Author Topic: What would happen if....  (Read 7324 times)

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
What would happen if....
« on: December 28, 2012, 01:08:13 pm »
I don't know why but for some reason this morning it dawned on me that just as Mercy could order everyone in her pack around when Adam wasn't there (hence no one could help her when she was hurt because she made them leave), Leah could order around any one in any pack in the country if Bran was not around or was incapacitated in some way.  I wonder if she realizes that she has that power potential and if she does, what she would do with it??

I'm thinking her first goal would be to improve her position in some way and then maybe retaliate against those she perceives as being her enemies....could she force say Asil to go after Charles for example (after all, Bran had the power to force Asil to do stuff against his will and she would basically be working with Bran's power)?
We know that she couldn't order Charles to do something he didn't want to do because he said in Alpha and Omega that while his father could stop him in his tracks, he couldn't force him to do something.  If Bran couldn't do that, I am positive that Leah wouldn't be able to do it.

Or would going after powerful enemies be too high a risk so she would go after lower level pack members that have annoyed her?  Or maybe just work to gather more power around her?

I can't really see her as being someone with a lot of interest in the good of the pack or the wolves across the country.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: What would happen if....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:59:24 am »
I doubt even Leah would be stupid enough to "force say Asil to go after Charles for example".  Bran would find out.
She's still stupid and selfish enough to use the power for more petty things, like harassing Mercy through other females in Aspen Creek, pack or not.

But we don't know the back story.  It's possible that somewhere down the line, in the unknown amount of time since Bran took Leah for his mate that she did try something like that, even for instance trying (this would be my choice if I were in her position) to set Samuel & Charles against each other.  And she might have gotten a MAJOR smackdown over it.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

big city wolf

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:33:30 pm »
In the last book, Asil said that he scared her badly, so she wouldn't try it.  Also she can only use the power if Bran lets her.  He may have put some limits on it.  It doesn't sound like she is very dominant.  In the first book, Samuel protected Mercy against Leah, when Leah was chasing her.  Leah came to a screeching halt at the sight of Samuel.

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 01:21:11 am »
I believe Leah maybe have tried something like forcing some wolves that have made her angry, to do something. Maybe Bran found out and he gave her fx an order, which say she can't do it again and now Leah can only bully other wolves.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:37:58 am by Nille »
[/url]

catchmeifyoucan

• Tinker
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 02:37:34 am »
I didn't think that using the mate power was dependent on the mate allowing it.  When Anna drew power from Charles, he felt it being pulled as though he didn't have a choice it its being drawn (not that he would ever stop Anna if she needed or wanted power from him). 

I guess it is a matter of what level of power is shared between mates.  Mercy has no natural level of dominance within a wolf pack since she isn't a wolf but she can order every one of the wolves in Adam's pack around (including his second).   So it seems to me that the mate bond shares almost the full level of power with a mate when the power is drawn.

I doubt that Leah could force extremely dominant wolves around, but the pack is not made up entirely of extremely strong wolves (else Bran would be stopping fights on a constant basis).  Samuel and Charles are of similar power.   Charles has said that Bran can stop him from doing something but he can't force him to do something Charles doesn't want to do because Charles is too powerful for that.   Consequently, I expect that Samuel can be stopped from doing something but can't be forced to do anything.

By the same token, although Asil is strong, he can be forced by Bran to do things he didn't want to do (for example, he had to stay at his house till the next morning before going after Charles and Anna).  So it stands to reason (to me) that if Leah pulled power from Bran, she could force Asil into doing something he wouldn't want to do.  I do agree that Bran would be likely to find out and the retribution for that sort of betrayal would probably be pretty severe so it is doubtful that she would pursue that course.

That leaves her in the role of mischief maker and antagonist to weaker members of the pack.  I think Bran would allow all members (including Leah) to interact as they like so long as the pack body does not suffer (that seems to be the way he treats the other packs so I suspect it is how he would treat his own).  As long as Leah does not inflict or causes another to inflict serious harm to a wolf within the pack, Bran probably allows her free rein.

I thought that Asil scared her badly it was because she came on to him.  I didn't think that had anything to do with power and everything to do with sex.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 12:39:50 pm »
Was it Samuel or Charles who protected Mercy?  I'm pretty sure it was Charles, changing into human form & talking to Mercy for Bran, from Bran's telepathic prompts.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 12:59:19 pm »
I think it was Samuel, that he put himself between Leah a member of the pack who would do her harm and Mercy, like he did so often when she lived there? And he showed Leah his big teeth warning her, then Charles came over with Bran and Bran had Charles take human form so he can relay Bran's message?

Also based on what catchmeifyoucan said about the time Leah came on to Asil when he came over to talk to Bran, and it was about sex not power. Bran was right in the house at the time she did that, she had to know he would find out she was coming on to Asil, and that Bran being Asil's alpha it wouldn't go anywhere. That seemed especially stupid and petty of her, but it sort of reminds me the way Leo let his mate sleep with whoever she wanted, I wonder if Bran would care if he could trust Leah and others to keep it discrete? I mean Leo did it because he would do anything his mate wanted, and to keep her happy even though he knew she was insane (Charles had slept with her too), but would Bran be bothered if he doesn't care for Leah in that way. I know his human side despises her and it's his wolf that decided they had been alone long enough so he took Leah to mate, but personally I'd think it'd be hard to be sexually involved with someone you hate.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:05:08 pm by Kristenann »

Itsy-Cat

• Mechanic
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 02:00:25 pm »
Also based on what catchmeifyoucan said about the time Leah came on to Asil when he came over to talk to Bran, and it was about sex not power. Bran was right in the house at the time she did that, she had to know he would find out she was coming on to Asil, and that Bran being Asil's alpha it wouldn't go anywhere. That seemed especially stupid and petty of her, but it sort of reminds me the way Leo let his mate sleep with whoever she wanted, I wonder if Bran would care if he could trust Leah and others to keep it discrete? I mean Leo did it because he would do anything his mate wanted, and to keep her happy even though he knew she was insane (Charles had slept with her too), but would Bran be bothered if he doesn't care for Leah in that way. I know his human side despises her and it's his wolf that decided they had been alone long enough so he took Leah to mate, but personally I'd think it'd be hard to be sexually involved with someone you hate.

I don't think Bran would put up with Leah sleeping around at all. Alpha werewolves are supposed to be really possessive and territorial, aren't they? And Bran is the top wolf on the continent. And the whole point of Bran choosing another mate was supposed to be as a way of helping him control his VERY dangerous wolf. That wolf would NOT be ok with his mate sleeping around, and I think Bran's human half would know that, and would need to ensure it didn't happen, because he needs to keep his berserker wolf's rage in check. >:(

And on top of that, there's werewolf politics to deal with; didn't Mercy say that if a werewolf's mate sleeps around, that wolf is considered weak? The Marrok can't be seen as weak. (Or weaker, at least, anyway.) We know from Roses in Winter that there's still issues, especially after the reveal-werewolves-to-the-public thing, and there are wolves willing to challenge Bran's authority and use anything they can to cause trouble.

As for Leah coming on to Asil in the first place, I suspect that was to do with her feeling resentful about Bran not listening to her, not talking to her about things or taking her advice, and just generally not caring about her enough, and Leah wanting to either get back at him in some way, or make him jealous, to try and get him to care about her more or something. Probably the jealously thing. Isn't there a cliché or something about someone sleeping with her partner's best friend to make the partner jealous? So maybe she was trying to do that.
And Asil didn't fall for it, and deliberately scared her off. Didn't he say it was to teach her not to play games with him or something?

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 03:59:14 pm »
You're right I don't know how I forgot about that. Guess it didn't work on making him jealous. But when there was that sex scene in Cry Wolf I was just like "ew yuck" immature I know, but not my typical reaction for something that might turn out to be a juicy.

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 02:59:14 am »

I don't think Bran would put up with Leah sleeping around at all. Alpha werewolves are supposed to be really possessive and territorial, aren't they? And Bran is the top wolf on the continent. And the whole point of Bran choosing another mate was supposed to be as a way of helping him control his VERY dangerous wolf. That wolf would NOT be ok with his mate sleeping around, and I think Bran's human half would know that, and would need to ensure it didn't happen, because he needs to keep his berserker wolf's rage in check. >:(

And on top of that, there's werewolf politics to deal with; didn't Mercy say that if a werewolf's mate sleeps around, that wolf is considered weak? The Marrok can't be seen as weak. (Or weaker, at least, anyway.) We know from Roses in Winter that there's still issues, especially after the reveal-werewolves-to-the-public thing, and there are wolves willing to challenge Bran's authority and use anything they can to cause trouble.

As for Leah coming on to Asil in the first place, I suspect that was to do with her feeling resentful about Bran not listening to her, not talking to her about things or taking her advice, and just generally not caring about her enough, and Leah wanting to either get back at him in some way, or make him jealous, to try and get him to care about her more or something. Probably the jealously thing. Isn't there a cliché or something about someone sleeping with her partner's best friend to make the partner jealous? So maybe she was trying to do that.
And Asil didn't fall for it, and deliberately scared her off. Didn't he say it was to teach her not to play games with him or something?

Are you sure Leah tried to have sex with Asil? I though Leah tried to do something to Asil similair to that she tried in Cry wolf with Anna  :-\

Also I don't think that Leah is stupid enough to try to have sex with other than Bran. All the wolves know how dangerous Bran is and in Moon Called then Leah had tried to hurt Mercy Bran growled at Leah, so I think Leah know Bran would punish her and that wouldn't be a pleasant punishment.  ^-^

Also I don't think Bran hate Leah but don't love her either. I think it was in Cry wolf that Bran showed, to the reader, guilt towards Leah for making her unhappy with him, and later told Leah was a person he could never love. Maybe he doesn't love or hate Leah but feel responsibilities for and respect her for staying with him  :)
[/url]

Itsy-Cat

• Mechanic
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 09:14:29 am »
I think Asil definitely mentions Leah tried something, then he deliberately scared her off and taught her 'not to play games with him', I think it was, (though I don't remember exactly where that was said.) I think it might have said she'd flirted with him?
Anyway, it's true that we don't know how far Leah would  have actually gone, given the opportunity, because Asil scared her off. Would she actually have slept with Asil? Or would she not have gone further than flirting? No idea. But I'm pretty sure it said she was at least trying to flirt with him, when Asil first joined the pack.

I wonder what Leah's wolf thought of it?

Didn't Charles say, in Cry Wolf, (I think,) that although Leah and Bran's human sides don't match, their wolves are as close as he's ever seen (or something to that effect. Not sure of the exact wording)?
So would Leah's wolf have gotten angry with her human half when she started flirting with some other wolf who was not her mate?

Kristenann

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:07 am »
True we'll probably never know how far Leah would of taken it, though even flirting in the same home as her husband and mate the biggest badest Alpha wolf of all was childish. I guess maybe she just wanted a reaction from Asil to see what he would do, since she's Bran's mate and wife maybe she thinks that gives her enough power to do almost anything she wants, and "attempting" to make the new wolf uncomfortable in his Alpha's house might of just been her way of playing or trying to tease him? And it backfired, and I'm assuming she knew who he was "the Moor".

I also wonder how the wolf side of things go about choosing their mate, I mean is it just instinct? OR are there some sort of qualifications/characteristics they look for when they decide to settle down for life with someone (which in many cases is more like forever). What can two wolves possible see in each other to make them go "that's the one"?

Nille

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 11:57:42 am »
True we'll probably never know how far Leah would of taken it, though even flirting in the same home as her husband and mate the biggest badest Alpha wolf of all was childish. I guess maybe she just wanted a reaction from Asil to see what he would do, since she's Bran's mate and wife maybe she thinks that gives her enough power to do almost anything she wants, and "attempting" to make the new wolf uncomfortable in his Alpha's house might of just been her way of playing or trying to tease him? And it backfired, and I'm assuming she knew who he was "the Moor".

I like your teory. It makes sense that Leah wanted to make the new wolf uncomfortable. It sounds like that she was trying to do to Anna in Cry wolf.
[/url]