Author Topic: More books  (Read 35157 times)

Faer The Mage

More books
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:58 am »
I really like the Raven stuff, I think Patty should write more in that world, even though Seraph and Tier's stories are over!

mtomni

• Mechanic
Re: More books
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:35:49 pm »
I agree.  I thoroughly enjoyed this duo and the characters.  Of course, I like ALL of Patty's books!  So, I'm no judge!

gallandro_83

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:08:13 am »
I second this as well, I really liked the fact that this is one of the few if any stories I have seen where its seems like half of the magic in the story is stuff you can't see I've been trying to think of other series where magic can be so subtle and so far haven't come up with anything.

I will say that I would love to see what happens when seraph and tier start leaving descendants all over rediern that might be a Traveler's caln that stays put, what would happen if the travelers in general started to settle in the area? Expecially if they happen to call one of those clan meetings to discuss the fall of the latest shadowed.

I do however see how it would be hard to continue the story since Patty had wrapped up almost all the threads about the nature of the traveler people.

At the very least i would be interested in having the story of the unnamed king and red ernave as a kinf of prequel.

gallandro

mtomni

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 07:12:42 am »
Wouldn't it be interesting if Phoran married Rinnie?  What would their children be like?  Would they have powers?

And yes, it would be interesting if more Travelers settled in the same area as Tier and Seraph.

Shuglin

• Tool Wrangler
  • Did someone say pie?
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 04:31:29 am »
I assume that since it's mentioned somewhere in Strike I believe that when traveler's settle the earth heals and becomes a very good place could be wrong in this though
"No Matter How Subtle The Wizard a Knife Between The Shoulder Blades Will Seriously Cramp His Style"  - Vlad Taltos

mtomni

• Mechanic
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 06:36:24 am »
Oh dear!  I guess I will have to go back and reread the stories to find out.   ;) ;)

WBOrder_Gifted

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 01:19:02 pm »
The Raven books are, I think, my fav of Patty's books so far....I've only read maybe half....The Mercy series and half of the Dragon.

I would love it if she would write more! I don't think we could expect much more out of Tier, since he is getting older, so Seraph is mostly out from defualt. But the kids have so much potential! They still have to get rid of Gorrish, and there was no real end with the veil or anything, except that they killed the Shadowed.

I get to excited about things.....*sigh*

^_^
Ada

Jasmin

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 07:43:04 pm »
It would be nice to do the next generation for the Raven series. The Shadowed really destroyed that world and the Traveller culture is almost non-existent outside of Tier's and Seraph's family. So their is alot of rebuilding that needs to be done. I'm sure there are some stories hidden away in the cracks.

Demeter

• Grease Monkey
  • What universe is this?
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 08:16:16 pm »
OK - I have to say, I respectfully disagree that Tier and Seraph's story is over!  They are going to be living on the farm, yes, but I think they might attract some interesting stuff to themselves...

But it would be more interesting to have future stories focus on their children (or do an Unnamed King / Red Ernave Prequel)  I would be very interested to see what happens between Hennea and Jes.  With plenty of input and appearances from Tier and Seraph.

And I too have wondered about the possibility of a marriage between Phoran and Rinnie. I started thinking he could justify it on the grounds that the First Phoran (that nobody else counts) was a farmer, giving him a claim to make farmers a sort of de facto aristocracy. BUT the bigger problem is the fear of magic ingrained in the people of this world, and the specific prohibition that the king cannot have any touch of magic about him. (Which is why he went traipsing off after Tier in the first place)

However, as I thought about it further, I realized that part of what is so important about Rinnie and how Phoran responds to her is the fact that he has never been around children.  She brings out a sincere urge in him to protect those weaker than himself. This is extremely important for a king if he is to be good.
Sporadic Forum member, but ever loyal Briggas Fan!!!

v3rlon

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 09:45:44 pm »
yeah...put the orders back together and ressurrect the old gods because the Travellers have died off so much.  Its the only way to save the people.  :)

mikaela_l

• Tool Wrangler
    • Book Recommendations
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:48:08 am »
This is my first post...
Anyway. Somewhere in Raven's Strike Phoran say he wants Lehr to map the palace since it is a mace.. Let's just say that if he did that I think there would be problems.  Both in shape of nasty surprises, and secrets but also angry nobles... Now, that is a story I would like to find out. If she writes it in... 2013 or so. :D Plus I get the feeling that everything isn't sorted out yet with the other characters...

Demeter

• Grease Monkey
  • What universe is this?
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 09:51:45 pm »
Very good pointe Mikaela!  The mapping of the palace maze could incite all kinds of trouble...

And who knows what strange things are lurking there?? 

Thanks for speaking up and giving us something more to think about :)
Sporadic Forum member, but ever loyal Briggas Fan!!!

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:49:40 am »
Hmmm... mapping the palace would be neat. But maybe six or seven years in the future so Rinnie is a bit older ;)? I know he thinks of her as a child and all but that always makes stories interesting :D And, yes there would be issues with her being a Cormorant, but that could be a way to start hitting people over the head with the idea that Travellers are human. Also Phoran would be a little more accepted as a true Emperor and not a figure head at this point. He would also have done alot of work towards lifting the Traveller persecution.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

AdrienneEtienneHouseman

• Grease Monkey
    • Deviant Art Site where I post some of my writings
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 09:25:53 pm »
One thing that I think could be very interesting is following Phoran for a while.  For one I really like him (and some of his guard) as characters, but he's also in a really interesting position as far as the politics around him.  I'm sure that Tier and Seraph and their kids would be involved in such a story, but I'd love to see what happens with the kingdom. :D

(It is absurdly hard to type with a broken "i" key...)

AEH
"The ultimate aim of the martial arts lies not in victory or defeat. Instead it lies in the perfection of those who participate." -- Gichin Funakoshi

I'm looking for literary or sf/fantasy magazines to submit to, if you have any good suggestions, drop me a line!

munkee

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 12:17:12 pm »
I think I stand alone in this one, but a rinnie/phoran marriage would just be ucky.

One of his gaurds however....now there's potential.  ;D

It would be great to see what else happens in this world, but I will wait and see what patti thinks.