Author Topic: The Hob's Ear Chain  (Read 8990 times)

Eldritch_Crank

• Tool Wrangler
    • Xenophon Hendrix
The Hob's Ear Chain
« on: January 01, 2008, 03:52:37 pm »
How did the bloodmage manage to acquire the Hob's ear chain?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: The Hob's Ear Chain
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 06:28:09 pm »
I would think one of his worriors got it, or else he used magic. He /is/ a mage after all.

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 06:31:12 am »
I got the impression that the hob was so badly injured at one point that he had, well, not passed out, but collapsed.  Evil mage got to gloat over the body a little, reach down and yank the chain off, then left him for dead, or got distracted and didn't finish the kill.   Foolish, but that happens sometimes. ;)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Shy

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:49:46 pm »
Yeah, that's the impression I got too, that he just yanked it out of ear or something when they were fighting.

touchstone

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 01:48:46 pm »
I don't think so; when the Hob confronts the bloodmage at the end, he acts as though it's the first time he's seen him. He's 'fascinated', and asks the Hob what he is. I'm not sure what other suggestion to offer, though. One of the berserkers could have taken it, or the Hob might have left it somewhere as part of a ruse or a lure?

Thea

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 05:18:11 pm »
very good question and I need to reread the book to find out!

Demeter

• Grease Monkey
  • What universe is this?
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 04:33:02 pm »
I wondered about that too... and decided (based on the Evil BloodMage's comments) that he found it on the ground (or perhaps hanging from a bush or thorn) where it fell during the Hob's fight with those poor warriors.
Sporadic Forum member, but ever loyal Briggas Fan!!!

pence

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 01:48:53 pm »
Something else to be covered in that lovingly fantasized volume two.  If we all imagine it hard enough, maybe like Tinkerbelle it WILL LIVE!

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 03:47:05 pm »

This made me start the book again. It's a long time since I read it. Not reached the air chain part yet... ;)

MODERATOR NOTE:  This post originally contained a smile link from the home.no domain, which is a known attack site and purveyor of malware.  The image was harmless, but has been removed because it was tripping anit-virus warnings.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:00:26 pm by Mike Briggs »

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy