Author Topic: Wolf Mates  (Read 3968 times)

Katie.Pick

• Tool Wrangler
Wolf Mates
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:14:11 am »
I'm knew to this, so if my question has already been answered, forgive me.

I have two questions about wolf mates that I wanted to ask:
1) Say a new/different werewolf (1) comes into town and their wolf/human self falls for another werewolf (2). But the problem with this is that werewolf (2) already has a mate. Will werewolf (1) know before meeting the mate or being told? Or will they not know and still fall for that werewolf (2)?

2) Let's say that werewolf (1) wants to be the mate to werewolf (2). Does werewolf (1) have to kill the other's made? or is there some outside way, pack magic, for example, that can break the tie between werewolf (2) and their mate?

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Wolf Mates
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »
This is a really interesting question -- and shows why I have to go back and reread the series before I finish Frost Burned <grin>.

I am sure there is an answer.  Instinctively, I want to say that mating doesn't happen at first glance.  It isn't really like a fated thing.  Usually it happens that the humans fall in love first and then, eventually they are mated, when their wolves (or wolf in the case of a werewolf/human mate).  For some people, even if they are really in love, they are never mated -- for one reason or another.

If #1 knows #2 well enough to view them as a prospective mate, they should know them well enough to know if they are mated or not.  If #2 has a mate and #1 kills that mate -- I can guarantee that #2 will be a lot more inclined to kill #1 rather than take them to mate.

Mating -- in my world, requires the cooperation of both parties.  I don't know what happens if a mated pair wish to not be mated anymore . . . I'm not sure that would even work. . . Hmmmm.  (Patty is thinking of how that might work . . . or not -- and decides she needs to reread)

Best,
Patty Briggs