Author Topic: More books  (Read 35153 times)

Katie

• Tool Wrangler
  • All for one and one for all - in life and family
Re: More books
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2008, 03:38:18 am »
I just finished these books too. I thought that there was possibility of romance between Rhinne and Pharon cos I lost track of the age difference. But with the age gap in black and white, it would be too weird but it could be an interesting comment factor in a new book when either of them get into a relationship, like previously said discovering what they feel for each other, what it is and what it is not.

A storyline no one has pondered is now that they have freed the orders from the rings there is going to be a huge resurgence of ordered into the world, and if my understanding is correct, then like immediately all those born with the natural tendency for the powers of the orders will become ordered - Mageborn = Raven, Bard = Owl, Healer = Lark, Empath = Guardian, etc. Depending on the luck of who is born -- I think the higher possibility is that more non-travelers will become ordered, just simply due to the fact that there are less Travelers alive to reproduce. Also due to the breakdown of the Traveler clans all these new ordered are not going to have the wealth of the older ordered to show them the way, so maybe there will be more journeys back to the old city to learn from books what they can not learn from each other. I think that Serph and Henna would be sought out for teachers and Rhinne will have to be sent out to learn what she needs too as well. May even be that the non Travelers that become ordered will end up seeking out the Travelers for refuge or learning, maybe could pick up on one such looking to find his way -- but then the coming of age is not our fav authors style and we do all love her style very much -- don't ever go changing Patty. Another amazing series.

Jazzlet

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2008, 07:35:31 am »
I don't think a fourteen year age gap is that much meself,  but there you are, I'm forty eight  :D  And the time until Rinnie grows up enough to be a romantic interest could be used in all sorts of interesting ways.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 08:21:10 am »
Age gap?  How about my sister married her best friend's widowed father?
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 08:42:05 am »
*cough* Well, age doesn't matter as much to some people I guess.

rox_squirrel

• Mechanic
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 09:41:06 am »
just look at the age gap some hollywood couples have

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 10:56:58 am »
Age gap?  How about my sister married her best friend's widowed father?

That's like a couple I know, the hubby is 24 years older. Then another couple, the wife is 30 yrs older. It happens. 14yrs actually is not so bad, especially considering the time period of the Raven series. In feudal societies the man usually has to be financialy stable (more so than now as the women usually did not work outside the home), which makes the marriageable age for men higher. Also women matured faster (more responsibility at a younger age) making their marriageable age younger than now.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 01:05:20 pm »
And the classic:  often it was the second wife that was younger, as the first died of exhaustion/childbirth complications.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Driver

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 01:47:33 pm »
As my Dad is 12 years older than my Mum it may be that I am more open minded than others, but if a relationship betwen them is done in any future books then she should be at the minimon age of 17 to 18 years. But what is Definate is that she does know her own mind already!

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2008, 03:30:15 am »
I'm not sure how long they have been up but I just noticed the new covers for the Raven series. I think I actually like the old ones better this time.

http://www.patriciabriggs.com/books/books.shtml
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 07:35:33 pm »
I just picked up Raven's Shadow in my local Chapters, it has the old cover, for which I am thankful, the new ones don't feel right to me after reading the first book. Hopefully I can grab the second in the set with the old cover.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

K.Love

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 12:55:04 pm »
I, for one, would love to hear more about Lehr and Jes' stories.

I'm almost done reading Raven's Strike.

I've read the Mercy series, Hob's Bargain (which is a damn good read), and now the Raven series.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to read all of her books once I can find them all.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 11:10:55 pm »
Don't forget that we have a Masques list to join! It takes awhile but is well worth the wait!

BrittanyG

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2009, 12:15:06 pm »
Hi (new here)!  I loved the Raven series and would absolutely LOVE a new book.  To be honest its one of my two top series I love and always re-read the books, wishing that some day another book will come out.  Is there any hope for that?  A girl can dream  :)
Lover of all thing Paranormal! :)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2009, 08:32:02 am »
I seem to recall from somewhere, but have no idea where, that Patty said she would like to write a third one to both the Raven and Hurog series but has to write the rest of the Mercy and Anna and Charles books, then the re-write of Masques and it's sequel before she can get to them. Maybe it was in one of the links to an interview with her?

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:20 am »
I read this duology..and wished it was a trilogy...or a tetralogy....I just want more  :P
First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!