Author Topic: Suggestions Welcomed  (Read 34835 times)

jenniwee

• Mechanic
Re: Suggestions Welcomed
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 09:57:17 pm »
My main thought on the "Ask Patty" suggestion was that organization may help the section to work a bit more like a FAQ page, preventing repeat questions for Patty to have to answer.  And of course, we could more readily access the necessary info in our debates on what will happen next  ;D.

Rock Chick

• Tool Wrangler
    • Myspace
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2009, 01:54:00 pm »
Music is an important part of anyones life and is sometimes what inspires us to write not just lyrics but poems and books etc. So can we plz plz plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz have a music section added to the arts and media section. im begging you mods/admins hehe.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:17 pm »
Bearing in mind that certain things are already in place, as shown in the FAQ section, please offer your suggestions for the board on this thread.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 07:45:56 pm »
Unless I'm in the wrong section, I'd like to ask a question.

Is there any way to set the board to auto-refresh every so often?  I find it a bit odd that I have to manually refresh the page to see if anything new has happened when I've been away from the tab for a while.
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:13 pm »
Hmmm.  I'll check the plugins available for the forum.  I suspect that that's not really an option though.  HTML is designed to be stateless (request/response) driven.  The only ways around that are to either use polling/reloading (which is a huge waste of bandwidth) or move to a raw sockets implemention and move away from HTTP protocol.   Ajax-type controls provide kind of a middle ground, but that would probably involve a pretty extensive modification of the forums. 
Where's my super-suit?

OTenshi

• Mechanic
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »
I'm not looking to start an overhaul or any such thing, I just forget to toggle over and refresh sometimes.  Especially when I'm reading in another window.
I think I'm allergic to seriousness.  I seem to break out in hives every time I try it out.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 06:25:24 pm »
just wish the evil Facebook content could be tranfered here automatically with out being on the evil facebook.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2013, 03:23:56 am »
Ooops. I've just gotten a crick in my neck, looking up to see if I could spot all that stuff that's way over my head.
“Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton
    “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.”
    ― Albert Einstein

nitehawk645

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »
Not sure this is the place to ask ( I mean beg actually) for this. Please....a book compiled of stories of how everyone got together. Bran, Charles, Anna, Sage, Mercy, Adam, Warren, Kyle....everyone!! It would be so cool to know the history of all these characters.  Thanks
Kate G