Author Topic: Dragon Blood: Jade Eyes *SPOILER* (I think)  (Read 5839 times)

Olenka

• Mechanic
Dragon Blood: Jade Eyes *SPOILER* (I think)
« on: January 07, 2008, 07:43:43 pm »
Am I right in thinking that the young green dragon that Ward meets is Jade Eyes?

I'm puzzled otherwise as to why his magic is so effective at preventing Oreg from rescuing Ward. He may have a dragon claw, but, after all, Oreg has/is an entire dragon! ;)

I've started re-reading Dragon Bones trying to pick up clues, but this one is just nagging me.

Thanks for the series - it's not often I'm unspired to an immediate re-read! (I'm also in the UK, so I'm probably getting your books a bit behind the rest of your readership.)

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
Re: Dragon Blood: Jade Eyes *SPOILER* (I think)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:10:07 pm »
Er?  Oh no no no!  That young green was a real dragon!  Oreg may be a "real" dragon, but he's only been in dragon form for less than a year, and he's what, 1/4 dragon?  I need to re-read the books again, but from what I gathered it wasn't so much Jade Eye's magic that kept Oreg out, but they centuries of layered enchantments on the magic room that did it. 
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Cole

• Tool Wrangler
  • Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:06:33 am »
as well as the enhancement of the dragon claw

There is no place like /~

Reu

• Tinker
  • Draco invictus!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:35:10 am »
I also took the Green Dragon as a dragon and not Jade Eyes.  If you could transform into a dragon, you wouldn't need a lot of the other items. You could cause a lot of havoc on your own.
Don't let the muggles get you down.
-Ron Weasley

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:29:25 pm »
The Green Dragon was not Jade Eyes (ewww, shudder), it was just another dragon.  It was intended to show that, with the Dragon Bones destroyed, and a proper hurogmeten is ruling,  dragons were returning from wherever they'd been hiding.  Hurog is once again a refuge for them. 

And yes, what kept Oreg out wasn't just Jade eyes, it was the many layers of protection spells on that room.  Oreg is very powerful, but a little arrogant, and didn't give the nasty mages enough credit. 
Where's my super-suit?

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:58:11 pm »
Good on Mike.  Yes.  Although I can see where Olenka got that idea.  Some nefarious authors do things like that *ahem*, but actually Jade Eyes is not a dragon -- maybe I should have made the young dragon some other color . . .   And yes, Oreg is a mage -- but, as Mike said, there were layers upon layers of spells that kept him at bay.
Patty