Author Topic: Lady Sky's body at the end of WDW  (Read 4538 times)

bookworm

• Tinker
    • Savory and Safe (food blog)
Lady Sky's body at the end of WDW
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:23:03 pm »
What happens to it? When the demon leave the body (Sham forces it in the open, to be sure they've got it right), the body we know as Lady Sky collapses to the sand, we're told. What happened to it once the demon went home? After all, Kerim would hard-pressed to explain her body just lying around on the coast in Purgatory when he was the last person seen with her! Does one assume that it disintegrated (since the body dates from the first summoning, and hey, that was a really long time ago!)? Of course, that raises the question of explaining her sudden disappearance to a court composed primarily of people who don't believe in magic :-). Mind, you could probably just not explain it so long as no one saw her leaving the castle with the Reeve, but I do wonder!
My food blog, jointly run by me and my best friend: www.savoryandsafe.com

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: Lady Sky's body at the end of WDW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »
Disintegration sounds very likely.  Also there's the possibility that it is more a 'golem' type body than proper flesh and blood.  In which case, someone might think it's kind of puppet for something nobles mess with; dressmaking, play acting, even artist's reference model.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

bookworm

• Tinker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 02:22:43 pm »
Well, I'm pretty sure we know it isn't a golem--the demon had one of those too, and it was destroyed. They reference the "harder to replace" main body, and I think it's even said strait out that it's the body of the virgin they sacrificed to summon the demon, and the demon now occupies the empty shell.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »
I agree with the idea it would dissolve. The disappearance would be harder to explain. Maybe her distress over his brothers death could be used as an excuse. They felt it would be best if she was sent into the country where she met an unfortunate fate kind of explanation?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 02:28:01 pm »
She was almost 9 months along; complications of child birth, baby lost too would do it.

bookworm

• Tinker
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 06:28:24 pm »
Alternately, given that if her body dissolved her clothes would still be there, and she had to be talked out of a (probably faked) suicide attempt earlier in the novel, distress over her miscarriage and all that resulted in taking a swim with the Spirit Tide.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 07:34:52 pm »
D'oh!  I forgot she'd already lost the baby, right.  Post partum depression would be a good excuse.