Author Topic: John Ringo  (Read 2676 times)

gryphon340

• Mechanic
John Ringo
« on: July 20, 2012, 01:27:30 pm »
Can't believe we didn't have a thread for Him. Given some of his works boarder on S&M erotic, I under stand. I am commenting a short piece on on the home page of Baen.com. It is full of double ontout. Laugh out loud funny.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: John Ringo
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 01:31:20 pm »
He writes action/adventure SF mostly, right?  Co-wrote the "Prince Roger" books with David Weber, as well as "Gust Front" and the "Ghost" novels, which are the "border on S&M erotic" that... actually go pretty far over the border to the famous "Oh, John Ringo No!" level.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 01:35:07 pm »
I've read three of the four of his The Council War series and Princess of Wands from his Special Circumstances series.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:44:58 pm »
I liked PoW, especially how the main character's faith fuels things, and yet she's not a screaming fanatic, and he doesn't use the text to preach at people.  I've only seen one other book that had the same kind of... behavior to it, and that was a kid's book called "Splendini of the Apes."

I understand that - as he can get to it around his other commitments - he's working on a sequel to PoW, "Queen of Wands."  I look forward to reading it, although I'll want to re-read the first one before I get into it.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:05:03 am »
Yesterday I saw the hardcover of "Queen of Wands" in Barnes & Noble.