Author Topic: werewolf  (Read 2961 times)

Trish

• Tool Wrangler
werewolf
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:37:22 am »
Dear Patty,
I have just bought and read all your Mercy books. I loved them!. Last Friday I went into hospital to have my gall bladder removed. Coming around in the recovery room I could hear the nurse asking what I was afraid of. Well now how could I tell her  I thought I was a werewolf and with the pain relief she was giving me I would loose control of my wolf! I did come out of it and calmed down. They them sent me off to the recovery ward. The name of the ward was Wolf. I just though you might find it amusing. I know I did. Must have been my take on Silver borne. If I ever have another operation I will be careful what I read before hand.
Best wish from a new fan.
Trish

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: werewolf
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:59:05 am »
 ;D  How fun is that.

I think I've mentioned on this forum that when Mike and I moved back to Butte MT, someone at his job, knowing I what I write, told this story.  The building Mike worked in was the old Hennessy's building.   Five or six stories tall (I've forgotten) and full of the kind of beautiful wood and metal work that the old, upscale department stores built in the 1900-1920's were fond of.  Hennessy's is long gone, and the building is now an upscale office building. Apparently one morning a few years ago, the alarms went off and the police came out to find a man sitting on the widow ledge of the second story (about thirty feet about the ground).  When asked what he was doing there, he told officers that he'd been running from a werewolf.  True story.

Hopefully you are well on your way to recovery!  Operations=no fun.