Author Topic: digital books  (Read 2439 times)

cherrie78

• Tool Wrangler
digital books
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:23:12 am »
? would you ever consider following David Weber's foot steps in releasing a disc with all your previous works on it with the release of a hard back? You see I bought most all of your books already. And David Weber every few Hard Back books puts in a disk of all of his published books. I just got a Kindle and would love to carry all your books with to read at anytime. I just don't have the finances to go back and re-buy all of your previous works and keep up with the new ones coming out. Just wondering if this is a possibility..

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: digital books
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:45:23 am »
Cherrie78, good question!  I'm going to move it to "Ask Patty: Miscellaneous Kitchen Sink Questions" where she or Mike will see it and maybe give us an answer. 

It will also be locked to keep other people from chiming in and burying your question.
Moderators - if they discover an answer - will be able to access it, and when there is an answer, it will be moved to the "AP: Answered" area.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:47:29 am by Patti L. »
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: digital books
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 07:46:38 pm »
David is published through Baen books.  Because Baen is owned by Jim Baen's ex-wife and long time editor, Toni Weiskopf and his daughter instead of MEGACORP,  Baen can do things that no one else can, no matter how much they would like to because the editors (who know what they are doing) answer to the Big Wigs (who sometimes know what they are doing) and they answer to the BEAN COUNTERS (who haven't a clue but insist on making all the Big Decisions).

One of the things  I'd love to see (that actually has a chance of happening) is that when you buy a hardback book, the e-book version comes with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my publisher.  Ace has treated me (and my readers) very well over the years.  I wouldn't trade (though Toni Weiskopf is an awesome person), but sometimes I kinda wish we could play a bit more.
Patty Briggs