Author Topic: Quick Reads  (Read 2366 times)

Shyee

• Tool Wrangler
Quick Reads
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:40:20 pm »
I was wondering if there will be any other short stories like the ones done for Warren and Kyle (In Red, with Pearls in Down These Strange Streets) and for David (The Star of David in Wolfbane and Mistletoe) done up for other main minor characters in your Mercyverse?

I would love to see something done up for Ben, Honey and Peter, Darryl and Auriele, maybe even a date night with Jessie and Gabriel with them squirming their way out of Adam's house. I loved those short stories because it showed a different side to what you see in the main books so you got to really get to know them. I loved those short reads and made you fall in love with the characters all over again.

Anyways, whatever you do in the future, I can't wait to read it. I love the Mercyverse!!
Shyee.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Quick Reads
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:08 pm »
You can express these wishes in this thread too, Shyee: 
http://www.hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6338.0
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: Quick Reads
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:00:26 pm »
Shyee:
Patty will certainly write more short stories.  The problem (as always) is when.  Patty doesn't plan a long ways ahead, she's more of a seat-of-the-pants type.   Life has been crazy for far too long, with predictable effects on her writing schedule, but it's all coming together now.

She's back out in her office, got the next Mercy novel coming together nicely.  The whole pack has been kidnapped to try to force Adam to kill a senator and trigger legal action against the werewolves . . . Oh wait, I'm not supposed to say anything like that yet.  Silly me.

Patty's been pondering all sorts of projects. She wants to write another fantasy, probably a third Hurog book.  She's also been making noises about writing another handful of short stories and publishing a short story anthology.  She's adamant that Samuel's love story get a chance to be told better than it was in "Silver Borne".   And Yo-Yo girl is deliciously destructive with a very complex history . . . 

So yes, there will be more short stories coming (though Patty's really more comfortable with novels), but nobody (especially Patty) knows what story will bubble to the top of her list when she finishes the next book.  Sorry!
Where's my super-suit?