Author Topic: Hurog and Raven series are not available for Kindle in the UK  (Read 2237 times)

sanderella

• Tool Wrangler
Hurog and Raven series are not available for Kindle in the UK
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »
Please could Patricia's UK publishers be contacted and asked to do this? We can't access Kindle books from the Amazon USA website now. Thanks.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: Hurog and Raven series are not available for Kindle in the UK
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:15:42 am »
Sigh.  That vague thumping sound you hear is me banging my head on my desk repeatedly.   The ebook industry is a mess, and it doesn't seem to be getting better as quickly as I'd like.  There are all sorts of constraints on where a book can be published that made perfect sense in a paper-book world, but are complete nonsense for ebooks.  However, since each book is a separate contract, the publishers would face an almost impossible task to re-negotiate thousands of contracts to simplify international publication.   :o

To make matters worse, there's basically a three way wrestling match going on between publishers, Amazon and most-recently libraries.  It's all sorts of exciting, but readers are getting short-changed and ignored in the scuffle.  Last fall there were several months where none of Penguin's titles could be purchased in Canada.  Nobody seemed to have a good explanation for why.   :o

And, when authors try to get involved, we usually get treated like slightly-slow children.  We get a pat on the head and a vague assurance that it's being looked at, then shooed off so the grownups can talk.  So, no, I don't know what current bit of idiocy is currently punishing our UK readers.  I'll write a note tomorrow and ask.  And doubtless be told not to worry, because someone is looking at it.   >:(

Sorry I don't have better news.  :-'
Where's my super-suit?