Author Topic: Rumpelstiltskin  (Read 4802 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Rumpelstiltskin
« on: January 02, 2008, 06:16:22 am »
What I like about this story is that Rumpelstiltskin doesn't turn out to be the villian in it. He was a very sympathic character and I enjoyed reading about his and Molly's growing relationship. Good stuff.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Rumpelstiltskin
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 07:51:43 pm »
That was my favorite story in that anthology. I greatly enjoyed the differences.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:26:49 am »
Since the Rumpelstiltskin fairy tale isn't one of my favorites I was surprised that I enjoyed it so much. It was such a completely different spin on it though.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Melanie

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 03:47:28 am »
“The Price” Is the true story about Rumpelstiltskin. Published 1999 in Silver Birch, Blood Moon.
So that means well before the Mercyversum books.
Nevertheless, the Mercyversum is magical and maybe something leaked out in a similar way like in Fire Touched:

“Are we feeling Underhill?” asked Adam.
 “Yes,” said Aiden. “This is what happens in places where there are too many doors in too small an area. Her magic leaks out.”
“Even though the doors have long been closed in the Old Country,” Zee added, “there are places that people avoid because the spill of magic lingers.”

We know that Ariana wrote “”Magic Made” which contains the story of “Rumpelstiltskin”.
A book, that contains many fairy tales and also hides the Silver Born,
which absorbs magic from fae and returns it to the origin of all magic. (Silver in Shifting Shadows)

Silver Born:
Chapter 6: "It's a book written about the fae by someone who was fae," I(=Mercy) told him(=Tad). There's a lot of information in it and a lot of fairy tales retold from the other side." I had to laugh. "Gave me a whole new perspective on 'Rumplestiltskin' "
Chapter 15: "Ariana has a fine sense of irony," observed Adam, reading the title for the first time – Magic Made was embossed on the cover and spine in gold.

Could it be that the knowledge of the true story about Rumpelstiltskin made it’s way from Ariana’s book to Patty
and inspire Patty to write her story “The Price” about Rumpelstiltskin?

That would mean that “The Price” is in a certain way Patty’s first Mercyversum story. bOuNcY bOuNcY