Author Topic: Mercy Thompson - A Urban Fantasy RPG  (Read 3668 times)

Gremore

• Tool Wrangler
Mercy Thompson - A Urban Fantasy RPG
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:02:56 pm »
Ok I've just freshly been accepted as a member and would like to hit the ground running.

I was inspired by the "Building Mercy's World - Canon" area to look into it and I've found there is no existing Role Play Game for the 'Mercy World' and was wondering if this is something that has ever been brought up before.
Would Patricia Brigg's and family/company be against the idea or for the idea?

The thoughts I've had would be to involve the world as a setting but not the actual characters of any of the books as they are part of the Canon, the Story and the World in general.
The idea is that people could play as a Werewolf, a Shifter, a Vampire or a Fae but not permit any interactions with existing Canon as they would be lower rung on the power scale.
This is effectively done with Starwars in general as well as some of the more written about settings for Dungeons and Dragons.

Please don't shoot me if this is the wrong area to post this!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Mercy Thompson - A Urban Fantasy RPG
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:32:40 pm »
Hi Gremore,

No shooting on the forums.  Not even silver bullets. LOL

We've had a few people in the past ask about creating Mercy RPG's. I'd have to look back on it but I believe that we treat them similar to fanfiction in that we don't have them here on the forum at all. Off the forum I believe it would be like fanfiction as well in that you can create and play one without links backs here. I will clarify it though in the FAQ as we just have a small RPG notation there.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Gremore

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:53:24 pm »
Hi Gremore,

No shooting on the forums.  Not even silver bullets. LOL

We've had a few people in the past ask about creating Mercy RPG's. I'd have to look back on it but I believe that we treat them similar to fanfiction in that we don't have them here on the forum at all. Off the forum I believe it would be like fanfiction as well in that you can create and play one without links backs here. I will clarify it though in the FAQ as we just have a small RPG notation there.

Great thanks Elle!

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:54:35 pm »
No worries, Gremore. Welcome to the board. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.