Author Topic: Suzanne Enoch - Contemporaries  (Read 4180 times)

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
Suzanne Enoch - Contemporaries
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:46:16 pm »
I am a huge fan of Suzanne Enoch's contemporary series. It starts with Flirting with Danger and follows the same couple for 4 books. She has great characters, fun dialogue and a unique premise. I just hope we get more of them. Seriously, is anyone else out there rooting for other Rick and Sam book?     If you like series that follows the same couple give her a try. Not all romance couples can work out their differences in 350 pages.
(Warning, some self-interest here: I want more people to fall in love with this series so the publisher will offer her a contract for a new book).

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
Re: Suzanne Enoch - Contemporaries
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 05:55:27 pm »
I've read the series! And I have really enjoyed it! I wished there was more but the last I heard there is no current plans that Suzanne is planning another book right - she has a new historical coming out soon. I hope she does soon though!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:01:53 pm »
I know that the publisher hasn't offered her a contract for another book. They might sell well, but her historical sell better. I think people just need exposure to her. They didn't exactly market them agressively. And I think the same crowd that likes J.D. Robb books or Janet Evanvich's series would love these books. Not many romance series follow the same couple.

I found a forum on Amazon.com about this series and commented that she should consider self-publishing through Kindle or some other ebook publisher. And she actually responded. She said she has considered it and is interested but she has to finish her current project first.  Check out her post:

http://www.amazon.com/suzanne-enoch-Samantha-Jellicoe-Series/forum/FxWBJBRP4M7CNE/TxVMGX3RTWLPUT/1/ref=cm_cd_pg_oldest?_encoding=UTF8&s=books&asin=0060875232&store=books&cdSort=newest

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 06:34:48 pm »
Ohhh - that is great!

I will def check it out! I think this is an underrated gem of a series and I agree its a cross between In Death and Plum - and it deserves more!
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
Re: Suzanne Enoch - Rick and Sam
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:29:56 am »
Good news for fans of Sam and Rick. Ms. Enoch has started another book in the series. Here is her post from an Amazon discussion board:

Suzanne L. Enoch says:
Hi, everyone! I am currently working on a new Sam & Rick book, for e-publication. Really! The process is slow, though, because I am under contract for other books with definite deadlines, so the S&R has to be in my spare time. But I'm on chapter 3. *g*

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:21 pm »
Ohhh thanks for the headsup and I am so GLAD she's doing another Sam and Rick book and i think in this climate of Bazillionaire heroes in romance it might be fitting!

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
Re: Suzanne Enoch - Contemporaries *NEWS*
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:02:26 pm »
FYI. This is a re-post of Suzanne's post on an Amazon discussion thread, in regards to her Sam and Rick books.

Suzanne L. Enoch says:
"I apologize, guys! I AM working on the story - still. Because I'm contracted for 4 books right now with St. Martin's Press, I have to sneak in writing time in between deadlines. I'm hoping to schedule in a break after I turn in the fall book, so fingers crossed.

The good thing about writing this without going through a publisher is that once it's finished, it doesn't sit for another year to fit into a schedule. So I'll stick my neck out and tentatively say Spring '15. Very tentatively. *g*

Oh, and at the moment I'm calling it BAREFOOT IN THE DARK. What do you think?"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_pg_oldest?ie=UTF8&authToken=&cdForum=Fx1SK9HMR9S3MN&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx2W3WU082SZPBQ

snapdragon

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 08:53:03 am »
OOOhhhh - I have read the first book in the series and have plans to read the others. So nice to know that another one will be coming out.

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:42 am »
FYI. Update from Suzanne, June 2nd:

"Okay, okay! :-) I'm on chapter 5 of a new Sam & Rick book at this very moment. Working title: Barefoot in the Dark.

Thank you guys so much for your continuing interest, and I'll keep you posted!"

This was on an Amazon discussion tread:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_pg_oldest?ie=UTF8&authToken=&cdForum=Fx1SK9HMR9S3MN&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=Tx2W3WU082SZPBQ

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 04:47:39 pm »
The new Rick and Sam is up on for pre-order on Amazon, Kobo and more. I never thought it would get written:) It will be interesting to see if and how she deals with the time gap.

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/barefoot-in-the-dark-5

https://www.amazon.ca/Barefoot-Dark-Samantha-Rick-Book-ebook/dp/B07D4LXQTZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527382025&sr=8-1&keywords=barefoot+in+the+dark

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 04:52:42 pm »
Trying to do it around contracted books must have been really tough.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.