an interesting perspective on Ben - I'm somewhat annoyed at Mercy that she's treating him so unfair.... 21:53
Kimagine: and wasn't there some kind of rape thing mentioned? 21:53
Hailey: i'll have to go to B&N and pick up the series then 21:53
kyria: Ate the wrong person, pre-werewolf? LOL 21:53
Kimagine: or am I confused? 21:53
Katrin: I didn't really like him at first either... 21:53
Kimagine: You'll love it. 21:53
Baum Diggity: political attack, attempted power grab from either side, sold out? i sense it connect to some of the issues from IK 21:53
CarolKat: I believe it's was said he was disgraced 21:53
afroqueen: I think his being abused as a child led him to act out and be in a place he shouldn't have been and was turned. 21:53
Has_mod: I don't think mercy really got to know him esp with his past until Iron Kissed 21:53
Hailey: afroqueen-thats kind of what i was thinking 21:54
Kimagine: Adam trusts him now, though 21:54
CarolKat: I think that answered a lot for all of us in IK 21:54
kyria: Ben's character development is definitely one of the more masterful ones I've ever read 21:54
Mid_mod: It was pretty funny . I quote from Mike on the forum (regarding Ben's history) "Patty's is muttering to herself. She says she can't keep secrets from you guys -- you all read too darn closely! " 21:54
Kimagine: and to trust him to take care of Mercy, that's saying something... although we have seen where trust has been misplaced 21:54
Cynbell: Gotta run guys, great chatting with you all - hope to see you at the next one 21:55
kyria: Bye, Cynbell! 21:55
Baum Diggity: bye! 21:55
Hailey: have a good one 21:55
Baum Diggity: safe internetting! 21:55
Cynbell: Thanks! laters 21:55
Has_mod: Bye Cynbell! 21:55
CarolKat: Bye til next week then 21:55
afroqueen: Bye Cynbell! 21:55
Kimagine: I'm really enjoying this -- my first chat for this group. Do you do it every week? 21:55
draken: I think part of the reason that Ben's behavior has been better lately is because Adam and Mercy have told him that the abuse he took as a child wasn't his fault. 21:55
Kkat07: I've gotta run too; I'm overdue to call my parents. Have a good week, everyone! 21:55
Baum Diggity: buhbye! 21:56
Hailey: you too 21:56
afroqueen: Bye! 21:56
Varg: Bye 21:56
Kimagine: bye! 21:56
Mid_mod: Bye! Thanks for joining us 21:56
CarolKat: We are doing it to help with the wait for FB so a re read of a book each week til release 21:56
Kimagine: oh, cool! 21:56
Has_mod: @Kimagine we are doing for the next 5 weeks or so - each week we will focus on a book - next week will be Iron Kissed but the second hour is general chat 21:56
CarolKat: Bye those departing. 21:56
Hailey: mercy,adam, and ben all had a moment and i think are a little more emotionaly connected now 21:56
Has_mod: bye to those leaving! 21:56
Kimagine: Ah, ok 21:56
Has_mod: that was a powerful scene 21:57
draken: Yes. 21:57
big city wolf: Bye. 21:57
Hailey: yes it was 21:57
CarolKat: One of my very favorites 21:57
Katrin: Maybe I will finally make it to the early part next week - work prevented that till now... 21:57
Baum Diggity: that really was, yeah 21:57
Has_mod: its a lead up for the release of Frost burned - we should have chats scheduled soon for the discussion after the release 21:57
draken: Not that rape and child abuse are ever a good thing but I think that these stories handle it the best of anyone. 21:57
Has_mod: We are going to try to do midweek chats as well 21:57
afroqueen: Powerful scene with Ben, Mercy and Adam. 21:57
Has_mod: I think Patti (one of the admins) is going to try to arrange them for those who cant make the weekend ones 21:58
Kimagine: The rape/abuse is very hard for me to read through -- it's good that the pack all helps with the healing 21:58
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 06:25:22 pm »
Baum Diggity: oh, post on FB about the midweek chats  21:58
Kimagine: I wish life were like that...  21:58
Has_mod: BD Def! No worries  21:58
Hailey: it was really touching to see ben open up and how well adam handled it 21:58
Baum Diggity: woot! 21:58
Kimagine: I'd really like to participate in the chats. I did not know about the forum or the chats 21:58
afroqueen: I think the revelation in that scene and how hard he took Daniel's death (especially after they formed a friendship) really fleshed out Ben for the better. 21:59
Baum Diggity: life is like that Kimagine - good friends are like pack that aren't as hairy. 21:59
Baum Diggity: well, sometimes. 21:59
Kimagine: LOL 21:59
CarolKat: We chat on the forum all the time in the forum members area 21:59
Baum Diggity: oh, good perspective aq 21:59
Kimagine: It sounds like... like you are a sort of pack!  22:00
draken: Yeah, I'm not I'm not doing naked puppy piles with my friends though. lol 22:00
Kimagine: LOL 22:00
Baum Diggity: LOL...gotta draw the line somewhere? 22:00
Mid_mod: Once upon a time, many moons ago, we had official chats. But a dark menace came upon the chats and keeled it ded. We liked to joke we're cursed when we do chats. Last week was a perfect example 22:00
Has_mod: BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 22:00
Kimagine: It seems that by the very nature of being a werewolf, you're "damaged goods" 22:00
Baum Diggity: someone mentioned the scottish play, i suspect. 22:00
kyria: I don't know about your friends, but mine are pretty hairy. Though I guess the one did cut her hair... and what a shock. She went from "hair to the knees" to "boy cut" 22:00
Baum Diggity: i wasn't there. 22:00
CarolKat: I guess in a way we are. How true Mid! Did you notice we got over 30 folks in here? 22:01
Has_mod: it imploded spectacularly - people couldn't log in 22:01
afroqueen: I think that's the one thing that always gets me in Mercy books...the puppy piles. 22:01
Hailey: oh i heard about that on fb 22:01
Kimagine: Well, I'm pleased to "meet" you all, and I'm glad I'm here. 22:01
Mid_mod: I did and it's fantastic! We were nearly rocking back and forth last week when people couldn't log in. 22:01
Baum Diggity: nice to meet you too! 22:01
Kimagine: I like how Adam's daughter just rolls with it. She's really compelling. A strong person, with what she's got to deal with. 22:01
Baum Diggity: as if teen life wasn't tough enough - right? 22:02
Hailey: jessie's a tough cookie 22:02
Kimagine: exactly 22:02
CarolKat: Darn fire fox I gt page expired now lost my mod rights. Can we clear the room again? 22:02
Kimagine: and Adam's paternal protectiveness... for those of us with kids, you get it 22:02
Has_mod: Esp with her unreliable mother! I CANT wait for Christy and Mercy to meet up in the books 22:03
CarolKat: I love Jessie 22:03
Kimagine: I'd like to have a whole pack looking out for me like that! 22:03
Baum Diggity: do what you gotta do 22:03
Hailey: i think for her the love from the pack and her dad/mercy overcomes and desire to leave the drama and go back with her mom 22:03
draken: Adam's ex sounds like a class A witch though. What was up with her boyfriend trying to climb into Jessie's bed? 22:03
Has_mod: CK sure! 22:03
Hailey: @has me too!!! i can't wait to read that scene 22:03
Has_mod: guys im gonna clear the room again and give CK her mod powers again. 22:03
karl: I loved how Jesse mentions "baby" and Mercy wrecks the car . 22:03
Has_mod cleared the room 22:03
CarolKat: LOL the first chapter is great 22:03
Has_mod: that's beter! 22:03
Katrin: the bouncer strikes again... 22:03
CarolKat: I am going out and back again 22:04
kyria: Honestly, I don't think Adam is any worse than my own dad. 22:04
Baum Diggity: FERGUS! 22:04
Baum Diggity: Stop trying to kill the customers! 22:04
Kimagine:  22:04
CarolKat joined the chat 22:04
Baum Diggity: mine's a little more laid back. thank goodness. we're low-key. 22:04
Baum Diggity: but yeah, christy. 22:04
kyria: Actually, my dad is a little more neurotic about certain things. 22:05
Baum Diggity: really? 22:05
Baum Diggity: yikes. 22:05
Kimagine: Imagine living in a house that's occupied by a barracks of Navy Seals 22:05
CarolKat: I'm back again, *sigh* 22:05
Kimagine: that's sort of what she has 22:05
Baum Diggity: in a loveable way, i hope 22:05
draken: I'm off to take care of the horse. Have a fantastic rest of the day! 22:05
Hailey: heck no, and being a teenage girl.lol no fun for her 22:05
kyria: I love my dad, but he's perpetually ticked off because I'm not all soft and feminine and flirty with all the boys. 22:05
CarolKat: The whole pack loves Jesse 22:05
Hailey: you too 22:05
Has_mod: Bye Draken! Glad you could make it 22:05
draken left the chat 22:06
Kimagine: Do you think she'd ever fall for a were? Do you think her father would allow it? 22:06
Hailey: erm 22:06
kyria: I think if she actually chose a were, he'd allow it. But it would be complicated, and I think she'd prefer not to fall for a were. 22:06
Hailey: i think as long as he was a good man (gabriel   she'll be fine 22:06
Baum Diggity: sorry, kyria - it's no fun when people want you to wear sparkles and not catch snakes. 22:06
CarolKat: I think Jesse is inclined to stay with human males. I love her and Gabriel 22:06
Baum Diggity: *actual life problem 22:06
Mid_mod: I'm not sure. Jessie seems to be loved up with Gabriel, but they're so young. 22:06
Kimagine: Very 22:07
Baum Diggity: Jesse's probably not seeking more maddness 22:07
Kimagine: I don't know -- I'm an old lady 22:07
Kimagine: and I used to teach high school students 22:07
Hailey: lol well i mean they could move apart but he's still a good boy. 22:07
Baum Diggity: she mentions once resenting being part of a freak show 22:07
Kimagine: and a lot of those young loves were friendships that got physical, but didn't last 22:07
afroqueen: I don't know if Adam would be happy with Jesse being with a werewolf. 22:07
CarolKat: I'm an old lady too Kim 22:07
Kimagine: he would never allow it, I don't think 22:07
Kimagine: he'd lose it 22:08
22:08
CarolKat: I'm not sure who would growl louder Mercy or Adam.   22:08
Has_mod: Adam hates being a werewolf - doesn't help he was forced changed but he views himself as a monster. I think thats going to be a big issue later 22:08
kyria: I actually know a few people who married their teenage loves, and, well... it doesn't matter when you get together, it seems. The question is whether you can compromise and work together to make it work long-term 22:08
Baum Diggity: scariest father in law. EVER. 22:08
Kimagine: LOL @afroqueen 22:08
Baum Diggity: good point, kyria 22:09
Hailey: jessie will just have to find a strong enough guy that loves her enough to stand up to adam 22:09
Kimagine: I think so too... 22:09
CarolKat: I think the only one I've seen even playfully flirt with Jesse was Ben 22:09
Hailey: when that time comes 22:09
Kimagine: there's Ben again... 22:09
Hailey: ben just does it to ruffle her and adams feathers 22:09
Hailey: or fur 22:10
Kimagine: and I can't see Adam EVER saying, "Ya know, they'd be good together." Nope 22:10
CarolKat: yep I think Mercy growled 22:10
Venice: Adam is going to need Mercys help to get out of the "mine" mode in order for his daughter to actually be with anyone. Being an alpha ain't easy. 22:10
Kimagine: fur! LOL 22:10
Baum Diggity: now, when does he really do that? 22:10
karl: Stand up to Adam ? Good luck with that !! 22:10
Baum Diggity: i know he tease's mercy, but i'm getting senile on this one. 22:10
Kimagine: I know, right? 22:10
afroqueen: I think the mortality thing, in addition to the wolf thing, would really influence Adam to attempt to steer Jesse away from weres. 22:10
kyria: Speaking of Scariest Father In Law ever... how about Bran, who thinks of Mercy as a daughter? 22:10
CarolKat: I think it was in SB 22:10
Mid_mod: There does seem to be a some sort of dynamic between Jessie and Ben. Is Ben doing that on purpose to rile Mercy and Adam up or does he really like Jessie. 22:10
Kimagine: Ben is a flirt, but the man does not have a death wish. 22:10
kyria: AND Zee. 22:10
Baum Diggity: ah, thanks ck 22:11
Hailey: lol if adam can handle bran someone will be able to handle adam 22:11
afroqueen: I think Ben is just a flirt, I have yet to see him really express interest in anyone. 22:11
Mid_mod: Ben has made himself so guarded that its hard to tell when he's serious or not 22:11
CarolKat: Adam made a serious promise to Bran when he married Mercy 22:11
Katrin: then there's Coyote... 22:11
Baum Diggity: Mercy's got a lot of dads considering her real one only just showed up. 22:11
Kimagine: I might see this incorrectly, but to me... to me, Bran is more concerned with Adam's treatment of Mercy than Mercy's effect on the pack sometimes 22:12
afroqueen: Mercy has a lot of "dads" and "brothers"! 22:12
Baum Diggity: yeah, definitely. 22:12
Has_mod: Hey E!!!! 22:12
Kimagine: So does Jesse for that matter! LOL Yikes. 22:12
e_booklover joined the chat 22:12
CarolKat: And very dominent ones at that! Hi e! 22:12
e_booklover: Hi  22:12
Katrin: then there's the scary mother in law too... 22:12
Hailey: i think that because he truly see's her as a daughter 22:12
kyria: Bran doesn't really love a lot of people - too dangerous to allow himself that - but he takes it seriously when he does! 22:12
Kimagine: Not easy to be a woman in that society 22:12
afroqueen: That's why there are so few of them! 22:13
kyria: Yeah, I don't know what's worse, the Bran-Zee-Coyote trifecta, or Margi as a MIL 22:13
Mid_mod: E! So glad you could make it 22:13
CarolKat: I think all the wolves are scared if Mercy's MOM 22:13
CarolKat: of 22:13
Kimagine: I love how he shows his intent and emotion in the other books -- no spoilers, but Bran is very much involved 22:13
Hailey: and he little pink gun 22:13
afroqueen: That's because she's not scared of them! 22:13
Hailey: her * 22:13
Baum Diggity: Margi FTW 22:13
Baum Diggity: she's the chuck norris of mothers. 22:14
CarolKat: LOL her and her pink 22:14
Has_mod: LOL at BD 22:14
Mid_mod: Imagine Margi and Bran in a showdown . I put my money on Margi LOL 22:14
Kimagine: She must have been something as a teen... 22:14
Baum Diggity: i want that as a short story 22:14
Baum Diggity: beat me to it, Mid 22:14
Hailey: lol she was she rode off with a rodeo cowboy 22:15
CarolKat: Bran and peanut butter 22:15
Katrin: have Margi and Leah ever met?! 22:15
Mid_mod: Heh, sorry BD 22:15
Hailey: nope 22:15
Hailey: but i cant wait if they do 22:15
Bri joined the chat 22:15
Kimagine: oooooh -- MArgi and Leah -- imagine the explosion that would result?? 22:15
Has_mod: Hi Bri! 22:15
CarolKat: I hink they must have Bran took her as an infant from Margi 22:15
afroqueen: Margi vs Leah...GIRLFIGHT!!! 22:15
Hailey: i think leah would have a lot of amo to hurt margi tho 22:15
Baum Diggity: no big - great minds think alike. 22:15
Bri: Hey! Great discussion going lol @ Chuck Norris of mothers 22:16
Kimagine: but that doesn't mean Leah was there neccessarily 22:16
kyria: I was gonna say, sadly in that case my money's on LEah 22:16
CarolKat: But she may have been told to stay away 22:16
afroqueen: Well...she is a were...but Margi would win the popularity vote! 22:16
CarolKat: Not so sure Kyria, Margie loads her pink gun with silver bullets 22:16
Kimagine: "My, what big teeth you have... but I'm still going to tell you how this is going down, doggie." 22:16
Hailey: @kyria yes because as much as i love margi.she wasnt ever really there 22:16
Has_mod: @Kimagine I am sure Leah and margi had a showdown - Margi was visiting Aspen Creek when Mercy was a kid 22:16
Baum Diggity: in a fight Leah, but Margi would have backup. she doesn't change her own tires, let alone beat up her own werewolves. geez. 22:17
Kimagine: ah..... wow! 22:17
CarolKat: Now that would be a short story! 22:17
Kimagine: YES!!! *coughHINT HINT HINT cough* 22:17
kyria: No, I want the story of her and Joe Old Coyote 22:17
kyria: (though both would be good) 22:17
Kimagine: that, too 22:17
Hailey: it's kinda sad that she doesnt know "he's " alive 22:17
CarolKat: The whole story, a book? 22:18
Katrin: I would like something from Mercy's childhood 22:18
Has_mod: Ohhh Kyria! I would love that - that seeems to be a what if love story 22:18
Baum Diggity: "The Adventures of Margi the Great and Powerful" 22:18
Baum Diggity: A Margithology 22:18
kyria: LOL 22:18
e_booklover: If Margi ever had to go up against Leah I don't think Margi would fight fair because she would be defending her daughter. 22:18
Kimagine: or how about a whole prequel? What a book that would make... Coyote's adventures... 22:18
kyria: Yeah, Mercy seems to have gotten that whole manipulating the high-and-mighty from both sides of her ancestry... 22:19
Baum Diggity: The way he causes troubles, i sense it would several short stories. 22:19
Kimagine: It would rocketh mightily 22:19
Baum Diggity: indubitably 22:19
CarolKat: LOL that it would 22:19
karl: Coyote VS Bran VS Zee 22:19
Kimagine: EPIC. 22:19
Kimagine: Zee is another one I adore...

Baum Diggity: Mortal combaaaaaat! 22:20
Kimagine: IMmortal combat 22:20
Katrin: IMmortal more likely 22:20
Hailey: lol 22:20
CarolKat: They all love Mercy 22:20
Katrin: lol 22:20
karl: Charles gets the winner.. 22:20
Baum Diggity: Zee intruiges me. Lol @ Kimagine 22:20
Kimagine: great minds... 22:20
Kimagine: Or I get Charles... that works, too *whistles* 22:20
karl: lol 22:20
CarolKat: You gonna fight Anna? 22:20
Baum Diggity: Anna wouldn't take that well.... 22:20
Baum Diggity: she's omega, not doormat 22:21
Hailey: i would love to see more interaction between charles and mercy. you know he loves her ( like a sister) so i kind of want to see them more in the same setting 22:21
Kimagine:  22:21
CarolKat: I wouldn't want to fight 22:21
CarolKat: Anna 22:21
kyria: I agree. I've liked the few times we've seen Mercy with Charles 22:21
karl: DITTO 22:22
Katrin: I'm still waiting for some real Mercy/Anna interaction. They could exchange stories about their overbearing, dominant mates 22:22
Hailey: yea he shows her he cares in the subtle ways 22:22
CarolKat: I liked the interaction with him in MC 22:22
Hailey: lol @ katrin i agree 22:22
afroqueen: I want to see some Bromance...some Adam/Samuel or Adam/Warren Samuel/Charles or Adam/Samuel/Bran/Charles​ adventures. 22:22
Venice: I would love to see Charles get his buttons pushed as only Mercy can 22:23
Mid_mod: Now that the timeline in both series have joined together, hopefully we'll see Anna and Mercy interaction 22:23
Has_mod: I think Patty was playing with a free story about a quick meetup although she's been pretty busy 22:23
Baum Diggity: i dunno, i'm more excited to see Asil deal with Mercy - those two are fun. 22:23
CarolKat: beat me to it! LOL 22:23
Hailey: i love asil! 22:23
Hailey: love love love 22:23
Has_mod: That snippet was great! 22:24
kyria: Oh, jeeze, Mercy and Asil... now there's a lovely disaster waiting to happen... 22:24
Hailey: he keeps bran on his toes 22:24
CarolKat: I loved that part of the snippet 22:24
Baum Diggity: maybe some of the guys' role-playing pirate adventures? 22:24
kyria: I can't wait... 22:24
Katrin: I hope there are some more peanut butter snippets in FB 22:24
Baum Diggity:  22:24
Kimagine: Asil is spooky 22:24
Katrin: I love to here little Mercy defying Bran  22:24
Hailey: asil and mercy would be puling each others hair out 22:24
afroqueen: "pirated adventures"????????  22:24
Baum Diggity: i know, i want to see more of that chaos and age madness in one room 22:24
kyria: I love that the stories spread around the world 22:24
CarolKat: The porche crash 22:25
Baum Diggity: from the chapter excerpt w/ the acronym 22:25
Hailey: lol 22:25
kyria: about Mercy defying Bran. 22:25
Baum Diggity: something like "jasdf;akfrp923u42093ur9​8trf" 22:25
Hailey: love thst memory in the story 22:25
kyria: And if you can't say it ten times fast you're not a real player 22:25
Baum Diggity: i may off by a letter or hashtag or two 22:25
Baum Diggity: lol 22:25
Kimagine: **notes that she is so totally jazzed about discovering this group/chat that she's practically grinning** 22:25
Kimagine: I've got to go make dinner for the progeny, all -- it's been a pleasure 22:26
Baum Diggity: grin on, grin on  22:26
Hailey: have a great evening 22:26
Kimagine: my own pups are yipping for noms... have a great weekend! 22:26
CarolKat: Great to meet you Kim come to the forum we would love to have you 22:26
Baum Diggity: farewell wherever you fare! 22:26
afroqueen: I gotta go also...you guys rock! See you next Saturday and remember no McAngryPants!!! 22:26
Kimagine: OK, I will look for it -- how do I find it, though? I'm totally lost... 22:26
Has_mod: Thanks for joining Kim!  22:26
Baum Diggity: or Grumpy Grumpersons. 22:27
Kimagine: I'm on Facebook, but I'm totally confused about the rest 22:27
Mid_mod: http://www.hurog.com/forum/ official Patty Briggs forum 22:27
Hailey: bye afroqueen! 22:27
Baum Diggity: I gotta go, as well, alas...... 22:27
afroqueen: Or Moody McMoodypants. 22:27
CarolKat: thanks mid mod I was very slow 22:27
Baum Diggity: lol that either 22:27
Kimagine: THanks again! <3 22:27
kyria: see you alls later. On the forum, I hope! 22:27
Hailey: same here, gotta play with the pups and check the crockpot 22:27
Mid_mod: Thanks so much for joining us! 22:27
Hailey: bye everyone it was nice chatting 22:28
CarolKat: Bye Hailey 22:28
Baum Diggity: bye! 22:28
Has_mod: I'll think we will stay here for another half hour we've gone over the chat time but if there are those willing to stay we are here 22:28
Has_mod: Bye Hailey! 22:28
kyria: yay! more chats! 22:28
CarolKat: I will stay as long as people want to I know it's getting late for eurogs 22:29
Baum Diggity left the chat 22:29
karl: So much 4 discussing BloodBound.lol 22:29
CarolKat: We did for first hour 22:29
CarolKat: LOL 22:29
Has_mod: Oh we dedicated it in the first hour and generall for the next - it was easier this way I think 22:29
kyria: I *should* get to work on my last few boxes of stuff. But I'd rather chat. 22:30
CarolKat: Can't blame you there kyria 22:30
CarolKat: we are much more fun 22:30
Has_mod: LOL Im SO GLAD the chat has been stable and fun! it reminds me of the old days before the curse of the implosions 22:30
karl: i didnt get a chance to re-read it anyhoo 22:30
CarolKat: Karl we will be putting it up in the bookclub on the forum 22:31
CarolKat: Has we had over 30 folks in here 22:31
Varg: I think perhaps I will reread now though.... 22:31
CarolKat: Varg BC next week 22:31
Has_mod: I know! I found out the room can hold up to 500 people 22:31
Bill/Reidiwr: bye 22:31
Has_mod: its Iron kissed CK  22:31
Has_mod: bye Bill 22:31
Mid_mod: Bye Bill! Thanks for joining us. 22:32
karl: we're going in order,correct? 22:32
Varg: I am going to be away next week so no chat for me. Saturday evening will be film and tacos with my sister and her guys. 22:32
Varg: Bye Bill 22:32
kyria: bye Bill! 22:32
CarolKat joined the chat 22:33
Has_mod: Yep to lead up of pre FB spec and then later when we can figure out good times and dates post release date spec 22:33
kyria: I'll be at the university next weekend so probably no chat for me either. 22:33
CarolKat: Darn it all I am going to have switch browser. BRB 22:33
Has_mod: CK try Chrome - that's a much more stable one 22:33
Varg: It is working fine in firefox for me. 22:34
e_booklover: I need to catch up on my reading before the next one. lol 22:34
kyria: Firefox for me, too. I tried Chrome once, didn't like it 22:34
CarolKat joined the chat 22:34
proudfit joined the chat 22:34
kyria: I have a whole huge pile of new books... and I'd really rather re-read the Mercy books... 22:34
proudfit: Howdy All 22:34
CarolKat: I only have internet explorer as an option Chrome takes too much memory 22:34
Varg: I am not a fan of chrome either. If I am not on firefox I use opera. 22:34
Varg: Hi proudfit 22:34
Katrin: I have to slow down reading - at the beginning of IK atm 22:35
karl: just the "Mercy's" or will we bounce to A&O when appropriate? 22:35
Varg: lol 22:35
Has_mod: I'm on BC but I had to stop to catch up on other reading 22:35
proudfit: hey Varg 22:35
Katrin: the first two A&O are already in the "Mercy past" though... 22:35
Varg: have taken all the Mercy books off the shelves and put them somewhere easier to reach. 22:35
Has_mod: we can do A&O - the official chat is over so its free for all 22:35
proudfit: I am not reread the series 22:35
CarolKat: I don't have rights again, it came up then web page expired came up 22:36
kyria: I just re-read the A&O books not too long ago, so I probably won't re-read them until after FB is out 22:36
Varg: Me either, this just made me prepare to do it... 22:36
Varg: Reread that is. 22:36
CarolKat: The only one I want to read again is Fair game somehow I think it may be important 22:37
Varg: for FB? 22:37
mindi: Got to run. Chat with you next week hopefully. 22:37
kyria: Yeah, that one I think I'll re-re-read before FB. Bye, mindi! 22:37
mindi left the chat 22:37
Has_mod: Bye Mindi! 22:37
Katrin: the backround on what is happening with the fae might be helpful for FB... 22:37
CarolKat: Yeah you know with the fae all running to the reservations 22:37
karl: I dont like Zee bieng stuck on the res. 22:38
CarolKat: and the politics 22:38
Varg: Whenever I see FB I have to think a moment to remember it does not mean facebook in this context. lol 22:38
Varg: Bye Mindi 22:38
CarolKat: Varg LOL 22:38
CarolKat: Bye Mindi 22:38
Has_mod: lol Varg I know the feeling 22:39
CarolKat: I didn't think of it till the first time I typed it.   22:39
proudfit: JUst call facebook evil 22:39
Varg: ok, evil but fun though.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 06:32:45 pm »
22:40
Katrin: btw is the transcript for the first chat available somewhere on the forum yet? 22:40
CarolKat: Probably not til later 22:40
Has_mod: we decided not to bother with that because we had so many issues and the room conked out 22:40
Has_mod: But we def have the chat saved for this one 22:41
Mid_mod: We don't have the transcript for the first chat, sorry. The room conked out on us and we had to switch to another new room. 22:41
CarolKat: Oh first chat not first part LOL 22:41
Varg: Hurogs. The infamous chat room crashers. 22:42
e_booklover:  22:42
CarolKat: Oh yeah but this one is very good! 22:42
Has_mod: don't jinx us! but I think we will be ok - this room seems to be solid 22:42
CarolKat: Exept for my browser 22:42
CarolKat: except 22:42
Varg: Yup. *crosses fingers* 22:43
CarolKat: knocks on noggin
kyria: *mutters darkly at her modem and router* 22:43
Varg: I don't do that, the echoes are annoying.   22:43
CarolKat: LOL 22:44
Has_mod:  LOL 22:44
Varg: Are you in need of a technowizard Kyria? 22:44
CarolKat: both Firefox and internet explorer have kicked me 22:45
CarolKat: Not the room 22:45
Varg: Huh. 22:45
CarolKat: May have to download Chrome for next week 22:45
Varg: Bad firefox. No cookie! Or Opera.... 22:46
Has_mod: CK try Chrome its def smoother and more reliable. I gave up on FF 22:46
Has_mod: Im still seeing you as a mod so its def your browser 22:46
Varg: People seem to have very different experienses with ff 22:46
Varg: Yes, you still have your hat CK 22:46
CarolKat joined the chat 22:46
Has_mod: I think FF is getting buggier 22:47
CarolKat joined the chat 22:47
kyria: I haven't decided if I need a technowizard or not, Varg (sorry, I'm watching a movie and reading as well as chatting). I thought I had the same internet as my parents but at their house I can stream video 22:47
CarolKat: explorer is worse going back to the fox 22:47
CarolKat joined the chat 22:48
proudfit: talk about multi-tasking 22:48
Has_mod: Explorer should just be ignored.  22:48
Varg: lol I second that Has. 22:48
CarolKat: I have my hat back ! 22:48
kyria: Explorer remains because people remember when other browsers weren't very compatible with stuff. 22:49
Varg: Kyria, how do you keep track of anything ?  22:49
Has_mod: I gave it back to you! I think I figured why - its because your switching browsers 22:49
kyria: How do I keep track of what? 22:49
Varg: all the things you are doing at once..... 22:49
CarolKat: Darn it document expired from Fox may have to close and reopen it 22:50
kyria: hey, at least this time I'm not knitting as well. 22:50
CarolKat: BRB 22:50
Varg: I like knitting while doing other stuff.  not quite as many things at once though. 22:51
kyria: If I'm not reading and writing and watching and doing all at the same time, I wind up spacing out and daydreaming. 22:51
kyria: Besides, the movie is one I've seen before. 22:51
Varg: Hmm I don't have that problem. 22:51
Mid_mod: I was thinking, if Sam's mate is going to be Ari, how would the pack (Bran!) accept a Fae? 22:51
karl: C,now FF has always been junk on my laptop,and explorer is smooth as silk .i think it depends on your O.S. and what came factory on each machine. 22:51
Varg: So you are just waiting between the best parts. 22:51
kyria: My brain seems to work faster than average. 22:51
Mid_mod: It took long enough for Adam's pack to accept, Mercy. And she still has people that don't like her in Adam's pack. 22:52
CarolKat joined the chat 22:52
Has_mod: WB CK! 22:52
kyria: Sam isn't part of the Aspen Creek Pack. I'd imagine he's not the only wolf in all these centuries to mate with a fae. 22:52
Varg: Hmm, I think perhaps Bran would accept her easier than the whole pack would 22:52
CarolKat: Iz back LOL 22:52
CarolKat: Hopefully I'll stay this time 22:52
Varg: Welcome! 22:53
Mid_mod: welcome back CK 22:53
Has_mod: I think Sam being lone wolf and being high ranked - don't think he really cares but people would be nuts to make those who threaten Ari 22:53
kyria: Not everyone might like it, but they don't have to... Sam's a lone wolf AND he's one of the top three (?) most dominant wolves on the continent. 22:53
CarolKat: Not so sure, Bran has his issues with the fae as well 22:53
CarolKat: Yep Bran's 3rd 22:54
CarolKat: Adam is his 4th 22:54
kyria: Ari in particular isn't fae in general. 22:54
Katrin: I think Bran would be happy that Sam is finally happy and getting better... 22:54
Varg: Yes, but he also loves Sam and also knows Aris history so he might have an easier time accepting Ari the person. wether or not she is fae 22:54
CarolKat: True Bran only wants his sons to be stable, Ari has him there 22:55
Varg: I thought Sam was lone wolf, third in power but outside the pack structure? 22:55
proudfit: let'set pool going for how long CK stays? 22:55
karl: 10 min 22:55
proudfit: 15mins 22:55
Varg: 20 min. 22:55
Has_mod: lol 22:55
CarolKat: Brats 22:55
e_booklover: So where is Ari given the current state of the Fae and their interaction with the world? 22:56
Katrin: CK joined so often, I'm starting to believe we're witnessing a strong case of MPD 22:56
Mid_mod: Ari was the daughter of a Fae Wood King, right? If i can remember from Silver Borne. 22:56
Varg: She seems to be outside the reservations anyway. And she seemed to be estranged from the fae. 22:56
Varg: MPD? 22:56
CarolKat: I take it she's not on the reservation based on the snippets and the chapter we have 22:57
CarolKat: MPD? 22:57
proudfit: I think Ari is older and stronger than grey lords 22:57
Has_mod: yep mercy mentions her in the snippet 22:57
Katrin: Multiple Personality Disorder 22:57
CarolKat: and your point?   22:57
Varg: She is old and strong anyway. Not sure about stronger than the Grey Lords though. 22:57
Has_mod: Mid shes the daughter of the fae lord - he was scary from what I rmembered and abused her 22:57
CarolKat: Don't forget she has the Silver Borne and it sucks the power from the fae 22:58
kyria: I think power in the fae world can be a little more complex and situationally dependant than for the wolves. 22:58
karl: stronger than YO-YO ? Scary 22:58
kyria: mmmmmm, witches.... 22:58
Has_mod: I dont think things are happy with the fae - there seems to be factions with the powerful ones and lesser ones - Tad hints at this in IK 22:59
CarolKat: Would she be a gray lord if she was on reservation? 22:59
Katrin: FG confused me somewhat on who rules what in the world of the fae 22:59
Katrin: Nimue was a Gray Lord and didn't live on any reservation... 23:00
Varg: We don't really know how someone gets to be a grey lord, is it a matter of being stronger or does it take politics as well as strenght. And if it is politics: what kind? 23:00
Varg: A court? meritocracy? hereditary? 23:01
e_booklover: I think it is strength and a certain ruthlessness to both hold and wield power 23:01
Mid_mod: I think Power. 23:01
CarolKat: I imagine Fae politics are a lot worse than we could think 23:01
Has_mod: I think it might ingrained power - it doesnt seem to be like the vamps or the weres with age 23:01
karl: AGE /POWER/SPOOKINESS ? 23:02
proudfit: Can't be any worse than Vampire poltics 23:02
CarolKat: I don't know about that..a lot more power and magic there 23:03
CarolKat: of all different type 23:03
Katrin: And fae in general seem to be much older than the average vampire - lots more of old grudges and history there 23:03
Has_mod: and being powerful may not always be a good thing - underpowered beings can be lucky and sneaky look at Mercy! 23:04
proudfit: maybe in the Antholgoy, we'll find out more about the fae and Ari 23:04
kyria: Power comes in different forms 23:04
kyria: Not having Power doesn't mean not being powerful 23:04
CarolKat: Very true Kyria. 23:04
CarolKat: Hmmm wonders where Jessie fits in with wolf hierarchy 23:05
karl: YA,you could have some wicked powerful B .O. 23:06
karl: Sorry, i get silly somtimes 23:06
CarolKat: LOL that would be off putting 23:06
Has_mod: LOL 23:07
CarolKat: I wonder if Jessie could have made Warren lie down... 23:07
White Roses joined the chat 23:07
karl: good quest.about Jesse though . ? 23:08
CarolKat: like Mercy did but was discounted because of being human 23:08
karl: HI W.R 23:08
CarolKat: HI WR 23:08
proudfit: hey WR 23:08
CarolKat: The wolve s tend to ignore the humans, Kyle had some of the answers Mercy was looking for 23:09
karl: Dang CK past my 10 min mark  23:09
CarolKat: HEH! LOL 23:09
CarolKat: Varg has 20 I think 23:09
White Roses: The wolves don't ignore Jessie 23:10
kyria: Didn't someone claim 15 23:10
CarolKat: Gryphon 23:10
proudfit: me 23:10
karl: Stay strong....you can doit 23:10
Varg: lol 23:10
CarolKat: LOL 23:10
kyria: The wolves don't share everything with the humans, in an attempt to protect them. Or somehting like that 23:10
CarolKat: not me my browser I am always strong 23:11
Varg: and Jessie, even though she is Adams child is outside the actual pack power structure 23:11
CarolKat: True Kyria and they are very protective of Jessie 23:11
Varg: I don't think she could call Adams power 23:11
CarolKat: Ah good point Varg and her mother wasn't Adam's Mate 23:12
karl: nopey...mere mortal 23:12
Has_mod: I think because its so hard for weres to have children they are def protective of kids so they value and cherish them 23:12
e_booklover: Plus she is a child and not a wolf. 23:12
CarolKat: I wonder if Adam and Mercy have a child it would have a pack status since Mercy is his mate and pack 23:13
Varg: Yes, so she has the power of being cherished and someone they want to take care of. 23:13
karl: i'd sooo b working that 23:14
Varg: lol 23:14
White Roses: Jessie is part of the pack , just not in the pack IMO 23:14
Varg: True, that is how I see it too. 23:14
Has_mod: CK real question is whether will it be a were/coyote or something too! I think they would protect their kids but when they're older it might different if they are not fully were 23:14
karl: coyolf ?wereoyte? 23:15
kyria: Like I said earlier, serious identity crisis 23:16
CarolKat: LOL karl 23:16
White Roses: They would be unique - which would give them advantages and disadvantages over 'normal' weres 23:16
proudfit: All depend on the Coyote might do the his grandkid 23:16
CarolKat: And the jealous factor of the female weres could be an issue during the pregnancy 23:16
Varg: Pups/children would have a different position in the pack but as they grow older they would have to fit into the hierarchy as themselves not their parents kids. they might need advice from Charles  23:16
kyria: oh, no... think of how grandparents spoil their grandkids... 23:16
CarolKat: OH man Bran as Grandpa! 23:17
Varg: Being spoilt by Bran.....  23:17
CarolKat: and Sam and Charles uncles 23:17
Katrin: I see more peanut butter on Bran's seats in the future... 23:17
Varg: And Anna aunt. 23:17
kyria: Charles would make a good Godfather (or whatever) as well as uncle 23:17
CarolKat: Kid is gonna be a royal brat 23:17
White Roses: LOL 23:17
CarolKat: if it ever happens
kyria: oh, no... think of how grandparents spoil their grandkids... 23:16
CarolKat: OH man Bran as Grandpa! 23:17
Varg: Being spoilt by Bran.....  23:17
CarolKat: and Sam and Charles uncles 23:17
Katrin: I see more peanut butter on Bran's seats in the future... 23:17
Varg: And Anna aunt. 23:17
kyria: Charles would make a good Godfather (or whatever) as well as uncle 23:17
CarolKat: Kid is gonna be a royal brat 23:17
White Roses: LOL 23:17
CarolKat: if it ever happens 23:18
karl: no hair dye 4 the baby Jesse !!! 23:18
Has_mod: nahh mischevious  23:18
kyria: Hey, Jessie managed to grow up with both feet mostly on the ground 23:18
Varg: lol nope needs to count your age in at least two digits for hair dye! 23:18
proudfit: just fake tatoos changed daily 23:18
Katrin: but there would never be a lack of (un)willing babysitters 23:18
CarolKat: Not Mercy's child though, 23:18
Mid_mod: Folks, it's time for me to head off. Thanks so much for coming! 23:19
karl: lil blue coyote pup running around ? 23:19
Has_mod: Hey guys just a heads up im going to close the room in half an hour its starting to get a bit late here 23:19
CarolKat: Adam would have to do some serious posturing against all the tree above him 23:19
Varg: Bye Mid. 23:19
Has_mod: ohh bye mid!!!  23:19
CarolKat: Bye mid 23:19
proudfit: no gab's sisters would be willing 23:19
kyria: bye Mid! 23:19
Mid_mod: It's been lovely chatting to you all . Bye 23:19
proudfit: bye MId 23:19
White Roses: I was thinking that Mercy and Adams kids (plural) would be raised in Aspen Creek with Charles and Anna, as their shifting between froms at kind might be hard to explain 23:20
kyria: I wonder if Samuel will be jealous if Adam and Mercy have a kid before he and Ari do. If he and Ari do. 23:20
CarolKat: Right Ari might be able to have a child too! that's so awwesome! 23:21
karl: asY the wolves r out now. 23:21
kyria: Adam might be able to control his kids' shifting, the way he can newly changed weres 23:21
Has_mod: Oh I think Mercy and Adam will raise them - I cant see them sending them away 23:21
proudfit: That depends if Ari wants more KIds 23:21
karl: yeah shes like a bajillion years old. 23:21
CarolKat: Mercy and Adam would raise their own kids. Mercy wouldn't do what was done to her 23:22
e_booklover: Bye Mid! 23:22
kyria: Either way... Samuel might feel some jealousy/resentment towards Mercy and Adam if they have kid(s) and he doesn't. 23:22
karl: i dont think so,Sams a .good guy 23:23
Has_mod: I dont think he will - I think kids are important to him but he was broken and i think being mated will def help - kids was just a way for him to give him a reason to continue. 23:23
Varg: Being a good guy does not mean you cannot get jealous if somebody else has something you want very much but have not been able to have. 23:23
CarolKat: I think she would want to since she didn't have them with him before because of circumstances. Sam would be happy for Adam and I think it would help Adam too 23:24
Varg: Still I agree Has, I don't think he will get jealous. 23:24
Has_mod: I think he would have been still suicidal if he did have a child - agree with CK and I def think in this case if Adam and Mercy hsa kids 23:24
Has_mod: its a good way for him to get thru his issues about a werewolf - Sam doesn't have that issue 23:25
White Roses: He's been a wolf for a very long time 23:25
CarolKat: Right Has, especially if the child is a coyote or wolf 23:26
karl: Well,supper time..TTYL. 23:26
CarolKat: Bye Karl 23:26
Varg: Bye karl 23:26
proudfit: bye Karl 23:26
Has_mod: Esp if its a werewolf 23:26
kyria: bye karl 23:26
Has_mod: bye Karl! 23:26
CarolKat: Oh yeah a coyote would be Mercy's problem LOL 23:27
kyria: I think Sam will be jealous - but that won't stop him from also being happy for Adam and Mercy and totally loving and spoiling the kid. 23:27

(The chat ended soon after this - I accidentally locked out people! :P)