Author Topic: Hardcover/Paperback Silver Borne  (Read 3294 times)

barms

• Tool Wrangler
Hardcover/Paperback Silver Borne
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:31:42 pm »
First, I love your books.  Excellent story lines, character development, and scene descriptions. I can't put them down.
Now for my main reason for posting.  I noticed a difference between the hardcover and paperback of Silver Borne.  Specifically, in the fight scene between Paul and Adam.  Adam kicks at Paul, leaving his back exposed to Paul's descending fists.  The paragraph describing Paul's counterattack and Adam's movie style kick was omitted from the paperback.
This is the first time I've noticed such a difference between the hardcover and paperback editions.  So I'm wondering if this was intentional, and if so may I ask why?

Thanks,
Barms

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: Hardcover/Paperback Silver Borne
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »
Hmmm.  Patty says she's going to have to go do some checking. We sometimes manage to make a few corrections (usually typos) in the paperback version, and she remembers that something about that scene bugged her, but she doesn't remember asking to have a paragraph deleted. 

Hopefully I'll have a real answer tomorrow . . . 

EDIT:  Nothing's ever easy.  We don't have a paperback version here, so we'll have to buy one next time we go to the store.  And given that Patty's basically writing around the clock (she just came in at midnight or so) I don't know when we'll get to it.   :-'
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 11:51:59 pm by Mike Briggs »
Where's my super-suit?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Hardcover/Paperback Silver Borne
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:42:41 pm »
I have both Mike and had a quick look to give you the reference page numbers.

Hardcover p246:

Paul's hands clenched, and both fists came down in an instant reply of the attack he'd used on Mary Jo. Adam was bent at the waist, failed kick still extended, his back exposed to Paul's descending fists. And then he did one of those kung-fu-movie moves, spinning horizontally. I wasn't the only one who gasped.

Paperback p211 is the corresponding page:

That paragraph is missing.

Good eyes, barms!  8)
Hurog Means Dragon.