Author Topic: Adam's divorce  (Read 4733 times)

malika

• Grease Monkey
Adam's divorce
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:04:59 pm »
Hi Patty! I just discovered your website and have been catching up on the posts and chat transcripts. I don't think anyone has asked this before. I was wondering about Adam's divorce. He seems to have been able to keep his house, car, and other property pretty much as-is, plus custody of his daughter. This is definitely not the norm in American divorce cases. So, does he hold his property in corporation-form for the benefit of the pack, or in living trust for his daughter, or did he just have a really, really good pre-nup? Also, will we see his ex-wife pop up in the books in the future besides the occasional reference?

By the way, I absolutely love the Mercy books and can't wait for the next one! I got one of my best friends hooked on it too and it's been a topic of hot discussion. Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 11:00:33 pm by Elle »

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Adam's divorce
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:04:56 pm »
Adam paid his exwife off for her half of the house (but he also had a prenup which limited the damages).  His exwife got custody, but lost it when she left Jesse alone while she took off for Europe -- and Adam sued for custody again and got it.
Patty