Author Topic: Suggestions Welcomed  (Read 34974 times)

Jazzlet

Re: Suggestions Welcomed
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 09:20:23 am »
Yeah, then we could look and comment if we are interested and it won't bother people who don't care. :)

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 04:54:24 pm »
Great idea -- but most of the patches to the forum are global -- they affect the whole thing, and I can't limit them to a couple of threads.  One thing I COULD do is start a whole separate forum for testing, but that seems like overkill.  Things like Themes etc. can be applied to individual topics easily enough, and I think I'll probably just restrict my changes to themes rather than trying to install patches that add functions -- it's too easy to goof up the forums :P

Thanks everyone!
Where's my super-suit?

Rob

• lovebird
  • Mechanic
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2007, 09:24:55 am »
(To get back off target....briefly)

Mike, I didn't see anything brusque or the least bit offensive in any of your responses.  I'm just greatful and amazed at the time and effort you and Patty both put in for us fans...not many writers or entertainers of any sort really do....to busy crafting their art or selling it to bother with the fans.

But then again....I have the social graces of a grizzly bear and have been known to be an insensative male chauvinist pig.....(right Patti???)....Mike, be happy you haven't caused anyone to try to shove you in an oven or gotten you so depressed that you got in voluntarily....(right Patti???)   ;D

But I digress.....just wanted to say thanks Mike for alll the good work you do and please pass on to Patty my thanks for her great books and her interaction with us fans... ;D
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:35 pm »
Can I suggest to have a television section there is a really interesting discussion about Torchwood in the ask Patty section - I know there is thread about what you favorite show but since there is already a movie section perhaps there should be one for the tube.  ;D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2008, 02:45:34 pm »
Hmm, maybe Mike can expand the movie area to also have T.V.? 
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 04:10:22 pm »
That sounds like a plan -- give me a couple of days.  I'm fighting some CSS on the site re-design, and it's driving me batty!
Where's my super-suit?

charmed

• Mechanic
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2008, 07:52:14 pm »
Has, good suggestion. I love me some telelvision.  ;D

Mike, looking forward to seeing the site re-design as well. Good luck with it!

I'm looking forward to it also. Lots and lots of luck!
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 12:29:18 am »
Mike! The site looks fabulous. Well done on all your hard work. :) I like the color change a lot. Is the bullet on the bottom of the page one of your own?
Hurog Means Dragon.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 07:56:06 am »
Mike, functionally, it's terrific.  And it looks just fine as well.   You might want to hit up a volunteer or two privately for some graphics help though.  I've seen a lot worse sites than this, and I understand your desire for a higher standard, even if you don't have the skills to meet it yourself. Really great work.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2008, 08:26:38 pm »
site looks great!  i like the bullet at the bottom, a nice touch

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 04:32:35 am »
Hi,
I am new here and wanted to tell you, that I really think the site looks great!!! I like that people can talk about different authors and everyting, too!!!

I know about some forums where people get all uptight if you mention another show/author you like.... as if people were always 100% focussed on only one thing  ???

Anyway, wanted to compliment you on this awesome board!!!

GW  WK  WH

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2008, 04:42:30 pm »
Don't worry Grey, you are firm, but kind.  I think it's good to have someone around to try to keep order, both by organizing the questions and by keeping people from going off on too many tangents (esp. since so many of us read the chats later).
It may just be best to have three or four GD-trained folks who can be on hand and volunteer if GD can't make it.

On a different note:
Would it be possible to better organize the Ask Patty page?  Maybe create different categories (ie. General Mercy, Charles and Anna, Werewolves, Vampires, etc) so that people can find things more readily and possibly stop repeat questions.  I know that would require a LOT of work, but I wondered if it would help in the long run.

Thanks  ;D!! 

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2008, 05:40:30 pm »
Great suggestions.  I'll have to think about how to organize the "Ask Patty" questions.  I also need to add more of a "writer's how-to" to the main page.  I'll be at the next chat, or at least lurking over Patty's shoulder.  If Grey can't make it or we have problems I'll grab another computer and ride herd.  I think we want to keep this as friendly and open as possible, and I suspect that we can bring it back in line pretty easily!

Thanks again!
Mike
Where's my super-suit?

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008, 06:48:00 pm »
I also need to add more of a "writer's how-to" to the main page. 

Mike
I wouldn't have the least idea how, but could/would you link that to the open parts of the Writers Block?  Or is that a bad idea?
LOL!  Patti, that's why I haven't done anything about it (though it's somewhere on my "to-do" list, item 4238 I think).  I was really looking for something that could be reached right from the main site.  Probably a half-dozen or so pages with some general information for budding authors.  However, I don't want to "steal the thunder" of your writer's board, where you've got some excellent information available.  Alas, I don't know any way to transparently integrate the two.  On the main board, I have the option of doing better page formatting and making things more easily accessible; but not everyone can add to the discussion.  I'm toying with a wikki, but that's just one more system to maintain.   Sorry, I don't have a clear idea where I'm going with this yet.
Where's my super-suit?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 08:37:12 pm »
It was just a hope to make things easier for you; if it works the other way around, drop it like under matured fertilizer, please.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.