Author Topic: Comic-Con mini-interview via You Tube  (Read 3643 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Comic-Con mini-interview via You Tube
« on: August 09, 2011, 04:52:39 pm »
Three quick questions with Patricia Briggs at Comic-Con

The sound quality is not that great, being in the middle of Comic-Con so I've tried to do a transcript for it as well. I unfortunately don't know the interviewer's name, just that she's Swedish. :)

[Definitely not the best transcript but it gives you a feel of the interview which is quick and fun! -- Elle]

Interviewer: Hi Patricia, thank you for doing this.

Patty: Hi. Well thank you for coming and interviewing me, this is really fun.

Interviewer: I have three quick questions and I'll start with what's in your future? What are you working on?

Patty: I am working on Fair Game, which is the next upcoming book and it's werewolves and fae and serial killers in Boston and it should be fun.

Interviewer: It sounds excellent.

Patty: Lots of blood and gore in it. Death and dismemberment...should be good.

Interviewer: That's even better. The second question is how...what are your feelings on fan fiction?

Patty: You know, I think that its...it fills a need for people who like to finish a story or resolve unfilled tension in books and things and it's pretty good practice. I would rather see people do their own original fiction because we already have a Harry Potter and we have a JK Rowling and I'd like to see what they could come up with when their playing in their own worlds.

Interviewer: Excellent. And the third one, if you could print absolutely anything you wanted on t-shirt what would it be?

Patty: (Laughing) Oh my goodness, oh my goodness okay...uhm..oh... I'm gonna have to go to the side for this. Amanda what is the yo-yo....the slinky one?

Amanda: People are like slinkys. They're only fun when you push them down the stairs.

Patty: Oh right, right! I think most people are like slinkys. They're not good for much but I like to watch them as you, when you push them down the stairs.

Interviewer: (Laughing) Excellent! Thank you very much and I hope to see you Sweden soon.

Patty: Oh, that would very good!

Hurog Means Dragon.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
Re: Comic-Con mini-interview via You Tube
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:08:46 am »
Thanks Elle that was fun.
The interviewer seems to be from a swedish book shop called SF bokhandeln(= The SF book shop.)

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:07 am »
Good to know! Thanks, Varg. :)

When I was doing the transcript I thought for sure that Patty had said exsanguination and not dismemberment. I guess that's the first place my mind went.  >D Definitely puts a different spin on her answer!
Hurog Means Dragon.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:32 am »
LOL Yet another example to prove that we hear what we expect to hear a lot of the time LOL

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy