Author Topic: Mercyverse Characters Guilty Pleasures!  (Read 43266 times)

BillG

• Pack Member
Re: Mercyverse Characters Guilty Pleasures!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 04:04:39 am »
Uncle Mike as a Barry Manilow fan - I bet he digs him so much! :D
Instead of Barry, I'd like to suggest Uncle Mike be a fan of Gregorian Chants. For a fey listening  to music of the Catholic Church would seem guilty indeed. >D
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 05:37:42 am »
LOL

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

DandelionWine

• Mechanic
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 07:05:29 am »
I'm having a hard time trying to come up with guilty pleasures for these guys... when I think of guilty pleasures, I think of things like a mug of deep dark hot chocolate, but it's already been established that they mostly all love chocolate, calories don't count for them, (which is pretty darn irritating BTW).  They can hardly get drunk because of their metabolism, so adding peppermint schnapps doesn't make it MORE guilty.  hmmm, bubble bath while reading a romance novel, nah, can't quite see that, cause the guys are still guys!  I've known guys who read a few romance novels, but it was mostly to figure out why women enjoyed them. 

Playing RPGs on line?  Or WoW?  Maybe, I could even see that as amusing for old weres, it's just so ridiculous.  Younger weres wouldn't have the conflict of having fought with swords 'back in the day' so it's not such a dilemma for them like as not. 

It's not like a huge steak when trying to watch your cholesterol works either, it's a tough on to find the right thing!

A gallon of french vanilla ice cream?  Maybe. Lasagna a la Garfield?  maybe...

I guess this is as diverse as the people who were turned, they could have as many guilty pleasures as the rest of us.  What makes it guilty though?  Is it something any human would rather keep quiet or is it specifically because the other reindeer, I mean wolves would laugh and call them names for? 

More and more men are doing things like quilting and sewing, just like there's a woman near me who does woodcarving etc.  I can understand anything like that being a draw when you need something that is contemplative and soothing to do... I can see how someone who has to be tough enough to hold their place in a wolf pack looking at a love of say quilting or knitting as a guilty pleasure I suppose.   Asil has his roses and other hothouse flowers though, so most of those things still don't quite fit the bill, except maybe in their own minds?

Interesting topic!

Oh and @ BillG, I'm not sure religious music is what would make it a guilty pleasure... lots came to the church in River Marked, and it's been said that it wasn't the religion but the cold iron that was used that bothered the fae... still it would be a bit odd eh?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:08:12 am by DandelionWine »
Sometimes you have to look reality in the eye - and deny it

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 09:10:43 am »
Uncle Mike as a Barry Manilow fan - I bet he digs him so much! :D

I could rather see him being a Barry White fan, or a secret James Earl Jones impersonator.

Anna's probably addicted to Astérix comics, and calls a complete collection her own.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Janilee

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 09:13:19 am »
Cavities could still be a possible problem for werewolves.   >D

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 09:13:53 am »

Anna's probably addicted to Astérix comics, and calls a complete collection her own.
Yes! LOL

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 09:23:10 am »
Cavities could still be a possible problem for werewolves.   >D
So?  knock the tooth out & grow a new one.

I like the idea of one or more of the macho wolves being addicted to Hallmark movies of the week/month.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

pheona

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:13 am »
Watching any Disney movie would probably be a guilty pleasure for werewolves.

Maybe for some. But thinking of the younger ones, especially girls I just don't see it. Take Anna, for instance. She's young enough that it's very likely the Disney Princesses defined a large part of her childhood. And she seems to have the personality that would continue to appreciate some of the cleverness thrown in to the films. Not that I see her sitting down for a marathon often, but checking out the two newer princesses at least once and maybe re-watching a single favorite given the opportunity?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:36:48 am »
Oooh, how about Charles having a secret delight in watching bad werewolf movies?
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 03:46:08 am »
Dandelion Wine, I'd like to raise two points. As to what is a Guilty Pleasure? To me it's something you feel guilty about due to the mores of the time and based on the age of the person. Gender, also. Another series I've read had an elderly lawyer confess that he'd often prefer root beer to the proper wine that he was served.
It was the cold iron and steel that endangered the fae, but that steel was in the hands of Christians. There is even a church in Bran's home town, one that seemed non-denominational. But when Mercy was challenged as a human in Uncle Mike's Tavern and told to sing, to get in there face about it she chose to sing a Christmas carol.
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

juliebanderob

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 01:30:41 pm »
Ben should have a guilty pleasure of watching "its a wonderful life" and Christmas on 34th street every year during the holidays.  :)

take care all!
Julie

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 04:20:55 pm »
I can see Ben eating the inside of an ice cream pail, leaving only the edge so that it looks full when you look at it  :D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 11:24:11 pm »
I can see Ben eating the inside of an ice cream pail, leaving only the edge so that it looks full when you look at it  :D

LOL

What about if Honey finger painted Adam's wall?  :-whistle

Or if Stephan listens to the singer "Shaggy. I was just wondering since he likes scooby-doo and shaggy and all.....If you just add that he is obsessed with anything to do with scooby-doo, even if it is a singer's name.

Would if Sam or Ben dresses up as scooby-doo for holloween?

I hope I am on the right track and am not actually posting something that is not a guilty pleasure.
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:43 pm »
If Adam has a kid , I am not far enough in the series to know if anyone knows if he does yet, Sam is showing barbie movies to the kid?

Or honey is painting with the kid?  :P
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

Ultie

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 08:59:58 pm »
I support Ben as a brony. It's also my head cannon that he's a /b/tard 4channer /i/nsurgency anyway- how else would he be able to find all those disturbing websites? Him being a brony would fit perfectly.

I could easily see a number of wolves playing WoW, Team Fortress, or Left4Dead obsessively. Maybe Warren has a love for mine craft?

IDK, maybe some of the older wolves are members of Society for Creative Anachronism?